Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts

Hamilton to miss second Bahrain GP

World champion Lewis Hamilton tests positive for Covid-19 and is set to miss this Sunday's second race at Bahrain. https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/55142428

No replacement has been named as of yet, but Stoffel Van Doorne seems to be a frontrunner at this point. Or will it be the Hulk once again?

Be as it may, this offers a good chance to Bottas or Verstappen to add to their win tally.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

2. Likes: N. Jones (1st December 2020)
    Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts
    What if Bottas 2.0 is actually an upgraded clone, and they still have the original Bottas 1.0 in storage.
    A whole grid of him, all saying "to whom it may concern" in unison.

Also, CV19 isn't a walk in the park regardless of how healthy you are, sadly I saw this with a friend, so I really am hoping for a good outcome for Lewis.

4. Likes: Bagwan (1st December 2020),N. Jones (1st December 2020),pantealex (1st December 2020)
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    I think it gives Mercedes an opportunity to see how Russell compare to Bottas under race conditions. Williams has nothing to lose not having Russell for one race. Of course this would be breaking F1 covid bubble rules l guess, but l think it would be a very popular outcome.

How lucky for Hamilton that this has occurred after he had won the title. It certainly may have opened the doors for Bottas otherwise. This makes the battle for 2nd all the more fierce. If Verstapenn wins the race this weekend, he would completely wipeout the gap between himself and Bottas and possible be effective 2nd in the drivers championship. If Bottas wins, he would also effectively seal the 2nd place from Verstapenn.

What if Mercedes puts Russell in the car and he goes and win the race? By all accounts, it is looking like Vandoorne would be replacing him.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 1st December 2020 at 20:11.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Agreed. I would call up Russell and have him in that seat in no time. Williams can run Aitken. The only reason to use vandoorne is if they want Bottas not to be challenged and are willing to see that car finish close or out of the points. The guy has not had any experience with these cars in the last 2 years. To me the choice is either Hulkenberg or Russell.
    Last edited by truefan72; 1st December 2020 at 17:16.

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Can Mercedes take driver from Mercedes2 (The Pink One) ?
    Perez/Stroll (and Hulk may drive Pink)
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    If Perez is still in the running for a Red Bull seat, I doubt Mercedes would want him in one of their cars. Also, Racing Point wouldn't want to give up their biggest weapon in the fight for P3 in the constructor's championship.
    Stroll? Might as well put Vandoorne or Russell in...
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

9. Likes: pantealex (2nd December 2020),truefan72 (2nd December 2020)
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    Racing Point is fighting for 3rd in the constructors championship. They have too much riding on their driver pairing. I doubt they would consider releasing either of their drivers. Williams on the other hand have nothing to lose if Russell is replaced by Aitkin for one race. Both Williams car are most likely to finish out of the points anyway.

Russell in the Mercedes makes more sense than any other driver really. Then again, we don't know what Toto plans for the future.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 1st December 2020 at 20:10.
    William Shakespeare

11. Likes: pantealex (2nd December 2020)
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Agreed. I would call up Russell and have him in that seat in no time. Williams can run Aitken. The only reason to use vandoorne is if they want Bottas not to be challenged and are willing to see that car finish close or out of the points. The guy has not had any experience with these cars in the last 2 years. To me the choice is either Hulkenberg or Russell.
    How about Hulkenburg in the Williams and Russell in the Mercedes ;-) That would keep Williams happy l think. Especially if Mercedes is paying.
    William Shakespeare

13. Likes: pantealex (2nd December 2020),truefan72 (2nd December 2020)
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gm99 View Post
    stroll? Might as well put vandoorne or russell in...
    lol!
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Well guessed.
    So its Russel in the mercedes and aitken in the williams.

Kinda makes you wonder why they have vandoorne as backup driver in the first place.

16. Likes: gm99 (2nd December 2020)