Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Haas Fiasco

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts

The Haas Fiasco

I once thought really highly of this team and Steiner too.
    But over the last 3 years, they have turned into a complete clown show and embarrassment

lets not forget, now that everyone was bashing Racing poin t for being a mercedes clone, that Hass showed up in F1 as a ferrari clone, and I didn't see nearly the same amount of vitriol, or for that matter, FIA sanctions (disguised as some inconsequential brake duct infraction...which was given prior approval).
    Then, when called upon to truly build their own car, they have had no capability for 2 seasons to rectify their chasis isssues and correct their missteps.
    Then came the whole Rich energy saga. Which if they just did their due diligence could have been avoided. Another team rejected their sponsorship and pretty quickly after the start of the season with no payments, should have bit the bullet and taken the sponsorship off the car. The fact that Steiner let the thing fester that way was disgusting.
    And finaly the Mazepin situation: https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/3...driver-mazepin
    They decided to retain his services.
    I don't care how much money the guy has. He absolutely shouldn't be an F1 driver, on merit or character.
    what he displayed in Bahrein alone should have bene enough to eject him from any kind of contention for an F1 seat.
    The guy is a danger to other drivers and has zero sportsmanship.
    It is pretty pathetic all the way around and the last straw for me with this team.

To be honest, it is also somewhat of a failure and embarrassment for F1.
    They have allowed this pay driver situation to get out of hand. And between, stroll, latifi, and mazepin have peversed the notion of what it is to be an actual F1 driver.
    The failure to have 24-26 cars on the grid, is on them. They should have found a way to promote Campos, Arden and or Trident to F1, given all the work they have done in F2 & F3. With a proper discount on the entry fee.
    The failure to ensure that the best drivers are on the grid is on them too. The series now consists of genuinely great drivers, and a slew of billionaires kids and paid drivers (supporting half the team) which is just pathetic.

Haas, embodies everything that is wrong with F1 and the continued employment of Mazepin fits right in line with their complete mismanagement of the entire team.
    The best thing Gene Haas should do, is sell the team and exit stage left.
    Last edited by truefan72; 26th December 2020 at 17:37.
    you can't argue with results.

2. Likes: Fortitude (7th January 2022),N. Jones (2nd March 2021)
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    I once thought really highly of this team and Steiner too.
    But over the last 3 years, they have turned into a complete clown show and embarrassment

lets not forget, now that everyone was bashing Racing poin t for being a mercedes clone, that Hass showed up in F1 as a ferrari clone, and I didn't see nearly the same amount of vitriol, or for that matter, FIA sanctions (disguised as some inconsequential brake duct infraction...which was given prior approval).
    Then, when called upon to truly build their own car, they have had no capability for 2 seasons to rectify their chasis isssues and correct their missteps.
    Then came the whole Rich energy saga. Which if they just did their due diligence could have been avoided. Another team rejected their sponsorship and pretty quickly after the start of the season with no payments, should have bit the bullet and taken the sponsorship off the car. The fact that Steiner let the thing fester that way was disgusting.
    And finaly the Mazepin situation: https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/3...driver-mazepin
    I don't care how much money the guy has. He absolutely shouldn't be an F1 driver, on merit or character.
    what he displayed in Bahrein alone should have bene enough to eject him from any kind of contention for an F1 seat.
    It is pretty pathetic all the way around and the last straw for me with this team.

To be honest, it is also somewhat of a failure and embarrassment for F1.
    They have allowed this pay driver situation to get out of hand. And between, stroll, latifi, and mazepin have peversed the notion of what it is to be an actual F1 driver.
    The failure to have 24-26 cars on the grid, is on them. They should have found a way to promote Campos, Arden and or Trident to F1, given all the work they have done in F2 & F3. With a proper discount on the entry fee.
    The failure to ensure that the best drivers are on the grid is on them too. The series now consists of genuinely great drivers, and a slew of billionaires kids and paid drivers (supporting half the team) which is just pathetic.

Haas, embodies everything that is wrong with F1 and the continued employment of Mazepin fits right in line with their complete mismanagement of the entire team.
    I had a strong feeling that Haas would attract some strong feelings with their employ of Mazapin. Haas has steadily slipped backwards to the rear of the grid where they should have started in the first place. Mazapin in their car shall certainly make them the most disliked team of 2021. I don't mind moneybag drivers per se. As long as they have talent like Perez or can win races.

Mazapin is just a crap driver with a mannerism of a pig. There should be no place for this sort of drivers in F1. But clearly, Haas need the money desperately.

Being the only American team in F1. I would hate to see them go. Hence, l am hoping they can get their act togerther and head back up the grid to where they started.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 27th December 2020 at 07:48.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

4. Likes: Fortitude (7th January 2022),N. Jones (26th December 2020),truefan72 (30th December 2020)
    Liked 178 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I had a strong feeling that Haas would attract some strong feelings with their employ of Mazapin. Haas has steadily slipped backwards to the rear of the grid where they should have started in the first place. Mazapin in their car shall certainly make them the most disliked team of 2021. I don't mind moneybag drivers per se. As long as they have talent like Perez or can win races.

Mazapin is just a crap driver with a mannerism of pig. There should be no place for this sort of drivers in F1. But clearly, Haas need the money desperately.

Being the only American team in F1. I would hate to see them go. Hence, l am hoping they can get their act togerther and head back up the grid to where they started.
    i am betting that the team is already sold, all documents signed, to Mazepin's father - and they just need to go through the season to changer their name, after which Haas name and management will be gone.

6. Likes: N. Jones (2nd March 2021)
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djip View Post
    i am betting that the team is already sold, all documents signed, to Mazepin's father - and they just need to go through the season to changer their name, after which Haas name and management will be gone.
    That is my take also. This is just precursor to Haas exiting F1 and for Gene Haas to recoup some of his investment.

8. Likes: N. Jones (2nd March 2021)
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    F1 is becoming Billionaire's playground. Well, this is the side effect of the new regulations. It is now affordable for Billionaires to buy a team for their kids. The first signs of the dwindling of the F1 credibility. Well done FOM! Best we call it GP1, as it is gradually beginning to not look like a serious sport anymore. But of rich kids with little talent driving around race tracks around the world in GP1 cars. Who wants to see that.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 27th December 2020 at 08:15.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

10. Likes: truefan72 (30th December 2020)
    Liked 667 Times in 465 Posts
    At least they started strong, but at some point F1 is simply too expensive unless you are getting the return on advertising. And I'm afraid that here in the US there just isn't enough interest in the sport. I also suspect they have already bailed, but at least they brought the US back into the sport and made a mark.

12. Likes: Fortitude (7th January 2022)
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Yeah, that is probably the most likely case.
    "mistakes were made" with that team
    you can't argue with results.

14. Likes: Fortitude (7th January 2022),N. Jones (2nd March 2021)
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post

Couldn't have said it any better.

I won't say anything about Mazepin's father... cause I don't want to get jabbed with a poison tipped cane when I go for a walk tomorrow.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

16. Likes: Fortitude (7th January 2022),N. Jones (2nd March 2021),pantealex (9th January 2021)
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Speaking of fiasco - Rich Energy, the imaginary Energy Drink maker say they coming back to F1

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/76367...formula-1.html

18. Likes: Fortitude (7th January 2022)
    Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    Speaking of fiasco - Rich Energy, the imaginary Energy Drink maker say they coming back to F1

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/76367...formula-1.html
    hahaha - I like this line in the article: ' It is not yet known which team is involved and if this team knows it itself.'

20. Likes: Fortitude (7th January 2022),pantealex (12th January 2021)