Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
    Liked 13 Times in 6 Posts
    on Tänak - he may have shown some of the hyundais weaknesses on the last two rallys, or may have had bad luck. BUT, he has managed something that either Loeb, or Neuville didnt manage, make the car fast and driveable, if not for everyone, atleast for himself.
    And in a interview for estonian tv he said that portugal and sardegna were too close together and they didnt have enough time to change anything big in the rear - that implies to me that there is a weakness in the back of the hyundai and they know what to do to fix it. He also said it should be better by kenia.

2. Likes: cali (6th June 2021)
    Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henzo View Post
    on Tänak - he may have shown some of the hyundais weaknesses on the last two rallys, or may have had bad luck. BUT, he has managed something that either Loeb, or Neuville didnt manage, make the car fast and driveable, if not for everyone, atleast for himself.
    And in a interview for estonian tv he said that portugal and sardegna were too close together and they didnt have enough time to change anything big in the rear - that implies to me that there is a weakness in the back of the hyundai and they know what to do to fix it. He also said it should be better by kenia.
    I disagree. Neuville has shown plenty of brilliant speed in that car over the years. His issue is silly mistakes/ coping with the pressure at the business end of the season.

The major question is about how fast and driveable Ott can make the car on tarmac. So far only Neuville has been able to properly find a way

4. Likes: dimviii (6th June 2021)
    Liked 3,295 Times in 1,734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Getting kicked from TV broadcasts reduces viewers, no matter the reason.

Also somehow most people watch rally to see cars go fast, not because they love stage end interviews.
    Thank you for your explanation. I see what you mean, but I have a different opinion. I think that we shouldn't castrate motorsport in such way and make it even more boring than it is now. Have a look at some other sports disciplines:

Have John McEnroe's constant rants at referees reduced the number of tennis viewers? People still watch them, even 30 years later.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmkv5a4gkQw

Has the famous Eric Cantona's kung fu kick reduced the number of football fans?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7PSY7KYThk

Did Zidane's headbutt attack stop football from being the most popular sport discipline in the world? As far as I know it is more popular than ever.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAjWi663kXc

All the above mentioned sportsmen did much worse things than Ostberg and they didn't get kicked from TV broadcasts.
    I think that a fine of 1000E is OK, but suspending 25 points seems to much. Just my opinion.
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

6. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (7th June 2021),pantealex (7th June 2021),Rallyper (7th June 2021)
    Liked 1,091 Times in 489 Posts
    That's the point you never hear more than a word or two, out of the past 20 years I can't remember any interview which was like this.

So when it's one that stands out you draw the line. Cause it's just the one driver that once crossed it.

Got a tiny money penalty (you get more for 20 km/h over the speed limit in Norway). And a reminder not to do it again. But hey let's start with end of the world drama like for Tanak....

Gronholm, M. Martin, P. Solberg, McRae or Meeke had no real emotions? Yet they managed that without anything like this.

Getting kicked from TV broadcasts reduces viewers, no matter the reason.

Also somehow most people watch rally to see cars go fast, not because they love stage end interviews.
    I'm sure there's been interviews like this before in the last ten years. Not going to compare the amount of nice words in them, but the message of the answers.

Getting kicked from TV broadcast? Don't be so hysterical.

And no point in writing anything about Tänak's dramas to me. Don't care about them.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    Thank you for your explanation. I see what you mean, but I have a different opinion. I think that we shouldn't castrate motorsport in such way and make it even more boring than it is now. Have a look at some other sports disciplines:

All the above mentioned sportsmen did much worse things than Ostberg and they didn't get kicked from TV broadcasts.
    I think that a fine of 1000E is OK, but suspending 25 points seems to much. Just my opinion.
    Zidane got red card immediatelly, which is the biggest punishment you can get in footbal as a player and it severly hurts the team.

Østberg got a tiny fine, nothing else as long as he doesn't repeat it this year.

It again illustrates my point perfectly, Zidane got red car cause it was not alright (over the line) and he never did that again afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    I'm sure there's been interviews like this before in the last ten years. Not going to compare the amount of nice words in them, but the message of the answers.
    No they weren't, prove it. WRC controversial interviews get recorded just like any others.

The language is what matters in this case, not the message. Again precisely the point, it's entirely possible to get the message across without using only swearwords.

9. Likes: cali (6th June 2021),dimviii (6th June 2021),seb_sh (7th June 2021)
    Liked 1,123 Times in 601 Posts
    It again illustrates my point perfectly, Zidane got red car cause it was not alright (over the line) and he never did that again afterwards.
    and do you know why zidane never did that again?

Liked 1,091 Times in 489 Posts
    Also, if FIA has issues with abusive language. Then why does F1's official Youtube channel include these kind of moments. They are beeped, but beeping really doesn't change anything in the way a viewer perceives it - https://youtu.be/wBeHD8KFhYE?t=72

And beeped radio communication is also played during the race, so live broadcast element is there as well.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 13 Times in 6 Posts
    But they dont get fined when they swear between the finish and stop control, even though that is sometimes also aired to tv...
    basically just swear before you open your door, if youre lucky someone will hear what you really meant to say, and when you get to the stop control and open the door, act cool and natural and answer politically correctly... smh...

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    I disagree. Neuville has shown plenty of brilliant speed in that car over the years. His issue is silly mistakes/ coping with the pressure at the business end of the season.

The major question is about how fast and driveable Ott can make the car on tarmac. So far only Neuville has been able to properly find a way
    I think Henzo didn't mention Neuville because he has been the only one who has been comfortable in the i20 and he excluded him from that list on this basis

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Re Ostberg case. I thought it was hilarious but also I get why he got the fine. Relax, it was just a little bit overboard this time.

But again... It was hilarious

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cali; 6th June 2021 at 21:31.

15. Likes: AnttiL (7th June 2021),Fast Eddie WRC (7th June 2021),Jarek Z (6th June 2021)