Threaded View

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts

Had Vettel gone to Mercedes!

I heard an interesting comment from Damon Hill today. He said, had Vettel gone to Mercedes in 2013, he may have matched Schumacher's Seven titles as well as Hamilton. With 3 titles away from the benchmark, we could argue that he may have done it. But then again, maybe not. My hesitance is a niggling question of whether Vettel would have dominated Rosberg to win most of the driver championships?

I think Rosberg may have been a real headache for Vettel. Chances are that, it may have turned out to be 50:50 with Vettel reaching the heady seven titles and Rosberg winning close to four titles in the process. It could also swing the other way with Rosberg dominating and winning between 5 to seven titles. We would never really know?

What l am certain about is that, Vettel is unlikely to dominate Rosberg as Hamilton has done. Hence, there is realistically a good chance that Rosberg may have come out of that situation with multiple titles and may still be racing today. That said, l also think Vettel is good enough to reach the Seven title threshold in a Mercedes with either Rosberg of Bottas in the other car.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 28th November 2020 at 14:18.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare