Page 64 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast
    Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts
    day 2 https://www.ewrc-results.com/leg/672...ly-2021/?leg=2

Katsuta and Formaux the drivers of the day for me, Suninen again showing good pace today

Breen very disappointing to be honest, same goes for Loubet

All the rest the same story what i wrote yesterday with the exception that Tänak today showed a lot better speed today, like i said he will eventually get there.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

2. Likes: Rally Hokkaido (24th April 2021)
    Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post

Katsuta and Formaux the drivers of the day for me, Suninen again showing good pace today

All the rest the same story what i wrote yesterday with the exception that Tänak today showed a lot better speed today, like i said he will eventually get there.
    I'm curious, why has Sunninen shown pace?
    He ought to be running away with it and Millner said before the rally he expected him to win to show off the pace of the rally 2 machine.

Not trying to be critical, just genuinely curious why we have such a different take on things.

Liked 3,789 Times in 1,684 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    He ought to be running away with it and Millner said before the rally he expected him to win to show off the pace of the rally 2 machine.

Not trying to be critical, just genuinely curious why we have such a different take on things.
    Suninen is +- on pace of Ostberg and Gryazin. He lost yesterday about 40 with ditch excursion on SS 4 and also has 10 sec penalty. For me he is one of the biggest surprises of this rally.

5. Likes: AnttiL (24th April 2021),EstWRC (24th April 2021),Rally Hokkaido (25th April 2021)
    Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post

because he struggled with the R5 car in the past and the speed hasnt been the best, i definitely didnt expect him to run away

Team bosses always say a lot of things.

E: what Pluto said
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Breen has been the biggest disappoinment of the rally for me. Tänak has been also disappointing because his usual standard is so high.

Liked 1,463 Times in 836 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post

I think after what happened to him (Breen) this morning he lost the already small amount of confidence he had in the car, and mind you he hasn't done a tarmac event since Spain 2018, let alone with the i20 as this is his first time with the Hyundai on the sealed surface. I just hope he gets to do Ypres and get (some of) his confidence back (on Tarmac) over there. Regarding yesterday, I think he was overwhelmed a bit with the car, not being used to drive a WRC car on tarmac for such a long time, takes time to get back the feeling I guess, and he (& Hyundai) didn't have the best tyre choice to say the least.

I'm not trying to protect him or anything and I'm sure he's just as gutted as we are with his performance, but some rallies are like that, even when you look at Tanak this rally and compare him to last time out, he seems a bit like a fish out of water here. I just hope Thierry doesn't muck it up tomorrow and crash when he goes for some points (& positions). Also side-note, I'm guessing they're still getting used to those Pirelli's (and I'm sure it takes time after 10 years with Michelin on all 4 rims).
    Last edited by Eli; 24th April 2021 at 16:41.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

9. Likes: MarkT (24th April 2021)
    Liked 3,295 Times in 1,734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Hokkaido View Post
    Has Taka found another favourite stage? His SS15 time is a second quicker than the first run.
    Must be a mistake in the live results system
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 3,789 Times in 1,684 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    Must be a mistake in the live results system
    Or he has found a shortcut

12. Likes: Jarek Z (24th April 2021)
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Breen has been the biggest disappoinment of the rally for me. Tänak has been also disappointing because his usual standard is so high.
    Hyundai on tarmac. Surely better than when Loeb still drove it but certainly not an allround easy to drive car.

14. Likes: AnttiL (24th April 2021)
    Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    I think after what happened to him (Breen) this morning he lost the already small amount of confidence he had in the car, and mind you he hasn't done a tarmac event since Spain 2018, let alone with the i20 as this is his first time with the Hyundai on the sealed surface.
    After Spain 2018 Breen did at least 17 asphalt events. Not with the i20 WRC but he was sitting in the car pretty much all the time.
    Last edited by Mirek; 24th April 2021 at 16:57.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

16. Likes: Jarek Z (24th April 2021)