Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrc 2/3 2021

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    so we are not sure yet if fabia is fast at fast ralllies.

Man its a pleasure to read your posts.
    No, one won rally by Mikkelsen is not much of a statistics. What numbers are there to tell that Lukyanuk would do worse in C3 from that startposition?

Fast gravel rallies results from last years are not in favor of Fabia. But maybe all those drivers that finance their starts are stupid in using Polos. You go tell them.

Make sure you also tell them that nobody watches onboards to learn the stages while you at it.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    No, one won rally by Mikkelsen is not much of a statistics. What numbers are there to tell that Lukyanuk would do worse in C3 from that startposition?

Fast gravel rallies results from last years are not in favor of Fabia. But maybe all those drivers that finance their starts are stupid in using Polos. You go tell them.

Make sure you also tell them that nobody watches onboards to learn the stages while you at it.
    so fabia is still slow at fast rallies.Polo is the faster.

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    so fabia is still slow at fast rallies.Polo is the faster.
    The faster is usually the one Mikkelsen isn't driving.

4. Likes: cali (19th July 2021),dimviii (18th July 2021),EstWRC (19th July 2021),steve.mandzij (18th July 2021)
    Liked 5,552 Times in 2,296 Posts
    Lukyanuk won in Fiesta. I think he would won with current Fiesta too. He won in Lancer EVO X. He is very good driver.

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    With the massive ruts, some of the advantage of any leftover cleaning Lukyanuk got, will have been negated a bit in other stages that cut up badly.

To be a proper paid wrc driver again, instead of someone who brings budget, Mikkelsen isn't doing enough this year. Look at Ostberg, Mads just simply winning WRC2 "class" isn't going to get him employed by a WRC team again if he is slogging it out with younger up-and-coming drivers, who are far from their peak. When Lappi has stepped back he has shown a better level and that's maybe helped him supposedly get another chance at Toyota.

Andreas has already had 5yrs at rally and championship winning teams. Maybe to you, people are seeming harsh/ hard on him, but that's because the expectation was he was using this year to prove he was "cut above" the likes of Ostberg, Gryazin, Breen, Lukyanuk and younger guys like Solberg and Fourmaux etc.

And let's not change the goalposts now Andreas is failing to deliver on what he said......; " I have one aim next year: that is to dominate every rally that I am doing,” he said. “That means winning every ERC round and winning every WRC round as well. I have the car to do it – Skoda has the best R5 car. For me, there is no question about that. I love the car and getting the chance to spend even more time in it I will perform even better than I did in 2020".

So far the only domination I've seen is against Mikkelsen. Lappi dominated Andreas in Artic, Lukyanuk comfortably beat him in Poland from same road position, and Gryazin was faster in Liepaja to win there. And now the aging Russian, in a new (equal) car with new co driver and same tyres, has taken the domination to a whole new level. Even rolling his car and still having enough time in hand to limp over the line and beat Mikkelsen.

A distant 2nd in R5 and a wrc2 class win is better than crashing like in Croatia and Sardinia, or being beaten in the ERC, but it's still hardly a result that's going to enhance his reputation or wow team bosses which was his season aim. People on here including me (and Mikkelsen himself) clearly expected more. That's why he gets criticised, and because of his seemingly arrogant comments.
    Last edited by er88; 18th July 2021 at 21:56.

7. Likes: AnttiL (19th July 2021),Augury (19th July 2021),cali (19th July 2021),Corcaíoch (19th July 2021),dimviii (18th July 2021),EstWRC (19th July 2021),Fredouye (19th July 2021),Lead (19th July 2021),Rally Hokkaido (20th July 2021),rpzcs (19th July 2021),steve.mandzij (18th July 2021),Tauri_J (19th July 2021),urabus-denoS2000 (20th July 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    With the massive ruts, some of the advantage of any leftover cleaning Lukyanuk got, will have been negated a bit in other stages that cut up badly.
    Friday stages didn't get rutted up. Saturday is something else. Mikkelsen never tried to chase Lukyanuk on Saturday for very good reasons.

I find it totally funny when Poland and Liepaja shows how road cleaning works for Rally2 cars on these stages, drivers are all vocal about it and then suddenly in Estonia it doesn't matter, because forum experts know better.

...just simply winning WRC2 "class" isn't going to get him employed by a WRC team again if he is slogging it out with younger up-and-coming drivers, who are far from their peak. When Lappi has stepped back he has shown a better level

In Portugal Lappi was at same time as Suninen and 2s ahead of Gryazin after Friday. (Slogging it out with up and coming drivers?) That's after Østberg already got a puncture. Gryazin then got engine issues first stage in the morning. Suninen got a puncture while 16s behind.
    Somehow I don't see how that is clearly better level.

You say Mikkelsen has not shown any domination in 2021, seems you must have forgotten Monte or winning 4 out of 4 powerstages, including also over Lappi.

... That's why he gets criticised, and because of his seemingly arrogant comments.
    After dominating 2/3 starts in 2020 and not getting a WRC drive for 2021 (only place was MSport) he said his aim was to dominate every rally.
    That's the only single "arrogant" comment. ("aim", not that he will do it)
    What would you suggest his aim for this year should have been in Rally2? Participate and see how it goes? Obviously not.

Clearly when you get a zero score in WRC2 and are paid by the team to win WRC2 the aims might get in conflict.

Liked 1,091 Times in 489 Posts
    [...] because forum experts know better.
    I hope you understand that you are exactly in the same "category" and this debate is forum expert vs forum expert (or experts).
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

10. Likes: cali (19th July 2021),EstWRC (19th July 2021),Mirek (19th July 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    I hope you understand that you are exactly in the same "category" and this debate is forum expert vs forum expert (or experts).
    Indeed,
    which is why I try to separate my opinion from what drivers say and do and what results show.

I have no idea how much roadcleaning actually matters. But both me and anyone else can see Poland/Liepaja/Estonia results of the same drivers with different relative road positions and hear their comments. That should matter more than mine or anyone elses opinion here.

Liked 1,091 Times in 489 Posts
    I haven't been to Rally Estonia stages for ages now but roads detoriate. And the modern WRCars are known for destroying the road a lot. So it's impossible to compare Poland & Liepaja with Estonia as there were no WRCars.

As I wasn't there and don't have the time to prove one or the other, then I'll stop here.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

13. Likes: cali (19th July 2021),dimviii (19th July 2021),pantealex (19th July 2021)
    Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    Missed the rally so I was watching the 3 day highlights thing (1:30 hours combined, right?)... I think they metioned Luyanuk only one time. Why? He just beat the top wrc2 cars... Not a big fan of WRC's coverage (highlights) not caring about the privateers tbh.
    Cool to see Kajetan on the podium too! Totally ERC vibes.

15. Likes: Jarek Z (20th July 2021),RS (20th July 2021)