Bertelli in Sweden 2019

https://www.ewrc-results.com/entryin...-2019/2100917/

Bottas in Arctic 2019

https://www.ewrc-results.com/entryin...-2019/2054742/

Surprisingly similar paces compared to the fastest R5’s

2. Likes: pantealex (3rd February 2021)
    Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    I think he's probably been locked away in a padded cell since the day JML got announced as boss of the Finnish village team!
    He liked something about a year or so ago... thought it was his comeback, but nothing since.
    Miss him in a way. Arrogant, but kind of knew what he was talking about.

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    He liked something about a year or so ago... thought it was his comeback, but nothing since.
    Miss him in a way. Arrogant, but kind of knew what he was talking about.
    I know he reads this forum...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    Arrogant, but kind of knew what he was talking about.
    50% of time he was totally wrong, sure the other 50% of time he could be totally right, problem was reactions when he was wrong.

Village team of nobodies right....

Liked 9,356 Times in 4,971 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    sounds like teams should impress on their crews to stay on the road at all costs.
    Pay attention Taka...
    https://youtu.be/m2zeeqUIGCA

7. Likes: pantealex (4th February 2021),Rallyper (4th February 2021),satukata (5th February 2021)
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Hirvonen has seen Rovanperä's working methods up close

In Finnish, Kalle Rovanperä has the expectation of success. Rovanperä, who finished fourth in the Monte Carlo Rally, which opened the season, immediately took a real leap forward from the previous year, when he drove in the classic race for the first time with WRC equipment.

Compared to other top names, the Finn was still a novice mirrored in experience. In Rovaniemi, the parts change, as Rovanperä won the Rovaniemi Finnish Championship rally in a Toyota WRC car a year back. Other peaks have no similar experience.

- Kalle now has a place to strike. Not reloading too much pressure, but anything is possible. The pace is enough to drive the victory, Hirvonen believes.

Ten special stages with a total length of 251 kilometers will be run in the Rovaniemi World Rally Championship. Immediately on Friday, it is the turn of the special test for more than 30 kilometers of Lake Sarriojärvi twice. On Saturday, it is the turn of a three-speed run twice. Sunday culminates in a stretch of Aittajärvi, the latter draw of which is at the same time the culminating Power Stage of the rally.
    Kalle Rovanperä in the Monte Carlo World Rally Championship 2021.
    Kalle Rovanperä opened his season excellently, although a flat tire and time fines ruined the opportunity for an even better placement. Hirvonen drove Rovanperä's front car in the race.2021 Getty Images

When Rovanperä drove in Rovaniemi a year ago, in addition to Lake Sarrio and Aittajärvi, the program nominally included Kaihuavaara and Siikakämä on Saturday. Of course, the snippets are not the same for one tism, but Rovanpera is familiar with the roads - at least compared to other top drivers.

- I think Kalle has a note ready for the World Rally Championship. It has the advantage of being able to drive places through the race pace. The magnitude of that advantage cannot yet be assessed. Others are also professional guys to make a note and they try to dig out all the information they can only get from the route, Hirvonen reminds.

Rovanperä can also make sheet music. Hirvonen, who has been driving Rovanperä's front car in asphalt rallies for the last two years, knows this. In Monte Carlo, for example, front cars drove through the route in the morning before racing. Hirvonen's task was to make last-minute observations on Rovanperä's notes about conditions, among other things.

The chariot driver admires Rovanperä's way of describing the road. There is nothing in vain in the young man's note.

- He wants as little stuff in the note as possible. That's good style. It is important for Kalle that there is only one specific word for each circumstance that best describes it. The word itself doesn't matter, because the most important thing is that we both understand what its purpose is, Hirvonen describes.

- Kalle's style is best described by simplicity: a bend is not described in two words, but in one word - be it "ice" or "little ice". We have slowly developed this. That’s where it starts as vocabulary grows.
    https://yle.fi/urheilu/3-11772169

9. Likes: steve.mandzij (5th February 2021)
    Liked 386 Times in 167 Posts
    Oliver S with Hyundai WRC in Arcrtic.

11. Likes: AnttiL (5th February 2021),pantealex (5th February 2021),Rally Hokkaido (5th February 2021),Rallyper (5th February 2021),satukata (5th February 2021),steve.mandzij (5th February 2021),Sulland (5th February 2021)
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    From Face;

Fantastic news so happy to announce I'll be driving the Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC at Arctic Rally Finland
    !! This really is a dream for me - to be making my debut in a World Rally Car from the World Rally Champions so soon is such an amazing opportunity!

The first thing for me to say is a very big thank you to Hyundai Motorsport
    , Andrea Adamo, Alain Penasse and everybody for putting their trust in me to drive this rally in the WRC car it will be a fantastic experience and I can't wait to get behind the wheel for the first time!

Oliver Solberg

Liked 407 Times in 272 Posts
    So Adamo doesn't hesitate to give opportunity to young gun, let's see what he can make of it. I think it is a little bit too soon but we will see.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wwbroe View Post
    So Adamo doesn't hesitate to give opportunity to young gun, let's see what he can make of it. I think it is a little bit too soon but we will see.
    Or Solberg has just put in enough money

Don't get me wrong, I think he's ready for trying out on the top level, but it's not just the team giving him an opportunity.

Also interesting that he decided to learn these cars which will be obsolete next year
    Last edited by AnttiL; 5th February 2021 at 08:35.

15. Likes: pantealex (5th February 2021)