Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Well Zico, you are wrong as usual. To respect someone for their achievement is not idolatory. But you don't get that and l understand. I would say the samething if the subject was Alonso or Vettel or Schumacher. And Yes, Lee is my new buddy. You don't get to say who l make friends with.

My analysis are tough but not with malice. And l always accept when l am wrong unlike you for instance.
    Calm down .
    He told you that you were without sin .

You do tend to get your hackles up when there is the slightest slur directed at Lewis .
    Maybe it's easier to see from here , outside your head .

2. Likes: Mia 01 (22nd December 2020)
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Well Zico, you are wrong as usual. To respect someone for their achievement is not idolatory. But you don't get that and l understand. I would say the samething if the subject was Alonso or Vettel or Schumacher. And Yes, Lee is my new buddy. You don't get to say who l make friends with.

My analysis are tough but not with malice. And l always accept when l am wrong unlike you for instance.

Well judging from your posts 'GOAT, true champion etc etc... you always came across as having a bit more than just respect for Lewis.

Idolatry: extreme admiration, love, or reverence for something or someone.

Is it really that offensive to you? That wouldnt bother me but I apologise if it is to you.

I pictured you as a huge fan with perhaps your room decked out as a bit of a shrine.. or at very least pics of him on your wall.. but if thats not the case I apologise.

If I was wrong on you not being pissed with Lee then congrats to both of you on the new blossoming friendship. I love how this forum can bring people with differing opinions together like that, thats really cool. 😎

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Well judging from your posts 'GOAT, true champion etc etc... you always came across as having a bit more than just respect for Lewis.

Idolatry: extreme admiration, love, or reverence for something or someone.

Is it really that offensive to you? That wouldnt bother me but I apologise if it is to you.

I pictured you as a huge fan with perhaps your room decked out as a bit of a shrine.. or at very least pics of him on your wall.. but if thats not the case I apologise.

If I was wrong on you not being pissed with Lee then congrats to both of you on the new blossoming friendship. I love how this forum can bring people with differing opinions together like that, thats really cool. ��
    It is interesting to see your prejudices are portrayed here so wantonly. You do not really know me, yet you would venture to suggest that l have a shrine of sorts for motorsport racers. After reading all of my posts, all you can surmise from them is extreme idolary.

I think the issue here is your extreme dislike for Hamilton. Reading your posts about him clearly indicate you think he is too brown to enjoy such success. Nothing he does meets with your approval. You make every effort to undermine his achievements. And you simply cannot stand anyone who has anything good to say of the man.

I was filled with admiration when Schumacher was the man to beat, as l did for Vettel and Alonso. I do now for Hamilton as he is the current benchmark for F1 drivers. A fact that pains you deeply l guess. I have a life and a good and rich one. I have no need for shrines or paraphernalia of motorsport.

But when l see brilliance, l would acknowledge it openly. And l do so unreservedly with disregard to any personal features or characteristics of the person displaying the excellence. An attribute that you are clearly devoided of.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 17th December 2020 at 23:28.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Calm down .
    He told you that you were without sin .

You do tend to get your hackles up when there is the slightest slur directed at Lewis .
    Maybe it's easier to see from here , outside your head .
    Go back and read my posts, you would find l do the same when the subject is Schumacher or Vettel or Alonso. Nothing specific to Hamilton really. But l get it, l find l have to do so more often for Hamilton than usual. I often wonder why.

Afterall, we don't get to see seven time world champions come along very often. With the new regulations, this may well be the last time that we see such feat.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 17th December 2020 at 23:34.
    William Shakespeare

It is interesting to see your prejudices are portrayed here so wantonly. You do not really know me, yet you would venture to suggest that l have a shrine of sorts for motorsport racers. After reading all of my posts, all you can surmise from them is extreme idolary.

I think the issue here is your extreme dislike for Hamilton. Reading your posts about him clearly indicate you think he is too brown to enjoy such success. Nothing he does meets with your approval. You make every effort to undermine his achievements. And you simply cannot stand anyone who has anything good to say of the man.

I was filled with admiration when Schumacher was the man to beat, as l did for Vettel and Alonso. I do now for Hamilton as he is the current benchmark for F1 drivers. A fact that pains you deeply l guess. I have a life and a good and rich one. I have no need for shrines or paraphernalia of motorsport.

But when l see brilliance, l would acknowledge it openly. And l do so unreservedly with disregard to any personal features or characteristics of the person displaying the excellence. An attribute that you are clearly devoided of.
    Suggesting that Zico is racist is way out of line .
    I have never seen any hint of it ever in his posts .
    You should apologize .

7. Likes: Firstgear (18th December 2020),Mia 01 (22nd December 2020)
    Go back and read my posts, you would find l do the same when the subject is Schumacher or Vettel or Alonso. Nothing specific to Hamilton really. But l get it, l find l have to do so more often for Hamilton than usual. I often wonder why.

Afterall, we don't get to see seven time world champions come along very often. With the new regulations, this may well be the last time that we see such feat.
    You seem to say that you understand that your defense "more often for Hamilton than usual" might make people think you are a big fan of his , but when Zico says he's sorry he suggested you were an even bigger fan you rip him up and imply he's racist .

It's no sin to be a super fan .
    This is from a guy who defended Jacques to the end , and took the stick for it daily . Ask anyone who's been here long enough .

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    You seem to say that you understand that your defense "more often for Hamilton than usual" might make people think you are a big fan of his , but when Zico says he's sorry he suggested you were an even bigger fan you rip him up and imply he's racist .

It's no sin to be a super fan .
    This is from a guy who defended Jacques to the end , and took the stick for it daily . Ask anyone who's been here long enough .
    If l were a superfan l would happily say so. But Zico is one of the staunch critics of Hamilton on this forum. So much so that l have had run ins with him about his views on a number of occassions. I call it as l see it. But l certainly have not suggested he is racist. As he has not used racist words or views on this forum as far as l am aware. If he did then l would have called him so.

I have only stated that he is suggestive of that kind of view, which he does.

Similarly, l think people should respect those that do exceptional work in all areas of F1. From drivers, to teams and their personel, to the FOM, the FIA and the volunteer marshals. If anyone appears to denigrade any of these people because they don't like them. Then l think someone should stand up and defend such persons. As that goes to show the even views shared on this forum.

If someone is, for instance, saying that the current seven times world champion only managed to be so, solely due to the car and anyone in the same car can also do it. Then naturally, l would have quirms with that. As it so turns out that a few people have put that view forward, of course you would see me being actively vocal against such views. If that makes me a super fan in your eyes, so be it. But please do not expect me to not react to any view l consider unfair or poorly judged. We are all armchair experts. We do not sit in the car while it is going at 200 mph. We risk nothing but say loads. Sometimes callously.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 18th December 2020 at 17:51.
    William Shakespeare

If l were a superfan l would happily say so. But Zico is one of the staunch critics of Hamilton on this forum. So much so that l have had run ins with him about his views on a number of occassions. I call it as l see it. But l certainly have not suggested he is racist. As he has not used racist words or views on this forum as far as l am aware. If he did then l would have called him so.

I have only stated that he is suggestive of that kind of view, which he does.

Similarly, l think people should respect those that do exceptional work in all areas of F1. From drivers, to teams and their personel, to the FOM, the FIA and the volunteer marshals. If anyone appears to denigrade any of these people because they don't like them. Then l think someone should stand up and defend such persons. As that goes to show the even views shared on this forum.

If someone is, for instance, saying that the current seven times world champion only managed to be so, solely due to the car and anyone in the same car can also do it. Then naturally, l would have quirms with that. As it so turns out that a few people have put that view forward, of course you would see me being actively vocal against such views. If that makes me a super fan in your eyes, so be it. But please do not expect me to not react to any view l consider unfair or poorly judged. We are all armchair experts. We do not sit in the car while it is going at 200 mph. We risk nothing but say loads. Sometimes callously.
    Communication is a tricky thing .
    What one must understand is that what one relates is not necessarily the message that another receives .

For instance , I took what you wrote as you implying , rather strongly , that he was being racist .
    This is what you wrote :
    " Reading your posts about him clearly indicate you think he is too brown to enjoy such success ."

Tell me how that doesn't come off as calling him a racist ?

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts

You are really sinking to new depths now. Implying that I'm racist because I'm not a fan of Lewis? Man, thats just as bad as racism itself.
    When Lewis burst on to the F1 scene I was a bit of a fan... and I still am to some degree.. as a driver but I've come to think a lot less of him over the years as a person. Now I just wish he would retire and give someone else a chance.

Here is a interesting fact that hopefully makes you realise just how wrong you are.. Both of my boys have F1 inspired names, Jordan (21) and Lewis (11)... How does that grab you?

12. Likes: Mia 01 (22nd December 2020)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    You are really sinking to new depths now. Implying that I'm racist because I'm not a fan of Lewis? Man, thats just as bad as racism itself.
    When Lewis burst on to the F1 scene I was a bit of a fan... and I still am to some degree.. as a driver but I've come to think a lot less of him over the years as a person. Now I just wish he would retire and give someone else a chance.

Here is a interesting fact that hopefully makes you realise just how wrong you are.. Both of my boys have F1 inspired names, Jordan (21) and Lewis (11)... How does that grab you?
    Well you just proved that l was right all along. You don't like him as a person. I have no interest why. But that clearly taints your posts about him. That you don't like him as a person do not make you racist. But it sure show in your post very clearly. And going around calling people fanboy does not endear you to them either. So you should not be surprised when you get stick for it.

I have clearly stated that l do not think you are a racist, at least l have not read any very clear racist posts from you. I have however said your post are so strongly of disliike for Hamilton such that it appears as if you begrudge him his success. My choice of words were not impeccable and l apologized for that.
    William Shakespeare