Page 64 of 66 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 LastLast
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    The reaction to what Mads said was normal, he was bit too vocal and got a tiny money penalty from FIA and a big reminder not to be that vocal again.

The reaction to the FIA penalty here and elsewhere was anything but normal...... "omg end of free speech", "huge penalty", "they don't want emotions"...etc.

What followed was explaining why FIA had to do something at all and not just let it pass to all those "OMG" people.

2. Likes: cali (8th June 2021)
    Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    Just forget it already. In a month some will remember that some rally driver was really pissed off and maybe something about the penalty side. Majority of people won't even remember any of it.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

4. Likes: AnttiL (8th June 2021),EstWRC (8th June 2021),steve.mandzij (9th June 2021)
    Liked 12,164 Times in 5,216 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Just forget it already. In a month some will remember that some rally driver was really pissed off and maybe something about the penalty side. Majority of people won't even remember any of it.
    exactly

why guys you cant agree to disagree, people have always different opinions but at the moment one side is trying endlessly convince the other and vice versa
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

6. Likes: AnttiL (8th June 2021),pantealex (8th June 2021),satnav (8th June 2021)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    So strong in Portugal before his departure, Thierry Neuville was unable to regain that level of performance in Sardinia, tangling without being able to reverse the trend. At the finish line, the Hyundai rider lost "only" seven points to Sébastien Ogier in the championship, a minor problem.

Like Elfyn Evans, the Belgian rider had a very disappointing first day, quickly leaving the race for victory.

"I could take Elfyn's comments and say they're the same for me (general lack of feeling). I couldn’t have good feelings and struggled to find a little more speed and compete with Séb and Ott. I focused on driving the car and my style. In the second passes there was good speed, but in the first passes I struggled a lot. Unfortunately, Elfyn was also able to pick up speed. I felt helpless and realized I had to go ahead and go to the Power Stage. ”

Fortunately, this Sunday, the multiple runner-up in the rally world was able to find the resources needed to achieve speed despite the difficulties of the tires.

“I had two punctures on the first day and that meant we had lost two soft tires out of the eight allowed. on Sunday I just finished with used tires. We wanted to have a good position on the Power Stage and that was our only satisfaction this weekend. ”

The Belgian rider now hopes to find a good feeling in Kenya for an event that promises surprises.

“In Portugal the car worked well. We’ve done several tests and I hope we get the right setup right away. Safari will be a new and interesting adventure for all of us. It will be a really difficult event. "

Asked about the alleged fragility of his Hyundai, the Belgian believes that the Korean manufacturer will stop adding new upgrades to the current car, as it will focus on next year’s car.

If you look back on Saturday and see the size of a rock he touched (Tänak), I don't think any of these cars can stand it. True, we may be taking a little more risk than Toyota, but the team is more focused on the new car and we know what we have to solve to be strong with the new car. ”

https://motoresport.cat/2021/06/08/w.../?feed_id=3541

Liked 195 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I don't remember the greats like Mikkola, Röhrl, Vatanen, Kankkunen, Salonen, Auriol, Sainz, Loeb etc. showing their "big balls" through excessive swearing in interviews.
    It is not "showing big balls". It is pure anger and frustration because a product of inadequate quality has damaged the effort of this guy in very difficult and dangerous conditions. Anger and frustration are very common human emotions under such circumstances and have nothing to do with "showing big balls".
    Regarding swearing, Colin, Gigi and Marcus have done it. Before them there were no interviews.
    And regarding "sporting attitude", the great Walter Rohrl, one of the best of all times and surely one with the most "sportsman" attitude, before entering Desfina stage in on Acropolis, stopped the car, went into a small village tavern and drunk a glass of retsina wine. Can someone imagine what would happen if this happened today and someone saw it?

9. Likes: meh (9th June 2021)
    Liked 414 Times in 101 Posts
    My photos from this 2021 edition : https://flic.kr/s/aHsmVWXbgN

11. Likes: AnttiL (8th June 2021),cali (9th June 2021),Corcaíoch (9th June 2021),dimviii (8th June 2021),Eli (8th June 2021),Lead (9th June 2021),pantealex (8th June 2021),steve.mandzij (9th June 2021),tommeke_B (8th June 2021),TWRC (8th June 2021)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    The reaction to what Mads said was normal, he was bit too vocal and got a tiny money penalty from FIA and a big reminder not to be that vocal again.

The reaction to the FIA penalty here and elsewhere was anything but normal...... "omg end of free speech", "huge penalty", "they don't want emotions"...etc.

What followed was explaining why FIA had to do something at all and not just let it pass to all those "OMG" people.
    When people started confusing 'shows of emotion' with torrents of prolonged swearing - that was the issue I think.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

13. Likes: AnttiL (9th June 2021)
    Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    If there's something this forum knows how to do it's making a huge, long, droning deal about the most insignificant issues. Really, how much does anyone care anymore about Mads' outburst?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

15. Likes: AnttiL (9th June 2021),cali (9th June 2021),Rallyper (9th June 2021),tommeke_B (9th June 2021)
    Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    Was the fine given for the swearing just after the finish line, or for the post PS interview, if there was one?

Liked 3,290 Times in 1,732 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    If there's something this forum knows how to do it's making a huge, long, droning deal about the most insignificant issues. Really, how much does anyone care anymore about Mads' outburst?
    I have just found out that there are 12 pages about it. Over 100 posts. It starts on page 52

But I enjoyed this discussion. It was interesting to see what other people think.
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

18. Likes: pantealex (9th June 2021)