Page 61 of 66 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Antti, all stages broadcasted are essentially TV stages by now. Just the "TV stages" have got more channels broadcasting.
    But with different volumes. There's likely more money involved in the TV stages.

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    No penalty for him in the stewards' decisions

http://www.rallyracc.com/2019/en/tablon.html
    I was searching for it here and didn't find it either, weird. Maybe it was some warning?

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Was it not too heavy?

Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    187 grams lighter dashboard at Mads c3
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    lighter front subframe at Rossels c3
    This is actually extremely mild penalties considering some decisions from the past.

- Lykyanuk wheelbase on C3 in Roma
    - Ford 4mm windows in Portugal etc.

Privateers are a whole different world altogether, getting kicked for the slightest thing.

Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    But with different volumes. There's likely more money involved in the TV stages.
    If it's broadcasted on a TV channel, it doesn't matter if it's more channels or not. Watershed rules apply nearly everywhere in the developed world.

Just trying to say that if you enforce some kind of rules, then you need to do it for all the stages by now. Can't be selective and have different approaches for stages depending how you sell them to TV stations.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Explaining the changes he had made, Evans told DirtFish: “We tried some stuff, tried some areas that we were struggling with in Portugal which to be fair, it did [improve] to a point but it hampered other areas more than what we expected.

“We were trying to fight for a bit more support after Portugal. I felt the car was a bit soft and it didn’t really give you any feeling, so we got the support but didn’t get the connection with the road.

“While that often doesn’t cost you so much performance, it really affects your feeling behind the wheel. You just can’t feel the grip basically. That’s the sensation I felt [on Friday] morning.

“You always try to do something because we felt we had a bit of a deficit we needed to find, so on one hand it was worth the gamble but looking back now, hindsight’s a wonderful thing, it probably wasn’t,” he added.

“The idea was great, and normally when you’ve done your set-up for Portugal you don’t normally need to change so much for Sardinia but we didn’t envisage to struggle, especially on Friday morning.

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/the-s...ered-in-italy/

Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    Hmmm Im not paying for WRC+ this years cuz I lost my job so Im only watching that shitty RedBullTV's highlights coverage with lots of bla bla bla instead of showing the actual highlights like in WRC+ highlights...
    However I just realized that RedBullTV is actually using the WRC+ highlights this year!
    Any infos on that? I mean, I like WRC+ highlights better but that doenst sound like a "Gmbh thing".

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/colin...river-ratings/

I'd drop Greensmith a bit from 7/10 to 6 or 5. He indeed didn't do anything wrong, but not anything specifically good either. But last minute codriver change is a problem.

More importantly 8/10 to Neuville is way too much. He finished as last WRC bare Katsuta who had lots of issues. On a rally where Hyundai always does well and Tanak was leading from start posistion just behind him.
    Great power stage doesn't save whole rally. 6/10 at best.

Loubet 2/10 is a bit harsh. The car was breaking down every second stage and with 0 zeros in last two rallies surely he wasn't going to push in the 1-2 stages where it works.

------

Since they brought it up Meeke is like 8 or 7 as a commentator. Constantly long stories about his career and what he likes instead of commenting the rally (it's not supposed to be an interview). Not seeing Østbergs puncture when he drives slowly right in front of the cameras and saying it's turbo issue...

Østberg as a commentator is a level better.
    Last edited by mknight; 7th June 2021 at 18:27.

9. Likes: Eli (7th June 2021),Essaj (7th June 2021)
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    impossible to avoid the stone,just right at his line,and with the speed he had definetely he hadnt had time to react.
    https://twitter.com/OfficialWRC/stat...62162906537984

11. Likes: cali (7th June 2021),EstWRC (7th June 2021),Rallyper (7th June 2021)
    Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    I don't remember the greats like Mikkola, Röhrl, Vatanen, Kankkunen, Salonen, Auriol, Sainz, Loeb etc. showing their "big balls" through excessive swearing in interviews.
    Because live interviews were not common at all, if they ever excisted...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

13. Likes: Sulland (7th June 2021)