Page 55 of 66 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Liked 480 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Regarding uncensored speech.

If you want a sport to be popular, you need characters and emotions. If you only have sterilised politically correct interviews, you won't be happy either. You need variety and threatening with penalties for non politically correct speech might as well produce even more closed doors at the stage end.

In all honesty, I liked their reaction and believe it can easily be used in a compilation promoting the sport..
    This is very true. Emotions and drama attracts fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredouye View Post
    pic
    Nice pictures! It seems you enjoyed the rally!

2. Likes: cali (6th June 2021),Jarek Z (6th June 2021),skarderud (6th June 2021)
    Liked 1,587 Times in 720 Posts
    https://twitter.com/GustavKruuda/sta...48589676077059 - if you want to pay Mads "being yourself" fee.

4. Likes: Jarek Z (6th June 2021),skarderud (6th June 2021)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    Is italan pirellipeople new to rally? Anyone that have been around rallies know that this is quite common when things don't work. Like shitröen.
    Some smallheaded people there.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    When Gronholm said he is "fed up with this car", he got called to bosses in France to apologize.

Regarding uncensored speech.

You can't have a lot of access without the downsides and another thing is that nearly everything is politically correct by now. Saying that a 30 or a 40-year-old can't lose control of their emotions and just vent everything out at the spot, is naive. Only way you can avoid seeing it is not having a camera with a microphone right in their face. But when you want to see more, you need to accept the possible downsides. People are different, reactions are different.

If you want a sport to be popular, you need characters and emotions. If you only have sterilised politically correct interviews, you won't be happy either. You need variety and threatening with penalties for non politically correct speech might as well produce even more closed doors at the stage end.

In all honesty, I liked their reaction and believe it can easily be used in a compilation promoting the sport. If they have issues with the broadcast legislation, then they know the solution. Delay. Or don't broadcast.
    1. Just look back 15 even 30 years and look at the "angry" interviews at stage ends. Marcus saying one bad word is the worst you could get. These were directly at stopline as well.
    Saying it's policial correctness when drivers talk much worse than before is simply not correct.

2. Great idea. Stop selling WRC to TV, reduce promotion, reduce viewers , reduce manu interest... then cry about not enough manus.

FFS he got 1000 euro fine... that's it!!!! After swearing trough whole interview, even directly at the tires. Not a single random slip.

This discussion is starting to go to similar levels like the post Tanak at Monte one. " Let's change everything cause one guy made a mistake...'

6. Likes: AnttiL (6th June 2021),cali (6th June 2021)
    Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    First of all, people are different. I'm not you and you are not me, both of us might blow the fuse at a completely different moment resulting in a unique result that is common to ourselves. And Peugeot did have issues with Grönholm's stage end comments.

Secondly. Would you like to place a swear jar in the rally cars and for every swear or offensive word the counter would go 'ching-ching' and at the end of the rally invoices are printed out and forwarded to the crews?

Also, please add 2 Euros to the swear jar for using 'FFS'.

Obscene language isn't something that should be encouraged but how often do you hear a driver swear during an interview? Over reacting is exactly the same thing you've done. If people don't want to hear or see obscene language used, then delay or not broadcasting are literally the two only options to artificially weed the issue out some people have. We can always do it like in circuit racing. Interviews only in the service park and drivers have plenty of time to calm down and compose themselves to behave like good boys who never make a wrong step.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

8. Likes: Jarek Z (6th June 2021),Kaps (7th June 2021)
    Liked 2,088 Times in 902 Posts
    F1 is also under FIA and every other race weekend somebody bursts in the radio ,,what a fk id**ot'' when someone makes a stupid/dangerous move..
    Haven't got any penalties for that..

And why bring up Gronholm ten times.. He said it about his employer and salary payer, ofc he had to explain later..

Now giving a penalty and a suspension brings it up 100 times more (in media) + is spread more than would have without the decision.

10. Likes: steve.mandzij (6th June 2021)
    Liked 3,289 Times in 1,731 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    2. Great idea. Stop selling WRC to TV, reduce promotion, reduce viewers , reduce manu interest... then cry about not enough manus.
    I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. Are you trying to suggest that showing real emotions of sportsmen is going to reduce the number of viewers?! How did you come to this conclusion?
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Obscene language isn't something that should be encouraged but how often do you hear a driver swear during an interview? Over reacting is exactly the same thing you've done. If people don't want to hear or see obscene language used, then delay or not broadcasting are literally the two only options to artificially weed the issue out some people have. We can always do it like in circuit racing. Interviews only in the service park and drivers have plenty of time to calm down and compose themselves to behave like good boys who never make a wrong step.
    That's the point you never hear more than a word or two, out of the past 20 years I can't remember any interview which was like this.

So when it's one that stands out you draw the line. Cause it's just the one driver that once crossed it.

Got a tiny money penalty (you get more for 20 km/h over the speed limit in Norway). And a reminder not to do it again. But hey let's start with end of the world drama like for Tanak....

Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. Are you trying to suggest that showing real emotions of sportsmen is going to reduce the number of viewers?! How did you come to this conclusion?
    Gronholm, M. Martin, P. Solberg, McRae or Meeke had no real emotions? Yet they managed that without anything like this.

Getting kicked from TV broadcasts reduces viewers, no matter the reason.

Also somehow most people watch rally to see cars go fast, not because they love stage end interviews.

13. Likes: AnttiL (6th June 2021)
    Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    But in all honesty, this is a great way to make the drivers answer less questions, and with a lot less words.
    This.

If it was me i wouldn't ever open the door from now on. Fuck them. It they want to make what drivers say interfere with championships that should be decidede by driving it's not worth ever saying anything again.

If it was just a fine i would understand, but never something that could decide a championship. But this is just mad.

15. Likes: Kaps (7th June 2021)
    Liked 13 Times in 6 Posts
    That punishment was way too harsh, 25 points deducted for just expressing your raw emotion...
    Thats so not good for the sport, either is swearing on public tv, but chances were 50/50 that there was a power outage in sardegna anyways and the picture was down lol

Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    If it was me i wouldn't ever open the door from now on. Fuck them. It they want to make what drivers say interfere with championships that should be decidede by driving it's not worth ever saying anything again.

If it was just a fine i would understand, but never something that could decide a championship. But this is just mad.
    It's part of the job. Just like going to press conferences (you get penalties for not showing up there too, last was some 3? years ago). Same is true for example for football players.
    If you don't like it don't do that job.

Quote Originally Posted by henzo View Post
    That punishment was way too harsh, 25 points deducted for just expressing your raw emotion...
    Except he didn't loose any points...

18. Likes: AnttiL (6th June 2021),dimviii (6th June 2021)