Page 37 of 66 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krissucool View Post
    It has to be how he sets the car up. No other explanation I can think of why his cars always have weird reliability issues.

Tänak has managed to retire or lose about the same amount of rallies from the lead as how much he has won.

Think about that in proportion to how much times it has happened to Ogier? Nobody is this Lucky/Unlucky
    Ogier has no luck, it's pure skill and he's helluva clever guy

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

2. Likes: AnttiL (5th June 2021),Francis44 (5th June 2021),KKS (5th June 2021)
    Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KKS View Post
    Yep, seems Ott can't play a long game. 40 sec of lead and trying to push a stage not cleaver for me. He got enough of speed to be fast and safe out of troubles
    how come he was pushing for FFS?

i would agree if he was fastest in splits but he wasnt. Already in the morning after SS10 he said this: "In this one I was already easing up and trying to be in a good rhythm, but as smoothly as possible."

what should have he done then? drove every stage 10 secs slower than Ogier?

There was a stone on the line which he couldnt avoid and i dont get it what this has to do with respecting the materials and other BS.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

4. Likes: HenryEST (5th June 2021),Rallyper (5th June 2021),Tauri_J (5th June 2021)
    Liked 179 Times in 70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    There was a stone on the line which he couldnt avoid and i dont get it what this has to do with respecting the materials and other BS.
    Explaining his retirements by bad luck is making less sense with every rally. Tanak has been having crapton of retirements and technical issues, caused supposedly by bad luck and unreliable machinery, in every team he's been in. Meanwhile Ogier has won 7 championship titles with 3 different cars. It's really hard to imagine this trend wouldn't have anything to do with the driver.

6. Likes: AnttiL (5th June 2021),gorganl2000 (8th June 2021),KKS (5th June 2021),krissucool (5th June 2021),steve.mandzij (5th June 2021),Winner (8th June 2021)
    Liked 1,505 Times in 894 Posts
    how come he was pushing for FFS?

i would agree if he was fastest in splits but he wasnt. Already in the morning after SS10 he said this: "In this one I was already easing up and trying to be in a good rhythm, but as smoothly as possible."

what should have he done then? drove every stage 10 secs slower than Ogier?

Did you see Ott onboards from yesterday? He cutting corners aggressively, this is was kind a push. And it was not relative to stagetimes sometimes. Mads can do the same and lost over a 1min cuz it's WRC2 car.
    If you play smart and guessing that it maybe could be unavoidable stone on a line - u can't drive like in Finland from one edge to other. It's rocky road and you must wait for surprises

so let be clear then

you guys say he could have avoided the stone, do i get it right?

Quote Originally Posted by USER47 View Post
    Meanwhile Ogier has won 7 championship titles with 3 different cars. It's really hard to imagine this trend wouldn't have anything to do with the driver.
    Being slower that Ott...
    Championship it's a long game, rally - it's still long game. And you can control the gap having 40sec in a pocket... Ott push and retire and got 0 for now... Ogier didn't push and wait... 18pts? OK... Tanak retired - and doing nothing got already 25pts. Seems Ott can't play long...

so let be clear then

you guys say he could have avoided the stone, do i get it right?
    avoid - don't know
    get less damage from unavoidable stone - yes

Being slower that Ott...
    Championship it's a long game, rally - it's still long game. And you can control the gap having 40sec in a pocket... Ott push and retire and got 0 for now... Ogier didn't push and wait... 18pts? OK... Tanak retired - and doing nothing got already 25pts. Seems Ott can't play long...
    i just cant...

Ogier won that stage by 4 seconds and said also hit two stones and you say he wasnt pushing?

Tänak was 2 secs slower in first split but you say he was pushing?

double standards?

Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    Did you see Ott onboards from yesterday? He cutting corners aggressively, this is was kind a push. And it was not relative to stagetimes sometimes. Mads can do the same and lost over a 1min cuz it's WRC2 car.
    If you play smart and guessing that it maybe could be unavoidable stone on a line - u can't drive like in Finland from one edge to other. It's rocky road and you must wait for surprises
    Did you see Ogier cutting yesterday? One meter out in the bushes off road in a corner? No one, saying, no one - was near of Ogiers line. So cutting isn´t the issue inthis case. And not many times either. It´s rather a question what´s been left on the road after the car ahead...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

13. Likes: cali (5th June 2021),EstWRC (5th June 2021),HenryEST (5th June 2021),Tauri_J (5th June 2021),TWRC (5th June 2021)
    Liked 179 Times in 70 Posts
    Maybe he's setting up the car too low or stiff, maybe the rock was avoidable, maybe he was going too fast, maybe the car was already a bit battered from before. None of us knows. But the long term trend is clear and while couple rallies could be explained by bad luck, the period of 5+ years, when the same thing is happening over and over, really cannot.

15. Likes: AnttiL (5th June 2021),cali (5th June 2021),gorganl2000 (8th June 2021),Kaps (5th June 2021),krissucool (5th June 2021),steve.mandzij (5th June 2021)