Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    With what is a contentious turn of events, Mercedes has clawed back lost ground to within 4 points from Redbull in the constructor's championship. This with one race to go before the summer break. Typically, Mercedes and Hamilton in particular tend to ramp up their performances after the summer break. To make things interesting, we are going to another Hamilton track in the next race.

The Redbull is still the quicker car. But it seems Mercedes has got closer at Silverstone. They are mighty on the straight again but still slower over a full lap.

Now the real question is " How would Verstappen bounce back from that scary crash?". I am glad he came out of the crash unscathed. But where is his mind at? Is he going to be ginger in future wheel to wheel tussle? Or is he going to be more aggressive?

Whatever the case, we shall see Verstappen and Hamilton in similar situations at most races the rest of this season. This here is where the title shall be won.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 20th July 2021 at 22:20.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I am glad he came out of the crash unscathed.
    Did he come out of it completely unscathed? I heard he was feeling dizzy. If he has a concussion, he may be sitting out the next race.

Quote Originally Posted by Firstgear View Post
    Did he come out of it completely unscathed? I heard he was feeling dizzy. If he has a concussion, he may be sitting out the next race.
    I hope that is not the case. We all need Verstappen in the Redbull at the next race. Regardless of how we all view the incident.
    William Shakespeare

4. Likes: Firstgear (19th July 2021)
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Fingers crossed he's not

Liked 1,120 Times in 599 Posts
    Now the real question is " How would Verstappen bounce back from that scary crash?". I am glad he came out of the crash unscathed. But where is his mind at? Is he going to be ginger in future wheel to wheel tussle? Or is he going to be more aggressive?
    I would assume he will want to return hamilton the favor when he gets the chance.

I expect them to be both in the wall together in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    I would assume he will want to return hamilton the favor when he gets the chance.

I expect them to be both in the wall together in the near future.
    Well, l hope he does not try to do that. He would be messing with one of the hardest racers in recent times. I am very certain he would come out it badly bruised with a bloody nose.

The commonsense thing to do is find a respectful way to race with Hamilton. Hamilton is already being careful and respectful in his racing. To crank it up a notch would be daring the seven-times world champion. And l know where my money would be in that circumstances.

As a matter of fact, Hamilton has been way too tame this season. And he has let Verstappen get away with stuff that he would typically not tolerate. The lion in Hamilton has awakened at Silverstone. And Verstappen has been given notice that his antics will not be tolerated anymore.

So yes, it would be a highly risky move to take it up a notch. If he does, then we are set for a very entertaining rest of the season.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 19th July 2021 at 17:51.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Well, l hope he does not try to do that. He would be messing with one of the hardest racers in recent times. I am very certain he would come out it badly bruised with a bloody nose.
    Please! The rhetoric on both side is so tiresome.

There will be no fisticuffs between any drivers - this is Formula 1 not NASCAR.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts

The commonsense thing to do is find a respectful way to race with Hamilton. Hamilton is already being careful and respectful in his racing. To crank it up a notch would be daring the seven-times world champion. And l know where my money would be in that circumstances.

As a matter of fact, Hamilton has been way too tame this season. And he has let Verstappen get away with stuff that he would typically not tolerate. The lion in Hamilton has awakened at Silverstone. And Verstappen has been given notice that his antics will not be tolerated anymore.

So yes, it would be a highly risky move to take it up a notch. If he does, then we are set for a very entertaining rest of the season.
    100% agree. Hamilton has been too tame towards Verstappen in recent times and served him his notice today. If I were Hamilton and a similar situation arises in the future, I'd rather take both of us out than leave Max get away with another one but backing out anymore against Max would be seen as a sign of weakness.

Mercedes EQ wins the FIA Formula-E driver and constructors championship. Mercedes have a new star in Nick De fries who wins his first Formula-E championship. The F2 world champion adds the Formula-E title to his long list of titles. The first FIA Formula-E champion.

CONGRATULATIONS NICK DE FRIES AND MERCEDES EQ
    William Shakespeare

The Mercedes lead in the constructor's championship of 11 points has just been cut down to 5 points gap to Redbull. As it stands, Redbull is poised to win one of the championship titles.

How Bottas has cost Mercedes dearly! [Not his fault l must add]

This 2021 season is turning on the performance of the number two driver. While Perez has recovered from 11th to reward Redbull handsomely. Bottas has drifted from 5th to outside the points; with no fault of his own, to punish Mercedes dearly at the Qatar race. As always, there is always a reason, something broke, tyre puncture, being taken out by another driver or unlucky with setup choice for the race etc. Whatever the case, Bottas could be the doing or undoing of the Mercedes team in the next two races, in the constructors battle.

The interesting thing is that both titles hang on less than 10 points going into the last two races. If there ever is a knifes edge situation, this is exactly it. Both or one of the titles could go either way depending on which team has serendipity and performance to seize the opportunities that emerge. Both drivers not in the title fight at Mercedes and Redbull, now hold the cards for which team wins the constructor's title for 2021. Failure to deliver by either driver, regardless of the reason, relative to their counterpart in the other teams would essentially hand the constructor's title to the other team.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 21st November 2021 at 18:10.
    William Shakespeare