Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 155563646566 LastLast
    Liked 101 Times in 36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    Oliver Solberg misses Rally Italia Sardgena

Oliver Solberg will not start next week’s Rally Italia Sardegna.

Oliver’s father Petter Solberg tested positive for coronavirus on Monday (May 24). The FIA’s Appendix S COVID-19 protocol and national government regulations offer clear quarantine instructions for those in close contact.

Oliver has tested negative repeatedly since Monday, but will remain in quarantine in a hotel in Porto for 14 days.

Oliver had been scheduled to make his second Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC appearance of the season at next week’s Olbia-based World Rally Championship round.

Oliver said: “You can imagine, I am more than disappointed by this news. I am a little bit devastated.

“But you know, we have seen in the last year what coronavirus can do. My papa is doing well with a small fever and I’m thinking to him right now.

“It’s really hard to take now, but the time for my next rally in that amazing Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC will come. We have these rules and regulations for a reason and that reason is to try to stop this thing spreading.

“My family accepts completely what the FIA, the rally organisers, the national governments and medical professionals are telling us. The most important thing is that we keep people safe.”
    Sounds like Hyundai offered Solberg's vacant seat to Hayden Paddon at the last minute. Unfortunately due to quarantine requirements the window was just too small to work. Interesting that they still have him in their sights though.

https://talkmotorsport.co.nz/rally/h...y-in-sardenga/
    Last edited by Maui J.; 10th June 2021 at 07:29.

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    in the event review . I see the M sport engineer said the difference between road mode and stage mode is engine calibration and engine map?? how is the things change and how is the foumaux feeling about ??

Liked 11,149 Times in 4,425 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1988senna View Post
    in the event review . I see the M sport engineer said the difference between road mode and stage mode is engine calibration and engine map?? how is the things change and how is the foumaux feeling about ??
    What do you mean by how is Fourmaux feeling about it? Every rallycar has a road mode to safe engine, clutch and transmission life and also fuel. The anti-lag is disangaged, the engine maps are much less sharp, throttle reactions are slow etc. It feels lazy and slow compared to the stage mode, for everyone.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

Credit #TimoAnis - @NikosKatikis

5. Likes: Eli (11th June 2021),pantealex (10th June 2021),satnav (10th June 2021),tommeke_B (10th June 2021)
    Liked 156 Times in 62 Posts
    The Ostberg penalty was 100% the Italian stewards running defense for "their" team, Pirelli. They were already under fire for their crap tires in the F1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix, and now THIS happens. When the event is run by your compatriots, this can be exploited to silence your critics.

Liked 838 Times in 385 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MentalParadox View Post
    The Ostberg penalty was 100% the Italian stewards running defense for "their" team, Pirelli. They were already under fire for their crap tires in the F1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix, and now THIS happens. When the event is run by your compatriots, this can be exploited to silence your critics.
    lol "100%", sure it is.
    You know it's FIA stewards who decide these fines and not rally organizers, right? As if Italian organizers would care in the slightest if a driver swears in English or Norwegian, or if he insults a tyre manufacturer that happens to be Italian. Most Italians into motorsport don't even care about FIAT, go figure if they feel obliged to defend a tyre manufacturer by imposing fines.

8. Likes: AnttiL (11th June 2021),dimviii (11th June 2021),pantealex (11th June 2021)
    Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    What do you mean by how is Fourmaux feeling about it? Every rallycar has a road mode to safe engine, clutch and transmission life and also fuel. The anti-lag is disangaged, the engine maps are much less sharp, throttle reactions are slow etc. It feels lazy and slow compared to the stage mode, for everyone.
    Thanks for your explaining, I almost understand,But maybe My English listening skill is not good,The MS engineer Jamie McMilian said there are two big differences ,
    First is the engine calibration include the second is tillglation?? pressure target and Anti lag
    Second is Engine Maps set.
    But I guess the Engine maps function belong to the engine calibration set right?

Fourmaux said when change to stage mode ,the feel of the engine will get more banks? what does he mean for banks?
    Last edited by 1988senna; 11th June 2021 at 02:21.

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MentalParadox View Post
    The Azerbaijan F1 started some 5 hours after Østberg said it. (He said it on first pass of PS)

Decision on penalty was annouced about half - way trough the F1 race (before the punctures happened)

Liked 1,091 Times in 489 Posts
    Can't understand why people can't get over it. It happened, it's over. Life goes on.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts

[WRC] Rally Italia Sardegna 2021

Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    lol "100%", sure it is.
    You know it's FIA stewards who decide these fines and not rally organizers, right? As if Italian organizers would care in the slightest if a driver swears in English or Norwegian, or if he insults a tyre manufacturer that happens to be Italian. Most Italians into motorsport don't even care about FIAT, go figure if they feel obliged to defend a tyre manufacturer by imposing fines.
    Correct, stewards are typically not all local. The stewards in Sardegna were Timo Rautiainen (Finland), Mathieu Remmerie(Belgium) and Edoardo Delleani (Italy).

13. Likes: cali (11th June 2021),pantealex (11th June 2021)