Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrc 2/3 2021

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Maybe there´s a separate document for Veiby...

You mean this?

2. Likes: Rallyper (24th May 2021)
    Liked 11,153 Times in 4,428 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Well, but his statement could be understood he also took a drive alone to Spain...
    That is irrelevant. He was not allowed to leave the country unless given a permit for which he didn't even ask.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

4. Likes: AnttiL (24th May 2021),cali (25th May 2021),pantealex (24th May 2021)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    I don't know what he asked or did not ask apart of the official info.
    Do you have anything that proves he is not speaking truth when he says he talked on the phone with someone from organizer COVID team who told them they could drive home to Spain?
    (FIA decision doesn't actually contradict this)

I don't know about Portugal and Spain but I do see that in most countries these kinds of rules change almost every week and are close to impossible to follow. So I find that part a bit problematic.

The whole decision does look a lot like "pre-emptive" message to all others in WRC (hundreds?) cause FIA got scared about what possibly "could have been". Arguably it was a close call, say if he infected some of the TV crews on Thursday half of the field could get knocked out before Sardinia. That would totally not look good for FIA/promoter.

6. Likes: AnttiL (24th May 2021)
    Liked 11,153 Times in 4,428 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    I don't know what he asked or did not ask apart of the official info.
    Do you have anything that proves he is not speaking truth when he says he talked on the phone with someone from organizer COVID team who told them they could drive home to Spain?
    (FIA decision doesn't actually contradict this)

I don't know about Portugal and Spain but I do see that in most countries these kinds of rules change almost every week and are close to impossible to follow. So I find that part a bit problematic.
    The stewards decision clearly states that he breached basically everything he could and considering his record of not respecting rules (his Škoda fuck-up namely) I really don't see why not to believe the official steward's decision.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

8. Likes: AnttiL (24th May 2021),pantealex (24th May 2021)
    As I have written and you have missed or ignored. The decision does not contradict what he says about talking to a member of the organizers COVID team.

Could have been that the organizer told them they can go but have to ask for permission and they didn't ask, could be that he didn't tell them cause he didn't know or thought they know that or could be they didn't talk with any official at all.

Anyway thanks for clarification that your comments is based on "I read the official decision and don't thrust Veiby".

10. Likes: Rallyper (24th May 2021)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    I see Mr Korsia as biggest criminal but everybody here only cares about Veiby.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

12. Likes: AnttiL (24th May 2021),cali (25th May 2021)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    I see Mr Korsia as biggest criminal but everybody here only cares about Veiby.
    True, but Veiby has the biggest impact on WRC2

14. Likes: pantealex (25th May 2021)
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    The stewards decision clearly states that he breached basically everything he could and considering his record of not respecting rules (his Škoda fuck-up namely) I really don't see why not to believe the official steward's decision.
    What was that Skoda fuck up again?

He took a picture during a Skoda internal business presentation where it explicitly said that it's not allowed to take pictures and posted it on social media (Instagram I think?)

On the picture you could see a not yet revealed Skoda model (Scala) and more importantly financial/growth goals for next few years. The second part is actually much more important as it has direct impact on the stock market. Someone could make or loose a lot of money based on that. In this particular case I think the growth was less than generally expected. (EDIT: There are no numbers on the scale, but the main point is that profit is much reduced due to WLTP, electrification and some plans in India)

After that he was basically kicked immediately. Hard to argue about that.

Hypothetically if someone he knew made a lot of money based on the info he could even have faced criminal charges. Personally I think he was just showing off (by showing the new Skoda model that was in front of the charts).

EDIT: Here's the pic:
    https://auto-mania.cz/wp-content/upl...koda-rapid.jpg
    Last edited by mknight; 24th May 2021 at 19:29.

17. Likes: NoFear85 (24th May 2021),Sulland (25th May 2021)
    Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    That is irrelevant. He was not allowed to leave the country unless given a permit for which he didn't even ask.
    Stated he got permit, though.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...