Page 15 of 116 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliverk View Post
    He will be in wrc1 anyway. No one cares about good wrc2 result.
    But the cars will be different next year

Liked 258 Times in 103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Who knows. They said Estonia will never have WRC round until Finns are still sober enough to hold their own rally. Now we have 2 rallys in Finland and one in Estonia.

Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Have to start getting used to faster cars anyways.. we have whole season ahead and people saying it's pointless for him to drive the top car

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    That's not really true.
    He loses one of his best chances for good WRC2 result.

What does he gain? I'm not so sure. Does he need more publicity? Not really. Does he need to learn an old model of a car that gets replaced at the end of the year?

I think it's at best a distraction at worst a misstep.
    That's not really true. Oliver was not part of WRC2 on Monte...

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliverk View Post
    He will be in wrc1 anyway. No one cares about good wrc2 result.
    He needs to learn to deliver results somewhere. So far the only championship he has won is Latvia national one. Similarly he only won a single ERC rally and a single Rally2 clasification in WRC event.(Latvia ERC round and Estonian WRC). Posting a few good stage times is nice, but many people can do that, Gryazin and Veiby are nearest examples.

Sure he could learn that in WRC(1) too but:
    - that's very expensive with the current cars
    - it doesn't seem to be the plan now with no future WRC starts announced and R5 car in garage

Note that all of Loeb, Ogier and Rovanpera had won decent international champions before any WRC program. His father (Petter) did not. So that's why they maybe think it's a good idea. Not sure situation from 1999 can easily be compared to 2021 though.

6. Likes: AnttiL (5th February 2021),RS (5th February 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    That's not really true. Oliver was not part of WRC2 on Monte...
    Yes he run out of classification to improve his title chance by saving point collection to events more likely to get good results at... like Arctic.

Anyway I wrote enough on this and it's a bit off topic. Hope this doesn't hurt his career. (the way Huttunens career went after joining Hyundai ).

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    He needs to learn to deliver results somewhere. So far the only championship he has won is Latvia national one. Similarly he only won a single ERC rally and a single Rally2 clasification in WRC event.(Latvia ERC round and Estonian WRC). Posting a few good stage times is nice, but many people can do that, Gryazin and Veiby are nearest examples.

Sure he could learn that in WRC(1) too but:
    - that's very expensive with the current cars
    - it doesn't seem to be the plan now with no future WRC starts announced and R5 car in garage

Note that all of Loeb, Ogier and Rovanpera had won decent international champions before any WRC program. His father (Petter) did not. So that's why they maybe think it's a good idea. Not sure situation from 1999 can easily be compared to 2021 though.
    few stage times?
    you really compare Oliver with Veiby ? lol

9. Likes: cali (6th February 2021),er88 (5th February 2021),EstWRC (5th February 2021),the sniper (5th February 2021),tommeke_B (5th February 2021)
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    You are new in a job, actually your first job you hold.
    You have not really started, just been visiting and getting to know the people working there.

Then you boss calls and tell that there is a change of plans. You are to work in another department with cooler tools and more resources. He just want you to test it out, learn, and have som fun.

What do you answer: No thanks boss. I would not like to do that, I will do as we first planned.
    That sounds like the wrong answer.

You take the chances/gifts you get in your career. They might not come back.

11. Likes: cali (6th February 2021),mknight (5th February 2021),Rallyper (6th February 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    You are new in a job, actually your first job you hold.
    You have not really started, just been visiting and getting to know the people working there.

Then you boss calls and tell that there is a change of plans. You are to work in another department with cooler tools and more resources. He just want you to test it out, learn, and have som fun.

What do you answer: No thanks boss. I would not like to do that, I will do as we first planned.
    That sounds like the wrong answer.

You take the chances/gifts you get in your career. They might not come back.
    I agree.

Feels more and more like Adamo "wanting to do something" after Monte disaster and Solberg(s) kind of don't have an option to say no. Cause at this point it wouldn't fit as in your good example.

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts

[WRC] Arctic Rally 2021

That's not really true.
    He loses one of his best chances for good WRC2 result.

What does he gain? I'm not so sure. Does he need more publicity? Not really. Does he need to learn an old model of a car that gets replaced at the end of the year?

I think it's at best a distraction at worst a misstep.
    why its bothering you so much ?

you seem to think that you know better than team members and staff what to do and what not. really ridiculous posts since the announcement today but good entertainment also in the meantime.
    Last edited by EstWRC; 5th February 2021 at 23:43.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

14. Likes: cali (6th February 2021),er88 (6th February 2021),Rallyper (6th February 2021),TypeR (6th February 2021)