Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Liked 550 Times in 301 Posts
    Thank f... I went to Oulton. Really an LCD approach from the MOD there as unless the was a massive exercise planned already it just smacks of they cant be arsed. Theyve had 18 months of lockdown when they could have played soldiers with no one around.

If June 21 happens then there are going to be mass gatherings for football, festivals etc so how a few thousand rally fans spread out over the countryside isnt seen as feasible beggars belief

Liked 763 Times in 427 Posts
    I recall plenty of events on Epynt when there have been some kind of exercises; I can remember a Tarmac event and you could see a large group walking down Route 60.......

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Theyve gone with the default which is to ban spectators which makes life easy for them and their insurers. Having said that the current obssession with having spectator points doesnt help as the percrption is that everyone will be lumped together.

Decision has been made which is poor but lets move on and hope that the FC are more amenable later in the year.

4. Likes: the sniper (9th June 2021)
    All we can hope is that there arent any massive holdups due to incidents where spectators could have helped.

As for the live streaming the SS crew are great but not that big a team so not sure how much instage coverage there will be on the day.

Liked 763 Times in 427 Posts
    I'm also a cycling fan, and whilst on the Pinkbike website, one of the stories is the Red Bull Hardline which takes place in the Dyfi Forest area, will go ahead, but is to be non spectator. One gets the feeling the Welsh authorities are just about happy to allow sporting events, but spectators are an absolute 'no no'.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/red-bu...e-in-2021.html

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 7,141 Times in 3,775 Posts

Going back to Oulton Park, Rhys Yates on the AR pod was gutted at losing the event by just a second - especially when the stage times werent taken to tenths of second.

He also knew fron this brother's times and confession that some drivers were able to take 3rd gear chicanes flat out in top as the barrels had been moved and not put back.

Not really good enough for BRC level was it ...

Liked 2,213 Times in 883 Posts
    What is BRC level in 2021? Genuine question. When you're piggybacking on pre-existing events and championships you get what you get. I think everyone - fans and competitors - should be grateful to have got the event run. It's also given the BRC early runs on the board in case of further cancellations.

No chance marshals could be going on track and putting chicanes back together mid stage with the amount of cars running back to back.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

As the AR podcast host Tony Simpson said, single venue and especially such circuit-based rallies, are like a different sport to traditional stage rally events.

I can see there was a desire to get any 2021 rally event underway, but I doubt any of the elite BRC drivers were happy about how it was run in practice.

Maybe it couldve had the top BRC guys running with proper timing and not on the stage simultaneously with other cars ?

Liked 122 Times in 65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Maybe it couldve had the top BRC guys running with proper timing and not on the stage simultaneously with other cars ?
    Only by reducing the number of stages, or having the event for BRC runners only. Bear in mind that many of the non-BRC runners had already paid their entry for the event last year before it was postponed to this year and the BRC jumped onto the back of it.