Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 122
  1. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    520
    Like
    27
    Liked 107 Times in 65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    With the big Even stickers on the Veiby car, I'm not believing what he says on the interview about getting the ride for free.
    Is there a chance that maybe Even/Veiby had paid for the full season with the R5 car and, with all the cancellations, this is the way they figured out to make things even?

    I've heard that Pedro had paid M-Sport for the full WRC3 at start of the season and that's why he got Roma and Alba with the WRC+...

  2. Likes: AnttiL (26th November 2020),pantealex (26th November 2020),Rally Power (26th November 2020),the sniper (26th November 2020)
  3. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    949
    Like
    3,726
    Liked 1,126 Times in 479 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Co-driven View Post
    Is there a chance that maybe Even/Veiby had paid for the full season with the R5 car and, with all the cancellations, this is the way they figured out to make things even?
    I was thinking the same. That he literally didn't pay for the WRC, but the Veiby's have been such good customers, they've more than paid for the drive through different streams.

  4. Likes: AnttiL (26th November 2020),pantealex (26th November 2020)
  5. #53
    Senior Member SubaruNorway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Biri, Norway
    Posts
    4,401
    Like
    75
    Liked 1,430 Times in 564 Posts
    No, there were already talks of doing one or two events earlier this year. The two retirements in WRC2 made them skip Monza for the WRC instead.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

  6. Likes: AnttiL (27th November 2020),pantealex (27th November 2020)
  7. #54
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    6,564
    Like
    5,645
    Liked 6,916 Times in 3,031 Posts
    Lappi has said to Finnish media that he is not confident for having a seat next year at M-Sport...

    The way I interpret it, there's no financial backing available. There could have been some Citroen money for this year, but not anymore for next year...

  8. #55
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    6,564
    Like
    5,645
    Liked 6,916 Times in 3,031 Posts
    How long will we see Katsuta in the series if he doesn't improve? He needs to both reduce crashing but also increase the pace. Difficult to see him proceeding to winning level, sadly.

  9. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,947
    Like
    282
    Liked 2,348 Times in 1,280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Lappi has said to Finnish media that he is not confident for having a seat next year at M-Sport...

    The way I interpret it, there's no financial backing available. There could have been some Citroen money for this year, but not anymore for next year...
    I guess it probably confirms what was rumored before in one way or another. That Citroen kept paying him something this year, since he had 2 year contract when they quit.
    I'd say he was clearly better than Suninen, especially considering Suninen has been in that car for 3 years. Hard to say anything else when MSport are only competition to themselves.

    Knowing Malcolm's way of prioritizing I think it's entirely possible he will drop him fom someone like Formaux(drives for free and has future contract prospects where Wilson can get his share) or Greensmith (brings money). Suninen somehow fits both categories still imo. Basically, looking like something of a 2016 season re-run at MSport.


    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    How long will we see Katsuta in the series if he doesn't improve? He needs to both reduce crashing but also increase the pace. Difficult to see him proceeding to winning level, sadly.
    I actually think he was ok-ish this year, so he will stay whole next year at minimum.
    Last edited by mknight; 3rd December 2020 at 20:56.

  10. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,077
    Like
    0
    Liked 635 Times in 341 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    How long will we see Katsuta in the series if he doesn't improve? He needs to both reduce crashing but also increase the pace. Difficult to see him proceeding to winning level, sadly.
    For as long as the toyota bosses want a japanese driver in their car.

    Nobody expects him to win anything, he's just there because of his nationality.

  11. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,947
    Like
    282
    Liked 2,348 Times in 1,280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    For as long as the toyota bosses want a japanese driver in their car.

    Nobody expects him to win anything, he's just there because of his nationality.
    There are still limits. Arai senior wasn't driving for Subaru in WRC forever either.

  12. Likes: pantealex (4th December 2020)
  13. #59
    Senior Member Andre Oliveira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,651
    Like
    1,520
    Liked 4,003 Times in 1,720 Posts
    So Ford should be Suninen, Fourmaux and Greensmith in 2021?

  14. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    J y v s k y l
    Posts
    3,335
    Like
    14,534
    Liked 1,760 Times in 872 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    So Ford should be Suninen, Fourmaux and Greensmith in 2021?
    I hope not.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •