Page 111 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1159
    Liked 707 Times in 334 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by masa90 View Post
    That rating of Ford team drivers is a joke. Should be Teemu 6 or 7 and Greensmith 5 or 6 depending on how they rated Teemu.

Both drove clean rally with a slow car. Yet the worse with huge difference in pace is rated 2 spots above. What bs really.
    Seems a bit harsh on Suninen, he made no obvious mistakes and it’s difficult to know the level of the car. Same for Greensmith in honesty, apart from the first stage. How much was their limit and how much was the cars limit?

2. Likes: steve.mandzij (1st March 2021)
    Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts
    meh....

Greensmith 7? what the?

Breen 8? he had 2 good stages, first stage and last stage, on all the others he lost a lot of time and visited snowbanks, yet they give him 8 basically what he did on power stage (they praised him a lot bcs of that on yesterdays verdict video) , since when one stage means more than performance during the whole rally? (yes i get it he hasnt been in the car for a long time but Craig was disappointed with himself too)

for Kalle i would give 7 or 8, he was second and gets the same amount of points as winner? or if he has 9 then Tänak def should be 10
    Last edited by EstWRC; 1st March 2021 at 20:21.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

4. Likes: cali (1st March 2021),dimviii (1st March 2021),steve.mandzij (1st March 2021)
    Liked 839 Times in 406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Not much point to argue about +-1 points, but most I am fine with, except Greensmith.

Tanak can't get 10 when he ended 4th on Power Stage.

Oliver for me is like 9,5 ish too, Suninen (Poland 2017) and before that Ogier's debut are a level above. That said it's hard to do exceptional single stage times when conditions are basically the same whole rally and all stages are 20-30km.

Ogier is ok for me because of what he did on PS.
    Giving the PS extra weight over the rest of the stages is nonsense to me. Sure, it gives additional points, but it's just a bonus feature. It's in practice just another stage and without that Ogier was absolutely nowhere all weekend. No doubt he was hampered by road position but he didn't ever really gel with the car all weekend.

Oliver did great but just as expected, IMO. Kept it on the road and set some quick times but with the odd (again, expected) mistake. A 10 would have been flawless, which it wasn't quite.

It'd have been cool to see WRC2 ratings, too. Esapekka Lappi deserved the biggest 10 of all.

6. Likes: cali (1st March 2021),EstWRC (1st March 2021)
    Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Guys, Dirtfish rating is nothing more than a worthless clickbait.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

8. Likes: cali (1st March 2021),Corcaíoch (1st March 2021),Rallyper (2nd March 2021),steve.mandzij (1st March 2021)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Guys you're expecting too much from Colin Clark. He's irrelevant anyways as the real life shows that it's way off again.

EDIT: Mirek beat me by few minutes

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Guys, Dirtfish rating is nothing more than a worthless clickbait.
    Yes, I would not pay too much attention for that

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Liked 1,368 Times in 711 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Guys you're expecting too much from Colin Clark. He's irrelevant anyways as the real life shows that it's way off again.
    I do not always agree with Colin, but I miss his kitchen table podcast. I think Evans can be too serious sometimes. But they are good together.

The driver rating was also done in Autosport, and they are brits.....

I quite like Dirtfish, and hope they can continue to evolve.

12. Likes: Timmy (2nd March 2021)
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    for Kalle i would give 7 or 8, he was second and gets the same amount of points as winner? or if he has 9 then Tänak def should be 10
    It was Rovanperas best ever result and 2nd ever podium.

Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    Giving the PS extra weight over the rest of the stages is nonsense to me. Sure, it gives additional points, but it's just a bonus feature.
    I can't agree, PS is important due to extra points which can be quite big, ex. Tanak "lost" 3 points which is same as difference between 2nd and 3rd, 5 win points are better than 8th place in a rally. It is also imo in a way harder to do cause you want to go as fast as possible...yet finish and not lose a position. Though yes, it's not the same when you are on superrally like Ogier and have nothing to lose, but then again you have worse starting position.

It'd have been cool to see WRC2 ratings, too. Esapekka Lappi deserved the biggest 10 of all.
    9 for same reason as Tanak, no PS win, also for actually spending time in snowbank when there was no reason to push, that could go either way. Though better "9" than Tanak.

Mikkelsen 7 ish, car was visibly struggling and PS win.
    Gryazin 8 ish, specially after the crash on rally before
    Brynildsen 8-9, he rarely ever drives and came on moments notice
    Veiby 4, it was his 5th snow rally in a row including doing the Arctic 4 weeks ago
    Fourmaux 4-5, more like 5 cause he really has little experience on this and Fiesta is likely not that great (see Grøndal). Best 6th stage time, 2 times in snow bank. Kind of harsh reality check after driving the WRC, announcing Redbull partnership and start in Croatia.

Poor Huttunen, when everything looked so bright again after Monza they fast-track Solberg ahead of him and the car fails immediately and both Loubet and Breen show decent times. He surely is the most unlucky guy ever.
    I didn't follow the other Rally2s.

-------------

The idea of ratings is good for me. Sure it's an "opinion" and not precise measure. Still much better than just articles that take single quotes from press-conference and make them huge news, and without a doubt better than just silence.
    That said there is not much point in taking the ratings too seriously off course.
    Last edited by mknight; 1st March 2021 at 22:13.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    the only good about these ratings is that creates discussion.

15. Likes: cali (1st March 2021)
    Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    the only good about these ratings is that creates discussion.
    I suppose that's the point really, we should just accept it on those terms.