Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    What was the minimum stage distance before? Personally I wish the minimum was 200km, but it is what it is. Nice calendar though. Fafe makes more sense now with the event grouping concept.
    200-230 km was for last few years

2. Likes: the sniper (17th December 2020)
    Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    When we will know the ERC Junior structure?
    Basic structure is clear:

ERC Junior = Rally3 cars
    ERC3 Junior = Rally4 and Rally5 cars

It was planned to publish today an article describing whole structure of juniors including prizes, but it looks like it will be published little bit later.

4. Likes: Andre Oliveira (17th December 2020),Mirek (17th December 2020),pantealex (17th December 2020),Sulland (17th December 2020)
    Liked 3,290 Times in 1,732 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    I don't like the move of the ERC1-J to Rally3 cars. Mainly for the rule of not repairing what isn't broken. The championship was great with Rally2 cars and there was no need for the change. At least it could have been announced one year beforehand for 2022. For 2021 a decrease in quality is unavoidable in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Co-driven View Post
    Completely agree with that, specially for 2021 that most probably only one brand will be available.

I imagine that some drivers, like Munster and Llarena, that could still compete in the Junior won't be able to do it, as they have some kind of support from other brands.
    Yes. ERC1-Junior is likely to lose its importance with this move. Can you imagine Solberg or Muster driving a Rally3 car now? Would it make any sense for them?
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 5,531 Times in 2,289 Posts
    What is the sense of have Junior with same car of overall winners? For me is great move and boost the Rally3 category.

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    What is the sense of have Junior with same car of overall winners?
    It worked very good and when something works very good it obviously has a good point.

For me is great move and boost the Rally3 category.
    The reason for championship existence is not to boost any car category. It's exactly opposite. The cars exist to boost the championships. This change certainly doesn't boost the ERC1-J 2021 in any way.

Maybe it's good to change from 2022 but not now. It's done on short notice in a situation when not a single Rally3 car is homologated, when the teams already work on the next year and sudden need to change to a new machinery of dubious availability/servicability is certainly a complication.

Nowhere it's written that the car will be homologated as planned because until it is actually homologated everything can happen. Nowhere it is written that everything connected with the car will go smooth right out of the box. Not that chronic lack of spares etc. would not often come along with the introduction of new cars. Next point being that it looks like only M-Sport car will be actually ready for the season (if even that one will). What can the teams cooperating with other brands do? They can only leave the championship. If that is a good thing I leave to your evaluation.

Last point but not the least important. Why should drivers who already mastered Rally2 cars switch back to Rally3? I doubt any reasonable number of drivers will do that. It means these very good young drivers will simply leave the championship. Do you think it's good? I don't.
    Last edited by Mirek; 17th December 2020 at 17:35.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

8. Likes: br21 (18th December 2020),Jarek Z (18th December 2020),m-ast (17th December 2020),pantealex (17th December 2020)
    Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    But on the other hand, if FIA decides to make a new car class, you also have to have some title to boost sale, same as with R5, to kickstart sales.
    Many did not want to swap S2000 for R5, but now 1000 are sold, and class is a big success. Much because of a good joker system.

If run as planned, I think Rally3 will find its place in the pyramid.

If we would test a DS3 R5 vs a Fiesta Rally3 how far back will the newcomer be?
    I am guessing the roadholding with newer suspension will help the Fiesta, especially on gravel.

Liked 177 Times in 97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    If we would test a DS3 R5 vs a Fiesta Rally3 how far back will the newcomer be?
    I am guessing the roadholding with newer suspension will help the Fiesta, especially on gravel.
    I don't think they will the so far back if not faster. In tarmac it is start to getting difficult to maintain the faster Rally4 behind

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingTuga View Post
    I don't think they will the so far back if not faster. In tarmac it is start to getting difficult to maintain the faster Rally4 behind
    They will be between Rally4 and Rally2 on gravel but they will likely struggle to be faster than Rally4 on asphalt. No, even old R5 will be reasonably faster when properly prepared and driven by the same person. Miracles don't happen.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

12. Likes: br21 (18th December 2020)
    Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post

Last point but not the least important. Why should drivers who already mastered Rally2 cars switch back to Rally3? I doubt any reasonable number of drivers will do that. It means these very good young drivers will simply leave the championship. Do you think it's good? I don't.
    why they should go for the junior championship then? if they mastered rc2 they can go for main title.

Liked 5,531 Times in 2,289 Posts
    Rally3 is cheaper?