Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Brc 2021

Liked 9,310 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Edwards faster by identical amounts to Wilson & Pryce on both SS2 & SS3 extends his lead.

Pryce and Wilson take a bit of time back on SS5 but Edwards still with a good lead.

Edwards wins SS5 and the rally overall comfortably. Pryce beats Wilson on the last stage to take the battle for 2nd place.

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Yeah that felt good to be back out on an event. Certainly busiest Trackrod I've been on. I hope whatever the organisers and powers that be needed to see from that event was seen because the speccy carparks were rammed.

A few pics from Cropton and Dalby here - https://www.flickr.com/photos/949985...57719912654581

1 by Richard Simpson, on Flickr
    2 by Richard Simpson, on Flickr
    3 by Richard Simpson, on Flickr
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

5. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (26th September 2021),HKSjbg (26th September 2021),the sniper (26th September 2021)
    Liked 1,244 Times in 676 Posts
    Good to hear there were decent crowds; I wanted to go, and was planning to; but decided against it when the fuel panic started; only had half a tank of petrol, and all local stations were empty. Didn't fancy risking it.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 1,529 Times in 657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    Good to hear there were decent crowds; I wanted to go, and was planning to; but decided against it when the fuel panic started; only had half a tank of petrol, and all local stations were empty. Didn't fancy risking it.
    Sorry to hear that. Not that it helps, but the petrol stations up there didn't seem too bad ('people are sensible in Yorkshire', I had heard), it was only when I returned south after a few days that I started noticing all the closed petrol stations and long queue at the ones that were open...

Nice event, great entry. Weather was ideal on Friday night in particular. Very easy event to spectate even with what seemed like a relatively large number of spectators, thanks to the sensible marshals I encountered. Really hope we get to see more onboards from the top guys, I won't hold my breath though.

Matthew Wilson really has been a welcome (re)addition this year. Mixing it with Matt Edwards and Osian Pryce, maybe not the naturally quickest guy, but he reminds me of Andreas Mikkelsen, tries to make up the time in a rather spectacular style!

For the Championship, nice and close now:
    1. Osian Pryce 66
    2. Matt Edwards 62
    3. Matthew Wilson 53J
    4. Rhys Yates 53J

Does anyone know what happened to Rhys Yates on SS5 Langdale? Dropped from 4th to 13th, really cost him Championship wise.

Looking forward to being out there again on the Cambrian. Hopefully there'll be some decent internet coverage from Mull, up next.
    Last edited by the sniper; 26th September 2021 at 22:57.

8. Likes: Simmi (27th September 2021)
    Liked 311 Times in 168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal the 2nd View Post
    Nice that unlike previous Trackrods there wasnt a massive gap between the fields
    Motorsport UK no longer insist that events have to run competitors in seeded order, which they had done since the inquiries into spectator safety following the accidents on JCMR and Snowman. BRC also no longer insist that they run entirely separately form the other competitors. That enabled Trackrod MC to run the Historic & 2WD BTRDA cars reverse seeded first with the BRC & BTRDA 4WD runners normally seeded after. The pace of the top historic runners compared with the top BRC runners meant that there only needed to be a 5 minute gap between the last Historic and the first BRC. It also meant that they could accept more entries without breaching the 3 hour convoy length limit.

10. Likes: the sniper (27th September 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post

Matthew Wilson really has been a welcome (re)addition this year. Mixing it with Matt Edwards and Osian Pryce, maybe not the naturally quickest guy, but he reminds me of Andreas Mikkelsen, tries to make up the time in a rather spectacular style!

For the Championship, nice and close now:
    1. Osian Pryce 66
    2. Matt Edwards 62
    3. Matthew Wilson 53J
    4. Rhys Yates 53J

Does anyone know what happened to Rhys Yates on SS5 Langdale? Dropped from 4th to 13th, really cost him Championship wise.

It was another puncture for Yates on SS5. Not good at all but I think he was always slower than the top 3 like he has been most of the year.

Edwards really showed his class again here and with a fair share of luck he should take the title again. The absence of Tom Cave has been a real pity - one of the few who can really compete with him on pure pace.

12. Likes: the sniper (27th September 2021)
    Liked 84 Times in 30 Posts
    I'm wondering if any of the BRC competitors will actually take the start of the Mull Rally on Friday. Since John Fife posted the seeded entry list on Sept 28th, the following BRC drivers have dropped out:

Rhys Yates
    James Wilson
    Elliott Payne
    Alan Carmichael
    Ruairi Bell
    David Kelly
    Brian Brady
    Eddie Lewis
    Jason Dickson

By my reckoning there are 10 left, plus 6 National crews, three of whom are frequent Mull rallyists anyway. I know all championships suffer from increasingly small entries as people run out of budget and realise they can't win anything, but this feels like a really high rate of withdrawals. I suppose at least it means that more of the regulars will get a run off the reserve list.

14. Likes: AndyRAC (5th October 2021)
    Liked 1,529 Times in 657 Posts
    Mull always seemed a bit of an out there inclusion to me, particularly for the latter half of the season. We're led to believe the Isle of Man is a financial bridge too far, how a case can be made for Mull, with its remoteness and lack of accommodation, I don't know. Don't get me wrong, I think it'll be interesting, but I'm not sure its inclusion makes much sense. Handy for Iain Campbell, at least. I believe he'll be attending this round...

16. Likes: AndyRAC (5th October 2021)