Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    There are plenty of sites discussing the "rumors". Some are now characterizing the discussions as "sources" are saying.
    This is how fake news is propagated as fact. Rumour suddenly becomes source. Come dude, you are smarter than that. WTF

When Mercedes is being projected to have reduce their headcounts by 10,000 and facing angry investors, it is not going to go over well if they are paying a record salary to a driver. Regardless who it is.
    Reduction in head count is due to the 2022 regulations which separate operational costs from Driver wages. There is no conflict here.

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/76191...-in-money.html

I think Hamilton over values his worth. I think Russell help show that his value is not as high as he thinks - that is why Hamilton came back so quick after covid even though he wasn't fully recovered - he wanted to minimize the loss to his value.

It will be interesting to see who blinks.
    The real issue here is whether the Mercedes F1 team can afford Hamilton. If they can't he would walk without regrets. Hamilton's value is not overvalued, it is what it is. If you want the best, then you have to pay for it. That is why some drive Toyota Prius and others drive Porsches. You pay for what you get. You could argue that Porsches are over valued. That is your personal view. Those that buy Porsches think differently. It is simply a matter of perspective. You are obviously a Prius kind of guy.

Besides, Hamilton would ask for what he thinks he is worth. It is up to him to state his worth.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 19th January 2021 at 09:52.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

2. Likes: truefan72 (8th February 2021)
    Liked 184 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    This is how fake news is propagated as fact. Rumour suddenly becomes source. Come dude, you are smarter than that. WTF
    When media outlets are quoting the CEO of Mercedes it is not fake news. If there was no issues to be negotiated/resolved then the deal would have been completed just like the other 19 drivers on the grid.

Reduction in head count is due to the 2022 regulations which separate operational costs from Driver wages. There is no conflict here.
    When Mercedes is talking headcount, they are talking corporate Mercedes headcount and how it is perceived to investors. Formula 1 is cost center to Mercedes. They need it to be profit center, especially as they face the global economic downturn as a corporation.

The real issue here is whether the Mercedes F1 team can afford Hamilton.
    That is not the issue at all. It has never been an issue of whether Mercedes can afford Hamilton, it only an issue of whether Mercedes want to pay for him. The one curve ball is Mercedes is now an equal partner with two others.

I fully expect them to reach agreement, even if it one of the other owners picking up the cost of Hamilton contract.

If you want the best, then you have to pay for it.
    When Hamilton is not out in front - he gets flustered and makes mistakes. Fortunately for him Mercedes has put him in a car that so far ahead of the rest of the grid he doesn't have to worry about it.

4. Likes: Fortitude (13th February 2021)
    When media outlets are quoting the CEO of Mercedes it is not fake news. If there was no issues to be negotiated/resolved then the deal would have been completed just like the other 19 drivers on the grid.
    I doubt the CEO of Mercedes would be talking to the press about ongoing negotiations. It would be simply irresponsible. So fake news buddy.

That is not the issue at all. It has never been an issue of whether Mercedes can afford Hamilton, it only an issue of whether Mercedes want to pay for him. The one curve ball is Mercedes is now an equal partner with two others.

I fully expect them to reach agreement, even if it one of the other owners picking up the cost of Hamilton contract.
    Well, the fact remain the same. Can they pay to keep Hamilton or not? Either way, l suspect Hamilton would not be bothered. He has done it all.

When Hamilton is not out in front - he gets flustered and makes mistakes. Fortunately for him Mercedes has put him in a car that so far ahead of the rest of the grid he doesn't have to worry about it.
    I think you demonstrate bias here. Because if you have watched Hamilton throughout the Hybrid era, your statemernt is the last thing that would cross your mind about the seven times world champion. If you don't understand motor racing, maybe you should keep to what you know.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 19th January 2021 at 00:57.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 184 Times in 148 Posts
    I doubt the CEO of Mercedes would be talking to the press about ongoing negotiations. It would be simply irresponsible. So fake news buddy.
    Happens all the time in sports. And his statements were made well before negotiations had started.

Well, the fact remain the same. Can they pay to keep Hamilton or not? Either way, l suspect Hamilton would not be bothered. He has done it all.
    LOL, how would you know whether Hamilton is bothered or not?

I think you demonstrate bias here.
    We all have bias here. You have a biased toward Hamilton, I'm not biased towards Hamilton. It called different perspectives.

7. Likes: Fortitude (8th January 2022)
    LOL, how would you know whether Hamilton is bothered or not?
    I think the phrase l used was " I suspect". Meaning l don't know but guess that he might not be bothered.

We all have bias here. You have a biased toward Hamilton, I'm not biased towards Hamilton. It called different perspectives.
    I am reacting to your bias against Hamilton. I find any sort of disparaging of any person of talent very disagreeable. When someone such as yourself come into this motorsport forums to undermine many years of work that has resulted in the cumulation of seven drivers championship titles. I find it a very poor understanding of what it takes to win one title not to speak of seven.

It may be because you have a dislike for the man. Or are jealous of his success or other reasons. Whatever the case, for those of us who have watched intently every season that has resulted in him winning each title and properly understand the rigor that went into getting ahead and staying ahead, would challenge this sort of views.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 19th January 2021 at 09:57.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Merc provided Lewis with a dominant car. If they hadn't provided it or if he had been driving for any other team, he wouldn't have all his 7 WDC's or Merc inflated stock value. Thats just an undeniable fact that you seem to be overlooking.

We are entering probably the biggest global recession since WW2, people are business's, jobs and even starving all over the world.. but what the heck lets ask for a wage increase. Moral bankruptcy and greed at its finest.
    That is one theory. But the flip side is Mercedes may not have won seven constructors title with Hamilton in a Ferrari either. As a matter of fact, Ferrari may have won the constructors and driver title from 2017 todate with Hamilton in their car some may argue.

The Mercedes has not always been the fastest car.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 19th January 2021 at 10:29.
    William Shakespeare

The problem you have is countries have been printing/borrowing money to try an minimize the effects of the deepening recession and to try and keep them from being a "depression". The recession the world is in is still growing. But even after Covid-19 is put behind us (hopefully), there is consequences to all the borrowing - it will mean governments will have to take austerity measures and/or raise taxes - this will hamper economic growth, reinvestment and recovery.

The question for 2021 is how long and deep the recession be? And when economic growth starts how strong will it be? Most analyst seem to be only predicting most 2-3% growth. There will be pressure on companies to cut spending in areas that are not essential.
    The thing is, every country's economy is affected by the pandemic. The top five economies are severely impacted and show borrowing well in excess of GDP. Japan for instance is over 200% their GDP. With Italy 163% and Portugal 163% effectively pulling the eurozone close to the limits of their GDP. My point is, they would all recover in unison to their pre-covid percentages as the pandemic eases.

Bysides, 40 Million in pandemic economy is worth a lot less than in 2018 for instance. Hence, Hamiton may probably be getting what he has always been paid; inflation adjusted.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    As a matter of fact, Ferrari may have won the constructors and driver title from 2017 todate with Hamilton in their car some may argue.
    Really??

That would be perhaps slightly funny if it was a joke. Just don't expect anyone to take you seriously and engage in a debate with you when you come out with stuff like this.

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    That is one theory. But the flip side is Mercedes may not have won seven constructors title with Hamilton in a Ferrari either. As a matter of fact, Ferrari may have won the constructors and driver title from 2017 todate with Hamilton in their car some may argue.

The Mercedes has not always been the fastest car.
    Its funny because you actually believe it. :lol:

Mercedes doesn't need hamilton, they can put in pretty much every decent driver and win both titles.

Hamilton on the other hand has no other options. He can stay at mercedes and accept their terms or retire.

13. Likes: Fortitude (13th February 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    Its funny because you actually believe it. :lol:

Mercedes doesn't need hamilton, they can put in pretty much every decent driver and win both titles.

Hamilton on the other hand has no other options. He can stay at mercedes and accept their terms or retire.
    That may be the case actually. He has been saying he might stop racing. Probably now is the time to do so. He has done it all now, so why not.
    William Shakespeare