Page 65 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    I'm curious, why has Sunninen shown pace?
    He ought to be running away with it and Millner said before the rally he expected him to win to show off the pace of the rally 2 machine.

Not trying to be critical, just genuinely curious why we have such a different take on things.
    I also think Suninen is doing ok. Never expected him to be able to fight for the top here. Just behind the top 2 in speed is ok.
    What Milner said was never realistic in the first place. Can't believe he actually meant it for anything else than motivation.

Liked 1,463 Times in 836 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    After Spain 2018 Breen did at least 17 asphalt events. Not with the i20 but he was sitting in the car pretty much all the time.
    I'm aware of the fact he's done a lot of tarmac rallying during this period of time, but he said it himself yesterday, the whole experience feels alien to him and everything is coming much faster than in the i20R5/PoloR5/younameitR5.

Besides, there's a difference doing an ERC event (or a local championship event) with an R5 car and doing a WRC event with a WRC car against guys like Tanak, Neuville (who's done every tarmac event with the i20WRC since 2017), Ogier and Evans (who did compete in 2019 on the tarmac of Corsica & Spain).
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    After Spain 2018 Breen did at least 17 asphalt events. Not with the i20 WRC but he was sitting in the car pretty much all the time.
    He did the Belgian rally last year in i20 WRC.

But he never got any good result in a WRC rally on tarmac, even when C3 was winning rallies on it with Meeke and Loeb. So I am not convinced of his tarmac skills in that kind of car.

4. Likes: AnttiL (24th April 2021),Mirek (24th April 2021)
    Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    I'm aware of the fact he's done a lot of tarmac rallying during this period of time, but he said it himself yesterday, the whole experience feels alien to him and everything is coming much faster than in the i20R5/PoloR5/younameitR5.

Besides, there's a difference doing an ERC event (or a local championship event) with an R5 car and doing a WRC event with a WRC car against guys like Tanak, Neuville (who's done every tarmac event with the i20WRC since 2017), Ogier and Evans (who did compete in 2019 on the tarmac of Corsica & Spain).
    You claimed he didn't do an asphalt event in last 2,5 years, I told you he did a lot of them.

Plus there is Fourmaux.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    He did the Belgian rally last year in i20 WRC.

But he never got any good result in a WRC rally on tarmac, even when C3 was winning rallies on it with Meeke and Loeb. So I am not convinced of his tarmac skills in that kind of car.
    Good point, I think if he gets to do another tarmac rally, we'll have a better idea of his tarmac skills. Now that he knows the car (wayyy) better than he did just a couple of days ago, and has some experience.

You claimed he didn't do an asphalt event in last 2,5 years, I told you he did a lot of them.

Plus there is Fourmaux.
    I claimed he didn't do a tarmac event for 2.5 years with a WRC car on a WRC event.

As for Fourmaux, I have to say he's really impressed, and I really hope we'll get to see him more with the car this year (whether it's a tarmac or a gravel event).

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    about Suninen imho i dont think that he is doing well.
    He is not same fast as Ostberg/Gryazin,and he did the mistake under pressure.
    When you are a wrc regular,thats not a good or ''ok'' result
    If i was his manager i wouldnt be happy,as the target was to show fiesta r5 speed,and we clearly see that c3 and polo are faster.
    Mikkelsen a bigger dissapointment too.

Liked 9,346 Times in 4,964 Posts
    Adrien FOURMAUX

The feeling is unique. Today is just over and I can't wait to start tomorrow.

My cheeks hurt, I think I smiled too much today !

10. Likes: cali (24th April 2021)
    Liked 9,346 Times in 4,964 Posts

Liked 838 Times in 385 Posts
    What a disaster of a tyre choice this morning by Hyundai, looking at Neuville's pace, they threw away a victory. Tomorrow's stages aren't short so it's not over, but still...
    Finger crossed for Fourmaux to bring it home tomorrow.

13. Likes: Jarek Z (24th April 2021)