Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Liked 234 Times in 122 Posts
    Nice to hear that! Stritesky is undoubtedly biggest Czech talent since Kopecký and I bet he will get some top10 results, I wouldn't be surprised if he will even be in top5 in some of these events.

Liked 3,788 Times in 1,683 Posts
    Now I can say that also Adam Brezik was planning to start in Rome, but crash on Bohemia has changed the plans...

Liked 5,552 Times in 2,296 Posts

4. Likes: Mirek (8th August 2021)
    Liked 1,461 Times in 834 Posts
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/erc/promo...s-to-join-wrc/

Basically they want to invest in some ERC event(s) and eventually let them get that WRC Status. “We believe in the pyramid of progression which provides a career path from ERC to the WRC. But we have no intention of combining the calendars. That’s not what this is about." “Just as the ERC will be stepping stone for drivers and co-drivers progressing to the WRC, it’ll be the same for events. We want to work with governments who are backing events in countries like, for example, Hungary, Latvia and Poland and offer an even greater return on their investment".
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/erc/promo...s-to-join-wrc/

Basically they want to invest in some ERC event(s) and eventually let them get that WRC Status. “We believe in the pyramid of progression which provides a career path from ERC to the WRC. But we have no intention of combining the calendars. That’s not what this is about." “Just as the ERC will be stepping stone for drivers and co-drivers progressing to the WRC, it’ll be the same for events. We want to work with governments who are backing events in countries like, for example, Hungary, Latvia and Poland and offer an even greater return on their investment".
    IMHO nothing more than some nice words about the same stuff as ever.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

7. Likes: pantealex (10th August 2021)
    Liked 1,461 Times in 834 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    IMHO nothing more than some nice words about the same stuff as ever.
    Probably, I just hope they bring back some of the nice events the ERC lost due to COVID-19, Cyprus would be great as a start, and if it doesn't get to host the WRC again, I wouldn't mind seeing Corsica again in the ERC.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 3,788 Times in 1,683 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Probably, I just hope they bring back some of the nice events the ERC lost due to COVID-19, Cyprus would be great as a start, and if it doesn't get to host the WRC again, I wouldn't mind seeing Corsica again in the ERC.
    Unfortunatelly, both Cyprus and Corse are very expensive events for ERC field...

Liked 308 Times in 148 Posts
    Pluto, just for comparison - maybe you could reveal some details. Cost for Azores vs Cyprus vs Canarias (I know it's tarmac but the Island itself isn't cheap)?

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Personally, I'm not sure on the 'stepping stone' route. Rallying has to be more than just the WRC - I still think we need another international level series, other disciplines manage it. Why shouldn't we be able to see some of the top WRC drivers in ERC events, in Rally2 cars?

Whilst I know that is not going to happen, I'm not sure about the future of the ERC if that's all they want for it.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 18 Times in 13 Posts
    ERC is a stepping stone before WRC for a driver to show his talent but where is a gravel rough event prepare a talent for WRC gravel events like Sardenia or Acropolis?I believe Cyprus is must event in ERC