Page 23 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Police to deploy drones to deter fans from Arctic Rally Finland

An increased presence from local law enforcement will help to keep the WRC's second round behind closed doors

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/polic...rally-finland/

2. Likes: AnttiL (15th February 2021)
    Liked 23 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post

An increased presence from local law enforcement will help to keep the WRC's second round behind closed doors

Unbelievable! Scamdemic converting the entire world to a communist state strikes again. So sad.

4. Likes: WRC1 (15th February 2021)
    Liked 480 Times in 162 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bisak View Post
    Unbelievable! Scamdemic converting the entire world to a communist state strikes again. So sad.
    I will guess. You never lived in a communist state so thats why you know "so well" what does it mean :/

6. Likes: cali (15th February 2021),pantealex (15th February 2021),skarderud (19th February 2021),steve.mandzij (15th February 2021)
    Liked 23 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sindroms View Post
    I will guess. You never lived in a communist state so thats why you know "so well" what does it mean :/
    I have and still am unfortunately living in a post-communist country. I think I pretty well understand how it starts and what it causes and I have the full right to use the term.
    A "disease" especially of the kind sooo poplar at this point of time in no way can justify the inhumane "measures" taken across the world.

Let's not get side tracked. This is a racing forum and I just expressed my opinion on the matter.

8. Likes: WRC1 (15th February 2021)
    Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts

These are really stupid measures .... that have nothing to do with the real world ... I have a feeling that politics are fuc#** people in the head....shame.

10. Likes: bisak (15th February 2021),WRC1 (15th February 2021)
    Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    guys. Can the rule allow the driver use the night vision device in the night racing?

Liked 713 Times in 337 Posts

Seems a bit over the top, presumably they were/are expecting a lot of people to try and get out to watch.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doubled1978 View Post
    Seems a bit over the top, presumably they were/are expecting a lot of people to try and get out to watch.
    It's just a way to warn the people. Even with these precautions, I've heard people planning to get themselves to the stages. If they just said "please don't come to spectate, but we cannot do anything if you come", there would be thousands.

14. Likes: cali (16th February 2021),Mirek (16th February 2021),pantealex (16th February 2021),Rallyper (16th February 2021)
    Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ucci View Post
    These are really stupid measures .... that have nothing to do with the real world ... I have a feeling that politics are fuc#** people in the head....shame.
    When I was in Ypres several times the no-go zones were forced by police helicopter hoowering over the fans hiding in the fields (me included once). I fail to see how is that any different? Simply if there is a requirement to run the rally with no spectators (from the state officials for example) it has to be somehow forced into effect, otherwise the organizer may have serious troubles.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

16. Likes: AnttiL (16th February 2021),DonJippo (16th February 2021),dupanton (16th February 2021),pantealex (16th February 2021),Rallyper (16th February 2021)
    Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    When I was in Ypres several times the no-go zones were forced by police helicopter hoowering over the fans hiding in the fields (me included once). I fail to see how is that any different? Simply if there is a requirement to run the rally with no spectators (from the state officials for example) it has to be somehow forced into effect, otherwise the organizer may have serious troubles.
    It's also the state officials that do the control, not rally organization - in co-operation, but in the end it's the officials.

I agree with Antti that this is to give a message to people who are planning to go even if it's a no public event, and rightly so. All of the winter season rallies in Finland have been no spectators events, some with heavier measures, some less. No stages have been cancelled even if there has been spectators, but it for sure kills the pleasure to be hiding out and knowing you are doing something you're now allowed to. Problem is the feeling of injustice. Rallies, in the forests, easy to social distance, but other outdoors sports can continue because they are no pre-arranged public affairs. We see pictures of 50 people, 100 people queing for ski lift or on a ice skating rink - that's OK, but groups 1-5 rally spectators here and there scattered across kilometres long stages is not ok. That's the feeling of injustice we get.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

18. Likes: pantealex (16th February 2021),Rallyper (16th February 2021),Tom K (16th February 2021)