·
    53m
    @seanjrally
    & @Rosselyohan
    join sainteloc racing on 2021 @OfficialWRC
    with @CitroenRacing
    #C3Rally2. => first Rally @ACM_Media
    #RallyeMonteCarlo
    So Saintéloc at MC with Sean Johnston(WRC2) + Yohan Rossel(WRC3)

Liked 3,289 Times in 1,731 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Nice to get more competition in WRC2
    Yes, but I don't get the concept of WRC2 anymore. Basically anybody who pays the entry fee can be a WRC2 competitor these days?
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 308 Times in 148 Posts
    I would say, you need register the team. But not sure now if registration with two cars is necessary.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    Yes, but I don't get the concept of WRC2 anymore. Basically anybody who pays the entry fee can be a WRC2 competitor these days?
    Was it ever any different?

5. Likes: pantealex (11th January 2021)
    Liked 3,289 Times in 1,731 Posts
    Was it ever any different?
    I'm sure something must have changed. In the previous years there were just 3-4 crews competing in this championship.
    (but I didn't bother to check what it was)
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 5,528 Times in 2,289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    There will also be the welcome return of Eric Camilli to the WRC2 World Championship. The Frenchman will race with the new Citroen C3 Rally2 from Citroen Racing.

Eric will start with the Rallye Monte-Carlo but the big news on car management is that entrusted by Citroen to Sports & You instead of the usual Citroen rib of PH Sport.

Camilli after an excellent Rallye Monte-Carlo 2020 where he won the class and conquered a ninth overall position, competed only in Sardinia where he had to retire.

The test driver will have the opportunity to redeem himself in this championship.

At the moment we do not know what PH Sport, currently engaged in the Dakar, or Mads Ostberg, reigning WRC2 champion will do.

https://www.rally.it/2021/01/camilli...troen-nel-wrc2
    Eric Camilli with portuguese team Sports and You of José Pedro Fontes.

Liked 228 Times in 119 Posts
    Before, WRC2 was for registered teams and their drivers, WRC3 was for rest of drivers. But now, WRC3 is "beginner class" (there are some rules about who can drive), and WRC2 is now for registered teams (both factory and private) and also for individual private drivers.

So they took concept of last year's WRC2 and they expanded it with "experienced" drivers with no team.

Hope I managed to explain it to you.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    I'm sure something must have changed. In the previous years there were just 3-4 crews competing in this championship.
    (but I didn't bother to check what it was)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    Before, WRC2 was for registered teams and their drivers, WRC3 was for rest of drivers. But now, WRC3 is "beginner class" (there are some rules about who can drive), and WRC2 is now for registered teams (both factory and private) and also for individual private drivers.

So they took concept of last year's WRC2 and they expanded it with "experienced" drivers with no team.

Hope I managed to explain it to you.
    - Until 2018 WRC2 was just a single championship for RC2 cars.
    - In 2019 it was split to WRC2Pro and WRC2. WRC2Pro was for manufacturer teams.
    - For 2020 WRC2Pro was renamed to WRC2 and WRC2 became WRC3. At the same time WRC2 became open for teams, not just manufacturers (like Toksport instead of Skoda, PH Sport instead of Citroen etc)
    - For this year, WRC3 had some restrictions on who can start but I don't see any changes for WRC2 itself.
    - Also, WRC3 in 2020 or WRC2 in 2019 was never automatically for "rest of drivers", since it has always been possible to start without running for any championships.

Maybe FIA/Promoter decreased the entry fees for WRC2? Or more drivers just gathered budget throughout 2020 for this year? Also several drivers ugpraded from WRC3 to WRC2.

10. Likes: pantealex (11th January 2021),Sulland (11th January 2021)
    Liked 649 Times in 311 Posts
    - Until 2018 WRC2 was just a single championship for RC2 cars.
    - In 2019 it was split to WRC2Pro and WRC2. WRC2Pro was for manufacturer teams.
    - For 2020 WRC2Pro was renamed to WRC2 and WRC2 became WRC3. At the same time WRC2 became open for teams, not just manufacturers (like Toksport instead of Skoda, PH Sport instead of Citroen etc)
    - For this year, WRC3 had some restrictions on who can start but I don't see any changes for WRC2 itself.
    - Also, WRC3 in 2020 or WRC2 in 2019 was never automatically for "rest of drivers", since it has always been possible to start without running for any championships.

Maybe FIA/Promoter decreased the entry fees for WRC2? Or more drivers just gathered budget throughout 2020 for this year? Also several drivers ugpraded from WRC3 to WRC2.
    All entry fees have remained the same as far as I can tell from the 2021 FIA WRC Sporting Regulations.

12. Likes: AnttiL (11th January 2021)
    Liked 168 Times in 98 Posts
    After Toksport success in 2020, teams started to see that any team can be "World Champion" and not only a manufacturer.