Page 99 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,115 Times in 914 Posts
    a comment left to Ogier accident YT video:
    Rally organizer: "It turned out a bit awkward that Ogier was running away from the cops and it’s clear to me that this could be interpreted from the video that was posted. No, a Toyota representative, who came immediately, is in coordination with the control of the entire rally organization and police together, made a deal to let Ogier go. I guess this cop didn't hear that so it turned out like Ogier was running away from him. There was no need for him to be detained, although the police have the right to exclude the vehicle from traffic, and at the same time from the rally if it is determined that it is unsafe to drive. His door was cracked, but he could continue the traffic so they let him go. The police took his data and the data of the driver of the other car, and they will have another conversation with Ogier later in the afternoon. If they find that he is really guilty, the other driver will pay damages as is done in every other car accident. All cars must have and have car insurance like you and me, fulfilling the European report and the procedures is the most normal"

2. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (25th April 2021)
    Liked 107 Times in 39 Posts
    Also, Croatian media reports that Ogier DID have police approval for leaving the place of car accident. That policeman who tried to stop him wasn't aware of that. They agreed to take action on Ogier after the rally.

Liked 1,120 Times in 599 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    Why is there always a new french driver getting to the top?
    What is it that the french does to find the talents, is it the FFSA programs only?

Anyway, Formaux was impressive, and Greensmith must get tired of being beaten!
    But all in all A step forward for the Fiesta WRC!
    because the FFSA actually looks for talent instead of rich kids.

the RACB in belgium did the same once and found neuville. unfortunately they haven't tried it again since then.

5. Likes: steve.mandzij (25th April 2021),Sulland (25th April 2021)
    Liked 38 Times in 19 Posts
    Nothing new, but Tänak said to Estonian media after the Croatian rally, that he is not comfortable driving Hyundai on tarmac (indicated that only Neuville is comfortable with the car, other drivers not) and Hyundai isn't 100% comfortable on gravel either. Tänak hoped that they will find a solution, especially for tarmac rallies.

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Yeah that makes him the 3rd in line, also now joined by Breen.

Liked 1,460 Times in 834 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Yeah that makes him the 3rd in line, also now joined by Breen.
    Well at least Breen was the fastest of the Hyundai's on the power stage if that's any consolation. In any case, Hyundai still have work to do for the next Tarmac rounds. Hopefully now that all crews have the experience on dry tarmac with those Pirellis, we'll have an (even more) intriguing battles on the 3 remaining tarmac rounds. I'm sure Adamo will hit back (just as they did last time out) when we come back to the gravel section of the season starting with Portugal.

On a different note, what a debut for Adrien Fourmaux. He's really impressed and hopefully he'll get some eyes looking at him more closely from now on around the service park, it's a refreshing change of pace to see a new rally driver on the scene doing so well from the off, sure it was a tarmac event but that doesn't guarantee anything, as we saw time and again in this championship. Hopefully his next WRC event with a WRC car isn't too far off.

As for Croatia, what a debut for an event and that's before considering the 3rd closest finish ever in the championship, it's always nice to see a new event, especially a Tarmac one. It was really enjoyable to watch (when WRC+ was working properly), hopefully we get to see the event again next year and I sincerely hope that after this year the FIA and Promoter will be compelled to add new events every once an a while without waiting for a pandemic to happen. Looks really good in the championship, bring on Portugal!
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

9. Likes: Corcaíoch (25th April 2021),Fast Eddie WRC (25th April 2021),Rally Hokkaido (25th April 2021),steve.mandzij (25th April 2021)
    I think that there isn't so much to do anymore with this gen Hyundai (for other than Neuville to suit it).. especially on tarmac. I'm sure that both Loeb and Tänak have tried a lot of things to make it work as they want, but no real success..

Evans has lost quite many wins due to mistakes or bad luck

-touching bridge on PS, Argentina 2017, lost victory
    -puncture on PS, Corsica 2019, lost victory
    -offroad in Monza 2020, lost possible WDC
    -touching bank on PS, Croatia 2021, lost victory

11. Likes: Portimao (26th April 2021)
    Liked 12,205 Times in 5,239 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrial View Post
    Nothing new, but Tänak said to Estonian media after the Croatian rally, that he is not comfortable driving Hyundai on tarmac (indicated that only Neuville is comfortable with the car, other drivers not) and Hyundai isn't 100% comfortable on gravel either. Tänak hoped that they will find a solution, especially for tarmac rallies.
    you mean the delfi one?

Q: Can you say something about the performance on gravel of Hyundai?

A: No, i cant say/dont know. We have to drive the first rally through and then we will see. At the end of last year on gravel it was so and so, it has been 6 months since the last the gravel rally so its hard to say something.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 486 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrial View Post
    I wonder why no reporter didn't ask him that what is the reason why he doesn't feel comfortable to push. Is it high speed corners, is it breaking, is it overall grip... Didn't hear from Estonian media (not surprise though, because the reporter is amazingly bad) and also from All Live crew that question.

I'm still positive that they will find something. Ott is known for finding something that will help him. Next tarmac rallies are in the end of the year and there is time.

About carvel rallies then although it is not perfect there also, then I think he is more comfortable there. Road position in Portugal and Sardegna should help him also.

Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    you mean the delfi one?

Q: Can you say something about the performance on gravel of Hyundai?

A: No, i cant say/dont know. We have to drive the first rally through and then we will see. At the end of last year on gravel it was so and so, it has been 6 months since the last the gravel rally so its hard to say something.
    so still the same as in Monte, where he said that he hasn't been on pace for over a year.. With all the resources and knowhow it's sad though. 1.5 years gone by and no really big improvements..