Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Possibly some rain on Sunday.

Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts
    No Crugnola this week in Sardinia..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn M2007J3SG met Tapatalk

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    https://itgetsfasternow.com/2021/05/...sardegna-2021/

Here's my route preview. Difficult to write about the new stages (shakedown, one on Saturday, two on Sunday) but at least the rally is looking challenging enough.
    it seems to be very challenging i would say, the new stages and some new parts on others stages plus the hot weather.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

4. Likes: AnttiL (31st May 2021)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mousti View Post
    No Crugnola this week in Sardinia..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn M2007J3SG met Tapatalk
    Because of RedGrey team quarantine?

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Because of RedGrey team quarantine?
    Yes

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    like i said already, i think it will be a interesting rally....first time with such a heat with Pirelli tires for everyone, plus many new stages and new parts on old stages.

I rechecked last years results to see how much time the frontrunners lost on first day. Evans started 1st and lost 52 secs, Ogier started 2nd and lost 36 secs and Thierry started 3rd and lost 35 secs. But this time Friday is 30km longer than last year, so i guess the gaps will be even bigger than last year, even Tänaks 4th place doesnt seem that good in this light.

All the previous winning drivers from last 5 years are in Hyundai team right now and Toyota hasnt won this rally yet (although Tänak should have in 19').

I guess the favourite has to be again Sordo, he has won the last two years and has a brilliant starting position, Suninen was doing really good last year until second day and also has a good starting position. He really has to show what he has got this time IMO, Gus and Formaux have shown us the last two rallies that you can set good times with this machine, so definitely there shouldnt be no whining from him like last year every rally.

Katsuta has been on fire lately, can he maybe get his maiden podium here? I wouldnt be surpriesed at all if it happens.

Tänak showed great pace at Portugal but he warned Estonian reporters that it doesnt mean he will be as fast at Sardegna, because the rally has totally different character. But its one of his favourite rallies and has always been very fast here, won the Power Stage last year.

Difficult to predict the winner, as always a lot happens on this tricky rally.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

8. Likes: AnttiL (1st June 2021),dimviii (1st June 2021),Rallyper (2nd June 2021),sindroms (2nd June 2021),steve.mandzij (1st June 2021)
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    “It’s difficult to say are we going to be there in terms of pure pace against Hyundai, [especially] when we still have the road cleaning thing. With Séb and Elfyn one-two on the road, we have the worst positions on the worst rally of the season for cleaning.

“We go there looking to match them on pace and with that strategy, but we are also looking to limit the damage, get to the finish and take the points.”

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/toyot...re-italy-test/

Liked 1,621 Times in 737 Posts
    I think we will see again "Friday heroes" using their good start positions and everyone go crazy how good some M-Sport driver (as an example) can be... and then comes Saturday...

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Sunday rain looking more and more likely and with 4 days to go the weather prediction is now getting more accurate than random guessing. Now it looks there might also be a small chance of rain on last Saturday stage. Might be a late-rally turnover for Ogier, Evans and co. who are likely among the first on the road by then.

Other than that the biggest question is obviously if the late starters on Friday can really use the advantage (one puncture or mistake and it's all for nothing - Sordo in Turkey 2019 comes to mind) and if it's enough for them not to loose it all on Saturday and Sunday (like Suninen did last year).
    Last edited by mknight; 2nd June 2021 at 07:40.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts

[WRC] Rally Italia Sardegna 2021

Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Sunday rain looking more and more likely and with 4 days to go the weather prediction is now getting more accurate than random guessing. Now it looks there might also be a small chance of rain on last Saturday stage. Might be a late-rally turnover for Ogier, Evans and co. who are likely among the first on the road by then.

Other than that the biggest question is obviously if the late starters on Friday can really use the advantage (one puncture or mistake and it's all for nothing - Sordo in Turkey 2019 comes to mind) and if it's enough for them not to loose it all on Saturday and Sunday (like Suninen did last year).
    Anyone hitting trouble on Friday will be first on the road on Saturday, likely it’s not Ogier and Evans.

The rain won’t make a difference, maybe for restarting drivers first on the road on the power stage.

13. Likes: pantealex (2nd June 2021)