Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    I think it's going to be a close call. But ultimately I think Lewis will most likely get it for two reasons - he has more experience, and he's simply a better driver than Max whom I think is very overrated. I think the more Perez gets used to the RBR and challenges Max we will see how overrated Max is, imo. Time will tell.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I think it's going to be a close call. But ultimately I think Lewis will most likely get it for two reasons - he has more experience, and he's simply a better driver than Max whom I think is very overrated. I think the more Perez gets used to the RBR and challenges Max we will see how overrated Max is, imo. Time will tell.
    Yes, I also think Lewis would probably edge him out with experience too, at least for now.. but I do also feel he is equally as quick in terms of raw pace and can only get better and more complete with experience. The balance will tip one day, its just a question of when.

If you ever use iracing you should hope one day to come up against him or even just compare times, as you might expect, he is rather impressive there too, ultra competitive in the top leagues. It may only be a sim but it is still pretty cool to able to compare styles, lines and times with a F1 driver.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    For me they were just unlucky with on timing with the release with Gasly, I can't blame the pit crew for that one.

I think things are going to improve a lot for Merc now that two of the unsuited street circuits are out of the way.
    Maybe its just the extended Merc dominance that has brainwashed me into thinking this way... but I'm still expecting Lewis to take the WDC this season.
    I hear you, but l don't feel it at the moment. I know when Mercedes get the car right, Hamilton would crank forward and establish dominance. But this season, Redbull is genuinely faster than the Mercedes. And the way Verstappen is driving, he could win it if Mercedes do not get their act together. With a 26 points lead in the constructors for Redbull, this is the furtherest that Mercedes has been behind any team since 2018. They would need to be meticulous over the next five races to recover that deficit. And Bottas would need to get his form back up to his usual or he would put the team at risk.

The fact that Russell was able to jump in the car and perform better than him at Bahrain last season, suggests that he is very much at risk if his form remains as it is at the moment or at the next race. It is beginning to look very likely that Bottas may be jettisoned mid season with Russell or Ocon replacing him. I would think Russell more than Ocon.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 8th June 2021 at 09:46.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post

It is beginning to look very likely that Bottas may be jettisoned mid season with Russell or Ocon replacing him. I would think Russell more than Ocon.
    I don't see this happening. It is really not in the Mercedes DNA to do something like this.

There would be a lot of media fall out if they did this after Toto and Bottas were taking shots at Red Bull. Christian would have a field day mocking Mercedes.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Just like in 2016 when the championchip is close the nerves beginns to itch, Lewis i feeling the heat. Max is the underdog and has no pressure.

6. Likes: airshifter (10th June 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01 View Post
    Just like in 2016 when the championchip is close the nerves beginns to itch, Lewis i feeling the heat. Max is the underdog and has no pressure.
    Oh Mia, l can tell you are enjoying this eh. Well the season is not over yet. There is more drama to come with twists and turns. Perez may well end up winning it. He is a dark horse at the moment.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    But this season, Redbull is genuinely faster than the Mercedes.
    Every year you claim that that Merc is only the 2nd or 3rd fastest car. Yet they keep dominating like no team in history has dominated before. You're not just trying to build up the accomplishments of a certain Merc driver are you? Merc started this year off a little behind, and we've also had some tracks that don't particularly suit their cars as much as most others....but judging by what I've seen so far, I'm pretty confident that after the next few races the points totals won't be much different than those of the last few seasons.
    I like Hamilton, but I'm not going to try to bend reality in an attempt to make him greater than he is.

9. Likes: gm99 (10th June 2021),Nitrodaze (10th June 2021),pantealex (10th June 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firstgear View Post
    Every year you claim that that Merc is only the 2nd or 3rd fastest car. Yet they keep dominating like no team in history has dominated before. You're not just trying to build up the accomplishments of a certain Merc driver are you? Merc started this year off a little behind, and we've also had some tracks that don't particularly suit their cars as much as most others....but judging by what I've seen so far, I'm pretty confident that after the next few races the points totals won't be much different than those of the last few seasons.
    I like Hamilton, but I'm not going to try to bend reality in an attempt to make him greater than he is.
    Not sure what you are on about. If you pay attention you would see that l am routing for Verstappen this season. Of course, Mercedes is a brilliant team, they always find a way to turn setbacks around. It does not mean that it has been easy for them. So l don't understand your point? What are you trying to say?
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 10th June 2021 at 13:43.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 667 Times in 465 Posts
    I don't think the RB is a superior car this year. I think it's faster in the twisty stuff, but down on power vs the Merc. And it's close enough that at some tracks it can challenge.

Max has matured a lot. Lewis did the same as a younger driver. Now that Max doesn't see red mist constantly, he is capable of challenging in an equal car IMHO, and even when the hand goes to Merc he can stay in touch enough to jump if anyone ahead makes big mistakes.

But I think through the season Merc will be back on form. It's just been some luck and tracks that better suit the RB, and in reality bad luck has probably kept RB from gaining more points while Merc was struggling some. I think RB will likely regret that as the year goes on, unless luck plays more into things for one of the two teams.

12. Likes: Firstgear (10th June 2021),Mia 01 (10th June 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    I don't think the RB is a superior car this year. I think it's faster in the twisty stuff, but down on power vs the Merc. And it's close enough that at some tracks it can challenge.

Max has matured a lot. Lewis did the same as a younger driver. Now that Max doesn't see red mist constantly, he is capable of challenging in an equal car IMHO, and even when the hand goes to Merc he can stay in touch enough to jump if anyone ahead makes big mistakes.

But I think through the season Merc will be back on form. It's just been some luck and tracks that better suit the RB, and in reality bad luck has probably kept RB from gaining more points while Merc was struggling some. I think RB will likely regret that as the year goes on, unless luck plays more into things for one of the two teams.
    The DNA of the championship-winning car of 2020 is still very much in the W12. But it has been setback by the 2021 regulation around the chassis. It is common for people to underestimate the Redbull because we are so accustomed to Mercedes winning. The fact of the matter is they are struggling with a number of things. From operating with a reduced budget, to coping with a compromised chassis [aero-ballast] due to regulation changes. They are not quite so invincible as they use to be.[Thanks to the F1M]

So yes they may still be fast, but they do not have wiggle room to be complacent or have a bad weekend. Because they would be more effectively punished for any slack in their operation. As we have seen at Monaco and Baku.

Baku is very important because it is a Mercedes track and Redbull was faster on pure pace than the Mercedes. Which would suggest that Mercedes may be faced with a surprise or two on all of their usual favourite tracks by Redbull. The thing is, there is not much between the Merc and Redbull.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 18th July 2021 at 19:02.
    William Shakespeare