Page 53 of 66 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Liked 157 Times in 58 Posts
    Sounds like FIA just wants the normal boring stage end answers.

"I had a clean stage"
    "It felt alright"
    Development Engineer, Co-driver, 2x Swedish Champion (R2)

Liked 182 Times in 95 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    5 swear words in one interview in English and before that about as many in Norwegian without turning audio off.
    Were you hurt by these words? Are you offended?

FFS, pure emotion. Thats why we watch sport. Dont have to be such a pussy.

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Just checked Gronholm famous speeches. Highest number of swear words was 2. More importantly, none of that was live.

Now with alllive you have regulators restricting what could be said. If it goes on the TV , the channels get hefty fines. So either they add more delay to allive, or they just stop showing it om TV. Less spectators, less manus ....

For what? It's entirely possible to express emotions without swearing all the time. See Gronholm for reference.

4. Likes: AnttiL (6th June 2021),BigWorm (6th June 2021),cali (6th June 2021)
    Liked 1,474 Times in 573 Posts
    Well, it would have been owkay if he would just have used 1 or swear words. But that were complete sentences of swear words.
    I'm not suprised tbh, although for me personally I don't care.

6. Likes: AnttiL (6th June 2021),cali (6th June 2021),Got Mail (6th June 2021)
    Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Just checked Gronholm famous speeches. Highest number of swear words was 2. More importantly, none of that was live.

Now with alllive you have regulators restricting what could be said. If it goes on the TV , the channels get hefty fines. So either they add more delay to allive, or they just stop showing it om TV. Less spectators, less manus ....

For what? It's entirely possible to express emotions without swearing all the time. See Gronholm for reference.
    Mads knew exactly what he was doing there. Is that the behaviour of a 33-year old? Incredible.

Ok emotions run high as shown when he crossed the finish line. To get a fine for swearing is quite stupid imho and won't change much but c'mon, Mads, as an adult, should know that he doesn't need to use excessive swearing there. Way over the top.
    Last edited by BigWorm; 6th June 2021 at 14:57.

8. Likes: AnttiL (6th June 2021),Got Mail (6th June 2021)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/is-os...r-our-verdict/

The most interesting part is that Dirtfish staff doesn't know WRC and Rally2 use different tires.

Btw. I read somewhere that Citroen uses own rim design which is slightly different. On the other hand Huttunen said he damaged 3 rims yesterday without puncture.

Also how many WRC cars had a puncture this weekend? Don't remember any.

Liked 380 Times in 185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    Mads knew exactly what he was doing there. Is that the behaviour of a 33-year old? Incredible.

Ok emotions run high as shown when he crossed the finish line. To get a fine for swearing is quite stupid imho and won't change much but c'mon, Mads, as an adult, should know that he doesn't need to use excessive swearing there.
    Then again, non-native English speakers, very clearly pissed off. You won't get an articulated answer with loads of synonyms and so on. You will get much of the same words that comes to mind, and to be honest. I would've said "fck" and "shit" a lot as well.

But in all honesty, this is a great way to make the drivers answer less questions, and with a lot less words.

11. Likes: Eli (6th June 2021)
    Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    Then again, non-native English speakers, very clearly pissed off. You won't get an articulated answer with loads of synonyms and so on. You will get much of the same words that comes to mind, and to be honest. I would've said "fck" and "shit" a lot as well.

But in all honesty, this is a great way to make the drivers answer less questions, and with a lot less words.
    Doesn't have to be. Doesn't have to be full with curse words just for the sake of it either. This was all a bit over the top for me. Anyway, Mads will continue wearing his heart on his sleeve, which is good.

Liked 217 Times in 113 Posts
    There could be some "No Comment" interviews now

Also on the subject of questions there needs to be some more thought into the questions that are being asked, sometimes the questions aren't questions at all they are just a thought being said aloud for a reaction.

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts

15. Likes: steve.mandzij (6th June 2021)