Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    It is encouraging for them that they have had a good relatively trouble free 3 days but its just testing and no one will be showing their true pace so it wouldn't surprise me at all if Merc rock up for the opener and lock out the front row.
    I'm more worried about Aston Martin being so far adrift tbh..

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    It is encouraging for them that they have had a good relatively trouble free 3 days but its just testing and no one will be showing their true pace so it wouldn't surprise me at all if Merc rock up for the opener and lock out the front row.
    I'm more worried about Aston Martin being so far adrift tbh..
    I think Mercedes have a bigger problem than they are letting on. That car is twichy. It snaps very easily when pushed hard. They have some work to do to get the chassis as stable as last year's car. It would not be surprising if they are off the pace at the first race.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 15th March 2021 at 00:15.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I think Mercedes have a bigger problem than they are letting on. That car is twichy. It snaps very easily when pushed hard. They have some work to do to get the chassis as stable as last year's car. It would not be surprising if they are off the pace at the first race.
    Can Redbull win at Paul Ricard? If they do, the constructor's championship would be in serious jeopardy for Mercedes.
    William Shakespeare

What is the plan at Redbull to counteract Mercedes' new-found form? The constructor's title is looking shaky but the driver's title is still looking healthy. But can they pull off the win of the decade at the chequered flag of Abu Dhabi?
    William Shakespeare

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    What is the plan at Redbull to counteract Mercedes' new-found form? The constructor's title is looking shaky but the driver's title is still looking healthy. But can they pull off the win of the decade at the chequered flag of Abu Dhabi?
    I don't see how RBR can do anything to counteract Mercedes at this late state. The performance difference is not just a tweak here or there, but it is dominating.

Mercedes have found the magic bullet I believe, take a new ICE, turn the engine up as high as possible, rinse and repeat. A 5 place grid drop is nothing compared to the performance benifit they get above everybody else on the field.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Who knows... Do RB have quite the same scope to do what Merc are doing by turning it up to 12? I'm thinking probably not but only they will know the answer to that.

There is also a possibility that we could see the championship decided by a sudden PU failure if we are correct with our collective thoughts on how they are achieving it.

What a robust challenge Redbull has presented Mercedes this season. Their troublesome second seat has borne dividends in Perez's hands. They lead the driver's championship with 8 points and have recovered what was over 25 points at one point to a mere 5 points. It is without a doubt a tremendous performance we have seen from Redbull this season.

With Bottas a clear weak point for Mercedes, Redbull has the opportunity to reign in the constructor's championship in the next two races. The fastest lap point earned by Verstappen at Qatar could also easily be crucial at the end of the race at Abu Dhabi.

It ain't over until the fat lady sings!!!
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 25th November 2021 at 20:30.
    William Shakespeare

Redbull currently holds the fastest pitstop of the season at 1.88 seconds achieved at the Hungarian GP. That is so quick, it is almost unbelievable.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts

With Bottas a clear weak point for Mercedes,
    Bottas is probably the MVP of Mercedes. Had he not done the "Bottas Bullet" into Verstappen and Perez - Mercedes would have not won the driver or the constructor championship this year.

Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    Bottas is probably the MVP of Mercedes. Had he not done the "Bottas Bullet" into Verstappen and Perez - Mercedes would have not won the driver or the constructor championship this year.
    We could also say if Verstappen had not crashed into Hamilton twice, Hamilton and Mercedes would be well in the lead of the championship race at this point of the season. What ifs do not cut it? What actually is, that is what counts
    William Shakespeare