Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    It´s in the interest of everybody, organizers, promoters, sponsors, fans, to watch the drivers do what they are good at: driving fast on stages. Rules could be changed if just take a look from above. And adjust rules so that a driver missing a spare wouldn´t be excluded. (ACM rules differs, if they didn´t, this maybe wasn´t as big problem)

I´ll be silent in that matter now.
    Well that's easy - why wouldnt you (in our case Tänak) take 2 spares with you and problem solved

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cali; 24th January 2021 at 22:17.

2. Likes: pantealex (25th January 2021)
    Liked 311 Times in 168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    It´s in the interest of everybody, organizers, promoters, sponsors, fans, to watch the drivers do what they are good at: driving fast on stages. Rules could be changed if just take a look from above. And adjust rules so that a driver missing a spare wouldn´t be excluded. (ACM rules differs, if they didn´t, this maybe wasn´t as big problem)

I´ll be silent in that matter now.
    So how many spare wheels are you going to need after every stage and what happens to the guy who turns up with a puncture when they've all been used up?
    Maybe we should just go back to mousse filled tyres.

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Boyd View Post
    So how many spare wheels are you going to need after every stage and what happens to the guy who turns up with a puncture when they've all been used up?
    Maybe we should just go back to mousse filled tyres.
    At every stage end drivers can go to spare wheel flea market

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Other brainless penalties seen on this RMC were related to corner cuts on SS4/7; 'extreme' corner cuts are part of the sport and unless there's a clear spectator risk they shouldn't be penalized.
    Far from brainless. It's just a way to remind the competitors that this kind of cutting should not be done, the route should be equal for all drivers.

6. Likes: pantealex (25th January 2021)
    Perhaps a solution to the tyre issue would be a some sort of can of tyre filling mousse that would handle ~100 km of liaison, but would be unusable on a special stage? That way no one would have to retire because they don't have enough wheels on liaison. I don't know if this kind of products exist though.

Good article about the three-wheel rule

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/whats...t-tanak-broke/

9. Likes: cali (25th January 2021)
    Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    Think most modern cars come with a repair kit instead of a spare wheel. Just not sure if they'd work for sidewall damage.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

11. Likes: AnttiL (25th January 2021),cali (25th January 2021)
    Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Who said after every stage? Not me.

Punctures comes randomly. We all know that. Having one spare would make it easier to retire during a leg. Two spares - still you can be out within the leg.

Having done all day to finish of last stage with only having liasion is what I´m talking about. With such rule we would have seen Ott on Sunday as well. Not for the podium but a chance to get PS points. And for the joy for spectators. Not more not less.

Read again my dear fellows.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Perhaps a solution to the tyre issue would be a some sort of can of tyre filling mousse that would handle ~100 km of liaison, but would be unusable on a special stage? That way no one would have to retire because they don't have enough wheels on liaison. I don't know if this kind of products exist though.
    I still fail to see why this needs any sort of "solution". I mean it has worked for years and decades. Why do we need to suddenly start inventing weird and crazy stuff just because Tänak once retired?

This is all bullshit. Retirement because of punctures is retirement just like from any other reason - broken suspension, damaged radiator, whatever. The obsession about keeping the cars in the game at any cost is ridiculous, like if super rally itself was not alien enough to the concept of rallying.
    Last edited by Mirek; 25th January 2021 at 13:17.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

14. Likes: AnttiL (25th January 2021),Essaj (25th January 2021),hsmed (26th January 2021),m-ast (25th January 2021),pantealex (25th January 2021),petttu (25th January 2021),Rally Hokkaido (25th January 2021)
    Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    I still fail to see why this needs any sort of "solution". I mean it has worked for years and decades. Why do we need to suddenly start inventing weird and crazy stuff just because Tänak once retired?
    Worked for years. Yes we have a lot of things in our everyday life working since decades.

This a sport. Every sport wants to attract their fans. Having fever and fever drivers on top level I think we should care about them as much as possible. What happened was obviously something that could have been fixed in order to give fans what they want.

(Don´t come with one/two spares theory again...)
    Last edited by Rallyper; 25th January 2021 at 14:18.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...