Page 115 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1159
    Liked 2,088 Times in 902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Rarely? We are discussing if Ford are lack of power on straits in Arctic Rally Finland. Why do you even answer like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliverk View Post
    What the hell are you guys on? Suninen said that Ford lacks aero on fast corners. Thats it. It's not rocket sience.
    and there were too few corners to make time (difference)

Surprised that he is criticizing the car and everything else quite a lot.. rather than being more polite, taking some blame to himself also and sum up that they need to improve all together on fast rallies..

I could understand it, if he had been in top3 for many events and now going to snow rally, suddenly the car has lost all its performance..

Hyundais basically drove the whole event without rear aero details and it didn't really bother anybody.. drivers didn't mention anything about it in the interviews..
    and times were there.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post

I could understand it, if he had been in top3 for many events and now going to snow rally, suddenly the car has lost all its performance..
    It's not a sudden thing. The Fiestas have been rather slow in Finland 2018, very slow in Finland 2019, Estonia 2020 and now Arctic 2021. Also in Rally Estonia 2019 (non-WRC) Evans was mostly 0.4-0.8 s/km slower than the stage winners. Sadly we didn't get to see Evans's pace in Finland 2019 (to compare with Suninen).

In Poland 2017 and 2019 Suninen was making stage wins, and in Finland 2018 he was clearly faster than his teammates.

Hyundais basically drove the whole event without rear aero details and it didn't really bother anybody.. drivers didn't mention anything about it in the interviews..
    and times were there.
    Missing one piece of the aero doesn't mean it's suddenly not working at all. There was even a theory that they deliberately wanted to get rid of those rear side fenders.

3. Likes: cali (3rd March 2021),er88 (3rd March 2021),masa90 (3rd March 2021)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Suninen is not a stable driver,so take with a pint of salt whatever he says.This doesnt mean that fiesta has a top engine of course.
    Imho thats not the problem,or at least its not the major problem.
    i am pretty sure if we could give him 10bhp more and 5kgm torque more,nothing would be changed.
    Same for Evans at Arctic.Same for Greensmith.
    Last edited by dimviii; 3rd March 2021 at 19:06.

5. Likes: cali (3rd March 2021)
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    I'm personally inclining to what JAP wrote - that the main issue may be in the suspension not working properly with heavy downforce load, i.e. with growing speed. From what we have seen so far that seems to be a plausible explanation. Still it's just guessing and we will likely never know for sure.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

7. Likes: AnttiL (3rd March 2021),cali (3rd March 2021)
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Actually Suninen said that dampers won't work like it should in high aero places and he thinks that biggest time differens comes from that area. He said that Ford is very Quick when conditions are worse because car is very easy to handle.

More twisty sections are better for Ford.

9. Likes: AnttiL (3rd March 2021),cali (3rd March 2021)
    Liked 15 Times in 4 Posts
    Designing suspensions that work in both high and low speeds in high aero cars is a common problem that is not easy to solve. Especially in the varying conditions of rallies. On tarmac the typical solutions involve third dampers and springs, but I assume that nothing like that is in use in WRC cars (?). Or active suspension if the rules would allow.

11. Likes: cali (3rd March 2021),Mirek (3rd March 2021)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    I'm personally inclining to what JAP wrote - that the main issue may be in the suspension not working properly with heavy downforce load, i.e. with growing speed. From what we have seen so far that seems to be a plausible explanation. Still it's just guessing and we will likely never know for sure.
    and plenty of possible other reasons.
    Example Evans at Arctic.
    Proven car,proven driver,proven engine,last year snow rally winner,and this year he was lost,without know which was the problem,and failing to fix it through 3 days.
    Go figure now about Suninen.
    just a reminder,Suninen crashed at stage 1 at last rally,and M-sport heads were a bit hard at their speech.

13. Likes: cali (3rd March 2021),Rallyper (4th March 2021)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tume88 View Post
    Actually Suninen said that dampers won't work like it should in high aero places and he thinks that biggest time differens comes from that area. He said that Ford is very Quick when conditions are worse because car is very easy to handle.

More twisty sections are better for Ford.
    Thanks, this sounds more reasonable and logical.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Liked 91 Times in 54 Posts
    Teemu is hard to "judge" because he currently has no real measure in team. He was pretty close to Lappi I think last year.

I believe he is really potential and if possible I think Ford should really see this trough. Has potential to do a "Evans" and "Tänak" kinda resurrection. The guy has serious speed in there.

16. Likes: AnttiL (3rd March 2021),cali (3rd March 2021),Fast Eddie WRC (6th March 2021),Rally Hokkaido (4th March 2021)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JAP View Post
    Designing suspensions that work in both high and low speeds in high aero cars is a common problem that is not easy to solve. Especially in the varying conditions of rallies. On tarmac the typical solutions involve third dampers and springs, but I assume that nothing like that is in use in WRC cars (?). Or active suspension if the rules would allow.
    Thank you for your input on this matter. You sound like you know more details, are you involved in rallying?

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk