Threaded View

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    Red Bull didn't have the car or reliability this year to challenge Mercedes. Why would it be any different next year?

If for some miracle that Red Bull is now comparable to Mercedes, I agree totally. It could be very interesting season.

If they don't, it will still be interesting for Red Bull as we see the Max vs. Cheko drama play out. Cheko has a mean streak in him. He is not going play support driver to max (which is what RB was having Albon do).

Personally, I think Albon did fine this season for it being his second year and being thrown among the sharks. I believe he will be on the grid again. If I was going to throw a red bull driver off the grid it would be Gasly.
    Yes, Redbull underperformed this year. The chassis was not quite where it should have been for most of the season and the engine could not match the Mercedes engine for most of the tracks. But they were also operationally not at their best. Hence, they missed lots of opportunities to exploit those occassions when Mercedes or its drivers were underperforming.

You don't need the outright fastest car to win the championship. If you don't have a fast car then you must be highly efficient to ensure you take any low hanging fruit that comes your way. 2018 and 2019 seasons where Mercedes were slower than the Ferrari are good examples.

But after thinking some more about your post. You have a point also. Redbull has failed to show they can run two strong cars. Perez is going into the weaker side of the Redbull garage. That side has yet to setup the car to the satisfaction of their drivers. So it might be a frustrating experience for Perez on that side of the garage. Hence, Redbull might not actually achieve the goal of having two strong cars on the grid.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 21st December 2020 at 12:36.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

2. Likes: Fortitude (7th January 2022),Mia 01 (21st December 2020),truefan72 (22nd December 2020)