Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Liked 30 Times in 16 Posts
    Didn't go there last year, but for my expirience you only need ticket to spectate ittiri arena(don't know if they run it this year) and a rallypass for vip areas. So all the rally is free!

Liked 307 Times in 148 Posts
    You have statements from organizers on their social media. Spectating is allowed. They've told 25% of capacity of each fan zone will be available, but I would not think about it too much. I was last year when spectators were "banned" and nobody has any problem. The only words from police were: Park on the right side, please.
    Last edited by Tom K; 26th May 2021 at 12:04.

Liked 12,153 Times in 5,211 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafe View Post
    Has anyone information about possibilities for spectating next week's rally? I couldn't find anything.... Are there usually tickets? Has anyone experience from last year from 1st COVID impacted Rally Sardegna?
    5 minutes of search work and the results are following:

https://translate.google.com/transla...ella-capienza/

Spectators admitted at the @Rally_d_Italia 2021. Fan zones with a maximum of 25% of spectators.
    Details on http://rallyitaliasardegna.com

Rally ItaliaSardegna @Rally_d_Italia The 4 rules for spectators to follow @Rally_d_Italia 2021.

Choose your spectator areas
    Go to the spectator area in advance
    Stewards will check remaining capacity at the entrance
    Always wear a face mask and maintain social distance

source https://twitter.com/Rally_d_Italia
    Last edited by EstWRC; 26th May 2021 at 11:34.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 5,498 Times in 2,280 Posts
    Oliver Solberg misses Rally Italia Sardgena

Oliver Solberg will not start next week’s Rally Italia Sardegna.

Oliver’s father Petter Solberg tested positive for coronavirus on Monday (May 24). The FIA’s Appendix S COVID-19 protocol and national government regulations offer clear quarantine instructions for those in close contact.

Oliver has tested negative repeatedly since Monday, but will remain in quarantine in a hotel in Porto for 14 days.

Oliver had been scheduled to make his second Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC appearance of the season at next week’s Olbia-based World Rally Championship round.

Oliver said: “You can imagine, I am more than disappointed by this news. I am a little bit devastated.

“But you know, we have seen in the last year what coronavirus can do. My papa is doing well with a small fever and I’m thinking to him right now.

“It’s really hard to take now, but the time for my next rally in that amazing Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC will come. We have these rules and regulations for a reason and that reason is to try to stop this thing spreading.

“My family accepts completely what the FIA, the rally organisers, the national governments and medical professionals are telling us. The most important thing is that we keep people safe.”

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    A big disappointment for sure. It would have been a good opportunity to get first stage win or lead a rally with a good starting position. Hopefully a new try in Estonia.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    "At the direction of the Portuguese Health Authorities, the whole RedGrey team – which runs Hyundai’s WRC2 concern – is in quarantine until June 4."

What does this mean for Huttunen (and Scandola?), do they have to change cars/team?

I am quite sure it's possible to get well prepared i20 either from the Italian teams or KOWAX that Huttunen often drives for, just wondering what will happen.

-------------------

Anyway it kind of again raises the question whether someone else at Hyundai was the source for Veiby and Solberg. (Since Veiby was negative quite a few days after meeting Mikkelsen)
    Last edited by mknight; 26th May 2021 at 12:43.

Liked 12,153 Times in 5,211 Posts
    what the hell is going on at Hyundai camp with the covid

what a disappointment
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

8. Likes: Rallyper (27th May 2021)
    Liked 307 Times in 148 Posts
    Huttunen has his car prepared by Kowax 2BRally anyway.
    Last edited by Tom K; 26th May 2021 at 12:56.

10. Likes: AnttiL (26th May 2021)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    "At the direction of the Portuguese Health Authorities, the whole RedGrey team – which runs Hyundai’s WRC2 concern – is in quarantine until June 4."

What does this mean for Huttunen (and Scandola?), do they have to change cars/team?

I am quite sure it's possible to get well prepared i20 either from the Italian teams or KOWAX that Huttunen often drives for, just wondering what will happen.

-------------------

Anyway it kind of again raises the question whether someone else at Hyundai was the source for Veiby and Solberg. (Since Veiby was negative quite a few days after meeting Mikkelsen)
    It could well be Mikkelsen -> Veiby -> Petter Solberg

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    It could well be Mikkelsen -> Veiby -> Petter Solberg
    Yes, but the Mikkelsen -> Veiby delay seems long. (Compared to Veiby ->Solberg).
    Might be some middle-person or might be that there is no connection between any of the 3.