May 29/30 Jim Clark Rally
    July 10 Nicky Grist Stages
    August 14 Grampian Forest Stages
    September 24/25 Trackrod Rally Yorkshire
    October 30 Cambrian Rally
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts

Liked 1,520 Times in 653 Posts
    Makes the most of what we've got and 2021 isn't a year for great innovation/revolution/investment, with all the uncertainty around. So a good calendar under the circumstances. In normal times I'd say there are too many rounds, but I'll be surprised if the Circuit goes ahead. Tendring & Clacton Rally in April is surely at risk too. While everyone rightly has a grievance with the forest authorities, I think those who put such so much faith in a tarmac public road future might see the downsides here. If the Councils aren't game, you've lost the rally.

4. Likes: AndyRAC (16th December 2020)
    Liked 1,243 Times in 675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    While everyone rightly has a grievance with the forest authorities, I think those who put such so much faith in a tarmac public road future might see the downsides here. If the Councils aren't game, you've lost the rally.
    You're not the only one thinking that. There's a massive assumption that losing more forest access will be offset somewhat by an increase in Tarmac 'closed road' events. Really? I wouldn't be so sure - the country is full of NIMBYs, there's no guarantee any event will get the go ahead from any council. We've left it far too late - it should have been done 15 - 20+ years ago when the sport had more of a following generally.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

6. Likes: the sniper (18th December 2020)
    There's actually already some route information on the BRC site for some of the rallies:

Beatson’s Building Supplies Jim Clark Rally

STAGES MILES:
    71 competitive stage miles [114km]

Rally Info
    The Beatson’s Building Supplies Jim Clark Rally returns as a BRC counter in 2021 in its full closed roads Friday night and Saturday format.
    The organisers have extended the territory covered by the rally by adding new stages to challenge competitors so please put it in your diary now to avoid disappointment!
    Rally highlights:
    • The whole route and stages are on public roads – all tarmac in good condition.
    • Reconnaissance runs on Sunday 22nd (preferred) and Friday 28th May (one reconnaissance only per competitor).
    • Shakedown 3 miles stage on Friday 28th from 10.00 until 14.00. As many runs as you like for £130.
    • Two Friday night stages, one in the dark. Half of this stage has never been used before and the other half is an old Reivers favourite.
    • A virgin 8 mile stage on the Saturday.
    • All stages run twice apart from one.
    • 10.00 am start on Saturday morning.
    • Central service visited twice on Saturday.
    Nicky Grist Stages

STAGES MILES: 45 [72km]

Rally Info
    With the enthusiastic support of former World Championship Codriver Nicky Grist the event is using the classic stages in Crychan Forest and the Eypnt Military Ranges we have planned a 45 mile rally bringing you some of the classic WRC stages of Halfway and Crychan but also a new favourite of the events Llyn Login and its now infamous jump. We have a circular route of 4 stages run twice with a mid-event service halt in the Centre of Builth Wells.
    Grampian Forest Stages

The forests of Fetteresso, Durris and Drumtochty provide the competitive route of 44 miles [70km] along with an extremely compact liason route.The stages will include roads which have gained reputation for quality and enjoyment – smooth fast and flowing with character of their own. A bit like a good malt whisky.
    Trackrod Rally Yorkshire

STAGES MILES:
    57 [92km]

Rally Info
    The vast majority of stages are single use of the fabulous Yorkshire Forests including Dalby and Langdale. Fast flowing stages kept in really good condition especially as there is currently very little use.

Friday evening includes 12 miles in the darkness of Dalby – what a treat!! No double use of stages for 45 miles of superb competition on Saturday during the day.

Sensible start time, ceremonial start on the cliffs overlooking the Yorkshire coast on Friday evening. Add a relaxed recce schedule, centralised service and a very compact route and we plan to provide a challenging event over classic stages. With the now traditional “fine weather” we look forward to welcoming you to our event. Keep an eye on our web page – rallyyorkshire.co.uk
    Trackrod looks like being the best of the gravel rounds. I just really wish every round could be around 115km, at least.

Liked 1,243 Times in 675 Posts
    The Nicky Grist Stages is a good event, with good stages and fits well for the BTRDA, as opposed to the BRC.
    One hopes the Trackrod make it easy to view more than one stage on the Saturday; previously with single stage usage, it's normally a choice of either Cropton or Dalby to spectate on as they are pretty close in timings.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    The Nicky Grist Stages is a good event, with good stages and fits well for the BTRDA, as opposed to the BRC.
    One hopes the Trackrod make it easy to view more than one stage on the Saturday; previously with single stage usage, it's normally a choice of either Cropton or Dalby to spectate on as they are pretty close in timings.
    Yeah, I went to the Nicky Grist in 2016 and '17 IIRC. Nice rally and great stages, rather descoped as an event now though. I'm sure I'll go next year, if possible. I hope to attend the last four or five rounds. Here's hoping the entries are at least as good as 2020 was promising to provide, but I don't know if that will be possible under the current circumstances.

Great interview with Matt Edwards on his career:

https://open.spotify.com/show/5JjaXD...RrSrybwJ3SqCPQ

11. Likes: the sniper (23rd December 2020)
    No mention of Rhys Yates for M-Sport in WRC2 so far. Maybe he will do ERC or even a BRC season.