Page 24 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Also this could affect in how the summer Rally Finland is organized. If everything goes well, it's a message to the authorities that rally fans can respect orders. It could be crucial in case summer Rally Finland would be arranged with limited spectating (like Estonia last year).

Liked 308 Times in 148 Posts
    @AnttiL - how it is in Finland with all other parts of life? I mean - are you able to go to supermarket normally? Are shopping centers opened? Cinemas?

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom K View Post
    @AnttiL - how it is in Finland with all other parts of life? I mean - are you able to go to supermarket normally? Are shopping centers opened? Cinemas?
    It's restricted regionally, but everyday life is pretty normal. Limitations to gathering of 10-20 people max and this has effect on some sports and other hobbies. Supermarket and shopping centers are open normal, as are restaurants (closed at 22.00) and even nightclubs are open (closed at 23.00-24.00, I think). Pretty much all culture institutions are closed (libraries, museums, cinemas).

Rovaniemi region have now 8.25 covid-19 cases per 100 000 inhabitants, so it's pretty much in control and I can understand they like to keep it that way.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

4. Likes: satnav (16th February 2021),Tom K (16th February 2021)
    Liked 308 Times in 148 Posts
    So pretty same in Poland and it causes nonsenses. You can easily go to the shopping center where nobody cares that you are crowded in diary/meat/alkohol section. But you can't go to the forest (to watch rally) where you have many times lower risk to get infected. Not only forest but also museums. I would not expect museums could be crowded as much as shopping centers.

Lapland has low ratio. OK, this is their choice. But anyway Finland is closed to foreigns (travel for tourism purposes forbidden) so they could expect only Finnish people. I would bet nothing bad will happen as it was in Sardinia. I did not hear anything about high pick of infections just after the rally. Officially without spectators but I was there and saw their attitude. All access roads were opened and police was to help and organize traffic.

BTW: Mads Ostberg will be in studio again
    Last edited by Tom K; 16th February 2021 at 11:22.

Liked 1,472 Times in 572 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori View Post
    We see pictures of 50 people, 100 people queing for ski lift or on a ice skating rink - that's OK, but groups 1-5 rally spectators here and there scattered across kilometres long stages is not ok. That's the feeling of injustice we get.
    Altough I agree with what you are generally saying, this sentence is not true. on a WRC rally with only lets say 5 acces roads per stage, you will have much bigger groups together if you allow spectators.

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    Altough I agree with what you are generally saying, this sentence is not true. on a WRC rally with only lets say 5 acces roads per stage, you will have much bigger groups together if you allow spectators.

Yes, for WRC event it'd be like that. I was a bit unclear and was referring to smaller events we have had until now. And also, at those events, a corner with crash potential could be like a magnet for hundreds of people.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori View Post
    It's also the state officials that do the control, not rally organization - in co-operation, but in the end it's the officials.

I agree with Antti that this is to give a message to people who are planning to go even if it's a no public event, and rightly so. All of the winter season rallies in Finland have been no spectators events, some with heavier measures, some less. No stages have been cancelled even if there has been spectators, but it for sure kills the pleasure to be hiding out and knowing you are doing something you're now allowed to. Problem is the feeling of injustice. Rallies, in the forests, easy to social distance, but other outdoors sports can continue because they are no pre-arranged public affairs. We see pictures of 50 people, 100 people queing for ski lift or on a ice skating rink - that's OK, but groups 1-5 rally spectators here and there scattered across kilometres long stages is not ok. That's the feeling of injustice we get.
    +10
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    from italian media:

mikkelsen/floene under diet to lose weight to the minimum limit of 170 kg for drivers. interestingly, he also says it's preferable to stay under the limit and receive a ballast that placed under the car is better than on the seat, for balance and gravity center.

https://www.rallyeslalom.com/mikkels...ctic-in-forma/

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts

11. Likes: wyler (16th February 2021)
    Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wyler View Post
    from italian media:

mikkelsen/floene under diet to lose weight to the minimum limit of 170 kg for drivers. interestingly, he also says it's preferable to stay under the limit and receive a ballast that placed under the car is better than on the seat, for balance and gravity center.

https://www.rallyeslalom.com/mikkels...ctic-in-forma/
    So their weight currently is over 85 kgs each? Does not correspond to reality, to me...

How much ballast will Oliver carry? Or is it just WRC2/3?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...