Page 43 of 66 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    Really awkward interview with Adamo there I thought. Poor guy, media loves to jump at him as soon things go wrong because he's known for his temper.
    Although I think Adamo handled it well...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Although I think Adamo handled it well...
    Absolutely. Think Julian Porter was expecting more drama, he seemed surprised of Adamo's calm reaction

Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    A Rally2 car in the top 5 is just embarrassing for the championship, at this stage. I don't think the new Rally1 cars will have been such a great idea after all.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

4. Likes: AndyRAC (5th June 2021),cali (5th June 2021),Eli (5th June 2021)
    No answer to resent post.

We know Huttunen and Ostberg are fast. But what about Marco Bulacia? He´s done very good for a long time and have a stunning development curve.

Now over and out for today. Have to be polite to my wife... It´s Saturday after all...

Liked 1,445 Times in 828 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    4?

Isn't there 6 P1 still running?
    Yes but only 4 of them haven't gone into Super-Rally.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

8. Likes: pantealex (5th June 2021)
    Liked 1,445 Times in 828 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    Really awkward interview with Adamo there I thought. Poor guy, media loves to jump at him as soon things go wrong because he's known for his temper.
    That's sugar-coating it, they need to work on their questions, and honestly if you haven't got anything to ask (which honestly they didn't) and you're trying to get a reaction for the sake of the reaction or drama, just leave that person alone. I saw in his reaction, he was holding himself from saying anything offensive to them, although he did say and I quote:'I'm sure you did better questions in your life' . They need to work on their commentary in-between and during stages but that's off topic and for the WRC+ thread.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

10. Likes: AndyRAC (5th June 2021),Rallyper (6th June 2021),skarderud (5th June 2021),the sniper (5th June 2021),TWRC (6th June 2021)
    Liked 1,587 Times in 720 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    That's sugar-coating it, they need to work on their questions, and honestly if you haven't got anything to ask (which honestly they didn't) and you're trying to get a reaction for the sake of the reaction or drama, just leave that person alone. I saw in his reaction, he was holding himself from saying anything offensive to them, although he did say and I quote:'I'm sure you did better questions in your life' . They need to work on their commentary in-between and during stages but that's off topic and for the WRC+ thread.
    I agree. If there is validation "do you have anything to share?" and if the answer is no, then it's enough to say to the audience that they don't have or don't want to share any information. Making those "we have seen everything like you have seen in All-Live" is a bit waste of time. But it's question of taste, some may like it.

Liked 1,587 Times in 720 Posts
    How it is going with pickems? Anyone had Huttunen-Ostberg-Rossel-Lopez in their top8?

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Was out on stages of a local rally whole day (and saw Henning Solberg who btw. was the first guy to run to help when a Polo R5 rolled). Was only following results and watched just some vids now.

Ogier is just amazing, even without Tanak's retirement he would have ended 2nd on a sweeping rally from first on the road. That's almost VW-like dominance.

Tanak's list of retirements and issues is now so long that it certainly isn't just "bad luck". Whether it is due to how he develops the car, how he sets-up the car or how he drives it is hard to tell. Probably a bit of all. One thing that is clear to see is that both at Toyota and Hyundai he made the car "dive" and transfer weight with roll much more than before and much more than others did. Anyway I don't remember him having many issues in 2017 Fiesta which he also helped develop.
    In either case the statistics are quite large now.. Similarly Neuville has a long list of retirements, but for him it's basically almost always clearly his fault.

Rare mistake from Sordo, can't even remember last time he crashed out that was clearly his fault, probably Spain 2017 and Germany 2017 or something like that.

Disappointment of the rally is Neuville though, was 2nd last year on a rally that usually suits Hyundai and is somewhat nowhere. Reminds a bit of his 2019 performance here.

In addition to these 3, Loubet's Hyundai broke like every second stage?
    ------

Huttunen staying close to Østberg (with penalty) in a private-run I20 in basically his first rally of the year without any testing (afaik) is great. Likely won't be able to hold him off and wouldn't want to risk it, but nevertheless great. Especially compared with the Hyundai "factory" R5s results so far this season.

14. Likes: pantealex (5th June 2021),TWRC (6th June 2021)