Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Monte I already checked out, only one or two stages where he wasn't the slowest WRC and also an embarrassing crash.

Germany 2019 however went better, he was constantly closer to the main pack and much faster than Katsuta, also being able to beat the likes of Lappi and Mikkelsen a couple of times when they were struggling with their cars, and also being faster than Meeke and Latvala on one short stage. But he also crashed there.
    Yes, like I said, not nearly enough, but some glimpse. germany was surprising. There's people saying completely inadequate or will never prove anything, I say to wait some more time to show more potential, also considering is driving a fiesta. developing faster than katsuta would already be a goodt point, considering the effort on the Japanese! Crashes are bad, but not so relevant at this career point.

Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    He can take as he wants (or as long as the funds allow) to get up to speed. He’s a pay driver, after all.
    I’m just convinced he’s not going to do anything at all.
    M-sport will play whatever tune needs playing to keep him in the car... it’s all just pound notes to them.

maybe, or maybe not. just saying I would accord him some more time, as m-sport say. maybe they just want his money, maybe they know their job. he can take the time he wants, but compared to actual competitors (loubet, katsuta) he spent less time in the car and results are not so far away. Compared to other newcomers (tidemand) he's shown probably more, let's see veiby what will show in Monza.

Liked 3,290 Times in 1,732 Posts
    I don’t think Gryazin even will make that level, this season has been hugely disappointing.
    You are probably right, but it's worth mentioning that after just 2 years in WRC Gryazin is already on the same level as Veiby after 6 years
    https://www.wrc.com/en/results-stand...tandings/wrc2/
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

4. Likes: AnttiL (26th November 2020),pantealex (26th November 2020)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wyler View Post
    Yes, like I said, not nearly enough, but some glimpse. germany was surprising. There's people saying completely inadequate or will never prove anything, I say to wait some more time to show more potential, also considering is driving a fiesta. developing faster than katsuta would already be a goodt point, considering the effort on the Japanese! Crashes are bad, but not so relevant at this career point.
    I think it's actually sad that in Germany 2019 Greensmith was clearly faster than Katsuta, but this year they've been more level, and Katsuta has shown glimpses of speed (but also crashed heavily)

https://yle.fi/urheilu/3-11664131

Marcus Grφnholm (manager of Huttunen) believes Huttunen will have at least one start in a WRC car in 2021. They have a positive signal from Adamo. But Huttunen doesn't know himself where he drives next year.

7. Likes: pantealex (26th November 2020),the sniper (26th November 2020)
    I think it's actually sad that in Germany 2019 Greensmith was clearly faster than Katsuta, but this year they've been more level, and Katsuta has shown glimpses of speed (but also crashed heavily)
    Yeah I have to agree.
    also, we should know the real gap of fiestas, especially this year with no development from m-sport.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    https://yle.fi/urheilu/3-11664131

Marcus Grφnholm (manager of Huttunen) believes Huttunen will have at least one start in a WRC car in 2021. They have a positive signal from Adamo. But Huttunen doesn't know himself where he drives next year.
    Unlike Veiby he actually deserves it based on speed. But he deserved it already at least in mid-2019.

Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Unlike Veiby he actually deserves it based on speed. But he deserved it already at least in mid-2019.
    With the big Even stickers on the Veiby car, I'm not believing what he says on the interview about getting the ride for free.

11. Likes: cali (26th November 2020),pantealex (26th November 2020),wyler (26th November 2020)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    With the big Even stickers on the Veiby car, I'm not believing what he says on the interview about getting the ride for free.
    Me neither, but there is still some difference between Veiby "paying" for the car and say someone like Al Quassimi paying for it. In Veiby's case there is some sporting component.

13. Likes: pantealex (26th November 2020)
    Liked 1,830 Times in 708 Posts
    I doubt Greensmith will ever be a top driver and that's fine. The point is he's putting money into a team that needs such pay drivers to survive. It's not like in F1 with a limit of 2 cars, he is not taking anyone's seat away. Of course MSport will say nice things about someone who is bringing in money that helps them survive in the WRC. Maybe It's not bad to have a few "not WRC level" drivers, shows how good the good guys really are by comparison.

15. Likes: AnttiL (26th November 2020),cali (26th November 2020),pantealex (26th November 2020)