Page 105 of 116 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1159
    Liked 41 Times in 18 Posts
    Besides Nordic countries, snow rally could be easily organized either on Hokkaido or Canada. Maybe to have 2-3 snow rallies in season.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    The one thing missing here was a bit more variety in stages, the first stage on saturday had slightly different character, but rest were kind of all very similar.
    In Sweden around Torsby you had the more narrower and twisty stages on Friday with often more snow, then the more jumpy and wide ones in Sweden and in between superspecial with diferent characters.

Dunno how easy it is to get a different character in the area and for sure they didn't do super specials with COVID this year.

Liked 1,587 Times in 720 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    The one thing missing here was a bit more variety in stages, the first stage on saturday had slightly different character, but rest were kind of all very similar.
    In Sweden around Torsby you had the more narrower and twisty stages on Friday with often more snow, then the more jumpy and wide ones in Sweden and in between superspecial with diferent characters.

Dunno how easy it is to get a different character in the area and for sure they didn't do super specials with COVID this year.
    Based on driver's comments I'm not agree with that. From TV it all seems "fast and white", but there were definitely really narrow parts and really wide and fast parts.

Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    It was a good event but with the prices to go there for a lot of us that normally go to Sweden and the cold normally I'm not sure they could run it without a lot of sponsor money up there. I can rent a car in Spain for a whole week of the cost of one day in Rovaniemi...
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

5. Likes: cali (28th February 2021),Mirek (28th February 2021)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

Liked 1,587 Times in 720 Posts
    Few random takeaways from Tänak's interview to Estonian media (https://sport.delfi.ee/news/auto/wrc...?id=92701539):
    * after winter rally in Estonia Tänak told to manegemtn/engineers that they don't have car to fight for the win in Lapland
    * pushed a lot of engineers for 2 weeks
    * in PowerStage he didn't have enough confidence and will to take extra risks to find extra 2 seconds for fighting for powerstage win

8. Likes: AnttiL (28th February 2021),dimviii (28th February 2021),EstWRC (28th February 2021),the sniper (28th February 2021),TWRC (28th February 2021)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post

I would disagree about Sweden. There's not a distinct character of the Friday stages (often in Norway) and the ones on Saturday. If something, the Norway stages are faster and the Hagfors area stages more technical. Especially Vargåsen is a stage which probably looks super fast on TV, but all the beginning of the stage is just super narrow and twisty stuff. But usually there's a bit of everything everywhere, and all stages combine different road types. Torsby is a good example, it's first super twisty, then super fast and then again twisty like a super special.

As for Arctic Rally Finland, I recommend watching through an onboard of each stage. They all have super fast sections, and they all have technical sections, in different mixes (like power stage had very little slow sections, and SS3+6 had quite little fast stuff). They rarely have something that's in between. The first stage was probably the most varied with many different characters. This is the character of the area and you cannot change it. Long straights, high speeds, narrow roads, going over hills instead of having big jumps.

I would like ARF to remain in the WRC, but I just don't see two rounds in Finland happening persistently, I don't see the events alternating with each other, and for sure I don't see Jyväskylä Rally Finland being dropped off for good.

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    I liked the night stages here also thanks to their character with those low crests which are high enough to block the lights but not high enough to block driver's visibility in the day. It makes them like different stages when watched in the night.

Watching the complete RC2 results with 36 finishers I can see that the whole top 10 was totally dominated by Nordic drivers (4 Finns, 3 Norwegians, 1 Russian, 1 Estonian, 1 Swede). The first one from lower-located countries is Prokop on 11th place but than up to place 15 there are another 3 Finns and 1 Estonian. 16th is 58 years old and now very rarely competing Michal Solowow. Hats off to the old man
    Last edited by Mirek; 28th February 2021 at 14:27.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

11. Likes: AnttiL (28th February 2021),Rally Hokkaido (1st March 2021),the sniper (28th February 2021),TWRC (28th February 2021)
    Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I would disagree about Sweden. There's not a distinct character of the Friday stages (often in Norway) and the ones on Saturday. If something, the Norway stages are faster and the Hagfors area stages more technical. Especially Vargåsen is a stage which probably looks super fast on TV, but all the beginning of the stage is just super narrow and twisty stuff. But usually there's a bit of everything everywhere, and all stages combine different road types. Torsby is a good example, it's first super twisty, then super fast and then again twisty like a super special.

As for Arctic Rally Finland, I recommend watching through an onboard of each stage. They all have super fast sections, and they all have technical sections, in different mixes (like power stage had very little slow sections, and SS3+6 had quite little fast stuff). They rarely have something that's in between. The first stage was probably the most varied with many different characters. This is the character of the area and you cannot change it. Long straights, high speeds, narrow roads, going over hills instead of having big jumps.

I would like ARF to remain in the WRC, but I just don't see two rounds in Finland happening persistently, I don't see the events alternating with each other, and for sure I don't see Jyväskylä Rally Finland being dropped off for good.
    Wasn´t you showing (from other) stages around Östersund area? Analyzis from those stages, which are classics, should get a different view of Rally Sweden...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    Sweden will move north, so all of the old stages will be history.
    I think they will have to move out of Värmland and to Dalarna I guess, maybe Sälen and Trysil, if Norway is to have a role still.

14. Likes: Rallyper (28th February 2021)