Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Skip the Tanak talk. It´s not about him. Spare us a lot of fuzztalk.

I just want to bring up an issue not good for the sport.
    Well, you said that fans are missing something if there's less cars on Sunday, but frequently we hear complaints from restarted drivers saving their tyres throughout Sundays.

2. Likes: cali (25th January 2021),pantealex (25th January 2021)
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Skip the Tanak talk. It´s not about him. Spare us a lot of fuzztalk.
    Yet for 15 years nobody said a word. Nobody complained until Tänak retired. So how isn't it about Tänak? What have you done for those 15 years?
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

4. Likes: AnttiL (25th January 2021),cali (25th January 2021),pantealex (25th January 2021)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Read again. Only after last stage before service, or even maybe only after last stage per day.
    So if you have punctures between stages then still you have to retire? Not very useful isn't it?

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

6. Likes: AnttiL (25th January 2021),Mirek (25th January 2021),pantealex (25th January 2021)
    Liked 7 Times in 2 Posts
    And if there is "free" tires, should there also be some other parts available. I had Latvala in mind, since he had retired 2 times (-18, -19) in rally Mexico with broken alternator. And at least 2019 he had a second spare battery, but those went flat just before the final super special. That case he had one super special stage (twice) to go, but in rally Sardinia 2018 he had to retire on the last liaison of the day for the same reason, alternator failed and the battery went flat. Should there be a spare charger or a battery for Latvala then?
    And what parts should be provided, and why just for the last liaison, shouldn't those liaisons be equal to each other?

Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    @Pertuu Please don´t exaggerate if you didn´t follow. Read again.

This discussion didn´t end well... a lot of concious misunderstanding...and whataboutism.

Oh. I forgot. Should kept my mouth shut long time ago.
    Last edited by Rallyper; 25th January 2021 at 19:48.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Who said after every stage? Not me.

Punctures comes randomly. We all know that. Having one spare would make it easier to retire during a leg. Two spares - still you can be out within the leg.

Having done all day to finish of last stage with only having liasion is what I´m talking about. With such rule we would have seen Ott on Sunday as well. Not for the podium but a chance to get PS points. And for the joy for spectators. Not more not less.

Read again my dear fellows.
    Make all cars have to carry 2 spares.

Also allow wheels/tyres to be swapped between competitors (any crews, not just teammates). 4 tyres on car scanned at/just after stage stopline and if using a tyre not allocated to you when leaving service then you get a time penalty (30 seconds). All tyres scanned on entrance to service area with additional penalties for not having your tyre allocation, i.e. if you borrow a tyre you will need to return it as both crews will be penalised.
    Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak...

10. Likes: T16 (26th January 2021)
    Liked 1,829 Times in 707 Posts
    Interesting that this debate started after a set of very specific circumstances (no super rally at monte and puncture for a driver that took only 1 spare vs most who took 2). To me any sort of solution to this very specific circumstance is ridiculous.
    - flying service? impractical and expensive
    - tyre sharing? probably each team will have a "tyre carrier" car and if you are poor you are disadvantaged
    - skip liaisons -> you are looking for rallycross or hillclimb
    - and my favourite: a generic tyre replacement service specifically after the last stage of the day in case some drivers specifically has a puncture more than spares and specifically isn't allowed to drive the liaison and specifically it's monte penultimate day and you aren't allowed to super rally

the rules are fine, not allowing to drive on 3 wheels at all rallies is fine, sometimes somone will get burnt, it happens way to rarely to justify any kind of expense to "solve" a problem that in my opinion doesn't exist

on the WRC2/3/Teams topic: WRC2 should be all Rally2 cars. Then you can make some subcategory like junior wrc or privateer or whatever within that, but all rally2 score in the main category.

12. Likes: AnttiL (26th January 2021),focus206 (26th January 2021),Lead (26th January 2021),Mirek (26th January 2021),pantealex (26th January 2021),Sulland (26th January 2021),wia5958 (26th January 2021)
    Liked 132 Times in 69 Posts
    memory serves me right the biggest downfall of flying service was the safety aspect example on a national rally u had 100crews starting that meant 100 vehicles chasing the rally trying to get to stage ends before their car arrived having been part of it for many years. It was also dangerous for the mechanics several instances on narrow back roads mechanics were clipped by other passing competitors. As for the tanak exclusion i dont see a problem with it. it was about safety of other road users that is y he has been penalised if u were driving home from work and a guy passed u driving on a bare rim what would u think i see that as a worse reflection on our sport than him not being able to continue He got a puncture used his single spare. Game over. Complain its not good for the sport to lose a top driver over something so simple all u want fact is other top drivers have lost out for less. Loeb for example running out of fuel. Wasnt even his fault. Meeke kicking his windscreen out cause it was in a time control. Latvalas alternator issues. Its part and parcel of the sport. If u cant accept it go follow a different sport

14. Likes: AnttiL (31st July 2021),cali (26th January 2021)
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Flying service is no option in 2021. It's not 80' anymore, there is muuuuch more traffic on the roads and the rallysport can't do anymore whatever it wants on public roads without shooting itself in the foot.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

16. Likes: AnttiL (26th January 2021),cali (26th January 2021),pantealex (26th January 2021)
    Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    Modern rally drivers are already lucky in having the Rally 2 option to continue.

Year's ago if you broke down or crashed you were out of the rally, period.

Re Tanak on Monte - he chose to have one spare and so took the risk of two punctures.

18. Likes: cali (26th January 2021),pantealex (26th January 2021)