Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,205 Times in 879 Posts
    https://www.britishrallychampionship...onship-opener/

New starting round for the BRC piggybacking on a new date for Neil Howard Stages at Oulton Park.

Comes after the May 17th (Step 3) - it's just a bit subjective in terms of whether you could get limited fans into a race circuit without set social distancing in place. In the largest outdoor seated venues they will allow up to 10k spectators - so it remains to be seen. If it comes down to Motorsport UK to lobby - I don't hold out much hope.

Zero reference to fans in that BRC release. How do others interpret the chances?
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 534 Times in 292 Posts
    MSVR/Oulton Park website still showing the NH Stages as being in November!

Liked 7,090 Times in 3,757 Posts
    @Simmi we're already discussing this in the BRC 2021 Thread.

Liked 1,188 Times in 507 Posts
    Are the Elite/non-Elite sporting event rules still in place this year? Last year I went to British GT at Donington Park as it wasn't at that point considered Elite, whereas BSB and BTCC were. I think it's fair to assume this rally wouldn't be considered Elite, in which case under those rules spectators would have been allowed, unless its status is being fudged by MSUK to allow the event to happen.

No motorsport on Forestry England land until 30th September... https://www.motorsportuk.org/forestr...to-motorsport/ With friends like these, who needs enemies.

The BRC calendar will be changing again as Trackrod Rally Yorkshire was due to be 24/25th September, with Mull 8/9th October.

6. Likes: AndyRAC (26th March 2021)
    Liked 82 Times in 41 Posts
    There goes my planned day up the road watching the Woodpecker...

8. Likes: AndyRAC (26th March 2021),the sniper (26th March 2021)
    Liked 74 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HKSjbg View Post
    There goes my planned day up the road watching the Woodpecker...
    Mine too - unless they can get access to Sarnau and combine those stages with Radnor? Wouldn't be completely out of the area but might clash if the Plains was planning to use those stages.

10. Likes: AndyRAC (26th March 2021),the sniper (26th March 2021)
    Liked 7,090 Times in 3,757 Posts
    Maybe the BRC saw this coming hence the sudden event added at Oulton Park...

Liked 745 Times in 420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    No motorsport on Forestry England land until 30th September... https://www.motorsportuk.org/forestr...to-motorsport/ With friends like these, who needs enemies.

The BRC calendar will be changing again as Trackrod Rally Yorkshire was due to be 24/25th September, with Mull 8/9th October.
    One has to say, that's a kick in the balls - I fully expected summer - so June onwards; end of September is pretty poor. But, we've allowed ourselves to be pushed around for too long, so we can't have too many complaints. If we were a thriving healthy sport - I think they'd want us in sooner.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

13. Likes: the sniper (26th March 2021)
    Some posts from Facebook, Matt Edwards and Richard Millener.

In light of todays announcement regarding the delay of motorsport returning to the English Forests, I would like to try and open a dialogue between stakeholders in events affected by the decision and Forestry England ourselves, to better understand the situation they are in and to present accounts of how this affects us (as stakeholders be it competitors, organisers, motorsport business owners, marshalls, suppliers etc).

Once contact has been established id like to diplomatically present these accounts to help portray the real life effects of this delay, as i feel the latest announcement bears little understanding of the knock on effects.

If anyone who has or will be affected by this; over and above the obvious frustration at not being able to carry on the sport we are so passionate about, then please feel free to email me at merallysport9(at)btinternet(dot)com with 'your story' and I will collate them.

Im by no means trying to take over from those who work hard with forestry relations in the UK, but id like to at least do my bit to make our voices heard in a constructive manor.

I realise we were given the opportunity to email them directly about the use of the forest some time ago but that response doesn't really seem to have hit home.

I may be wasting my time but i am really tired of the constant bad news.
    https://www.facebook.com/matt.edward...58106919275770

Richard Millener:

So Motorsport UK send me a mail to take advantage of their discounted COVID licence renewal before the offer ends - so I think, I'll support that....
    Then, as the offer ends they release a story that there is no UK rallying in the forests until at least the end of September.
    Disappointing doesn't really cover it. I only hope they are pushing to change this decision a lot harder than their press release would make me think.
    There is room in the forests for everyone.
    https://www.facebook.com/rich.millen...58584922081973

Also from the comments:

Matt Edwards
    See my FB post...something.from your desk would be an asset. Waiting for anyone else to do anything on our behalf now is a risk. We need to make stuff happen ourselves.
    Reply 1 h
    Rich Millener
    Matt Edwards I wrote a long and detailed response to the forest survey.... didn't even get a response. Happy to help try and lobby this one.
    Glad to see we're not the only ones running out of patience with the powers that be.
    Last edited by the sniper; 26th March 2021 at 22:31.

15. Likes: AndyRAC (27th March 2021)