Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Brc 2021

Liked 9,355 Times in 4,970 Posts
    Matthew Wilson
    Sadly we have retired from the Cambrian Rally after an impact to the front of the car on SS1 Gwydir !

Keith Cronin Finish SS1:
    We were off more than once on the first stage, the first mile was okay, after that I really struggled. I turned in to one right hander and there was no grip, we went into a bank.
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 30th October 2021 at 09:21.

Edwards fights back with fastest time on SS3 - game on with just 6.8s gap to Pryce.

Edit: Seems all over on SS4 with Edwards getting a puncture.
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 30th October 2021 at 12:56.

Edwards desperately trying to fix the Polo or the title battle is over !

#M-SPORTER

Edwards made it through to the finish. Seems he still scored enough points to keep the title alive until Ulster.

5. Likes: the sniper (30th October 2021)
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Really enjoyable event, my first event for nearly 2 years. That 'forest' smell when getting out the car in Alwen...

The weather forecast wasn't promising, and was raining heavily when I left home; but it got better, and in the end was sunny, but cool. Plenty of action, and entertainment. On the second run, car 51 went off...and wasn't coming out due to a broken right front wheel.

A slight 'moan', I saw a few people (and a few young kids) struggling through the undergrowth to get to their spectating spot; as it was an hour before first car, couldn't they be allowed to walk on the stage? I understand why, but it didn't look spectator friendly.

However, I have to say, for me, I think the ticketing system worked, but it seems there were problems; but the organisers provided lots of info, with stage maps, car park opening time - and their social media was fabulous!

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

7. Likes: the sniper (31st October 2021)
    Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    On the second run, car 51 went off...and wasn't coming out due to a broken right front wheel.
    I guess we met or at least came close?! https://youtu.be/RTKVCPjL2P8 Were you up at the previous corner or around the corner, where they went off?

As has been said, I think we all got really lucky with the weather. Awful when I set from home, some bad aquaplaning on the Motorway, but (unusually!) the skies cleared as I turned towards Wales.

Has anybody seen anything of the offs that caused all the delays? It was quite a drawn out affair in the end, got back to the car just before the last of the light had gone. I hadn't imagined I'd have needed to bring the torch! I had quite a walk, having not been able to get a ticket. Driving away from Alwen there was quite a burst of rain, it held off just long enough!

Edwards unlucky again. Got to say that I would like to see Osian Pryce win the title, to reward him for his efforts.

I was just around the corner.......

i think the delays were in the second running of Gwydyr; but I've no idea what happened - and the phone signal kept dropping out, so couldn't really see why. Fortunately, I had one of my bicycle front lights with me, in case there were delays for the dark walk back to the car.

10. Likes: the sniper (1st November 2021)
    Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    I was just around the corner.......
    That was where I was heading originally, having watched some of the past onboards from GB, but I wasn't sure if most of them would come around it on rails on the second run. Hedged my bets by being able to see the previous corner too. Were you the one who came up to talk to the crew on the corner and tell them where to get a phone signal? I was the one slowing down the following cars.

No, that wasn't me. I did think, that quite a few cars didn't back off enough....I think the triangle helped eventually.

How Edwards saved his title bid:

https://www.britishrallychampionship...g-masterclass/

Great work to patch-up the Polo but he was pretty lucky again in another way - like in Mull, there were few top competitors to take places off him. On the Cambrian Yates didnt enter and Wilson & Mellors were both out by SS2. Cronin was also out of contention early and struggling with testing his Hankook's.

But there again, Pryce has had two 'easy wins' after Edwards hit trouble on those two events.

The winner in Ulster taking the BRC title is probably fair.
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 1st November 2021 at 17:57.