Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    If you are a young driver, that has only driven inside your own country, and won most rallies in your class. Probably in a 2wd car.
    Next year you would lile to try an international series. you are sitting down with parents or your team to plan for next season.

What is there to choose from:
    Erc 3 jr, 2 wd
    Erc 2 jr, 4 wd
    Erc 1
    Jwrc
    Wrc 2/3

If this young driver would like to swap to 4wd, and you are going rent a seat in a good team.
    The pricetag for a seat in a rally2 and a rally3 car should be very different, thinking of the teams cost of buying and maintaining the two cars.

For many youngsters that difference could be the same as yes or no to an international carreer in rally. Thats why rally3 has its place in the pyramidn. And it is all about budget, and what you are able to get sponsors to help you with.

2. Likes: wyler (18th December 2020)
    Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    The problem is that it never works like you would like it to work. Majority of the competitors stay in the championship till their age allows. That's how it always has been. This is a list of all ERC1-J 2020 competitors.

Munster, Solberg, Llarena, Cais, Marczyk, Dinkel, Devine, Lindholm, Tempestini, Batistolli, Kreim

Tell me which one will stay and switch to Rally3 car? IMHO probably noone. So what will be left of a very competitive championship? A ruin which has to start from zero. Is that worth of making Malcolm Wilson happy?

Anyway time will tell.
    exactly. very few of them are progressing. they're exploiting it looking for money. when out of age, some stops completely, some just go on like before (tempestini, kreim, lindholm, battistolli, munster, solberg, devine would find a program anyway, and not related with participating in this championship). is this a good thing? Sure from promoter side is good. a money prize to have some more top car. From drivers or general sport not so much for me. I like the new direction more, should bring more driver and more talent to international scenery, helping those with less money to invest. That's good for me.
    You said it. no-one of this people will do a junior again unless for the money prize. Most of them already had international program, most of them will do main championship anyway. I don't think Wilson is related in much way. anyone can make rally3 car. it's from FIA, not an m-sport invention...they're working on reducing entry cost and favor numbers, it's good that promoter reacts accordingly.
    you're right, time will tell, hope for good! : )

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Well, I'm quite sure that the reason why this change is scheduled already for 2021 instead of more logical 2022 is to help to keep M-Sport involved in WRC (btw. I agree with a change in 2022, don't get me wrong). It can not be explained in other way when the competitors are forced to use M-Sport car in 2021.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

5. Likes: pantealex (18th December 2020)
    Liked 5,566 Times in 2,299 Posts
    We still don't know the prize

7. Likes: pantealex (18th December 2020)
    Fabian Kreim

Finally there is something to report!
    Today the programs of all Pole Promotion drivers were announced.

Besides those of the circuit cracks René Rast, Sheldon van der Linde, Kelvin van der Linde and Nicki Thiim also ours.

Frank and I will attack in the ERC and try to get as far ahead as possible. Due to the decisions in the VW Group, it is not yet clear whether we can contest the program with the VW Polo R5. But that is definitely our goal and the signs are good!

You will get more information about the program in the coming weeks and months!

9. Likes: dimviii (18th December 2020),RS (20th December 2020),the sniper (18th December 2020)
    Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Well, I'm quite sure that the reason why this change is scheduled already for 2021 instead of more logical 2022 is to help to keep M-Sport involved in WRC (btw. I agree with a change in 2022, don't get me wrong). It can not be explained in other way when the competitors are forced to use M-Sport car in 2021.
    can definitely be and sure is at least a part, but for me main reason is trying to convince other manu to commit to rally 3 and not repeatthe bad result of r4 kit, giving them a concrete horizon on why build a rally3 car. r5 was initially more or less the same scheme. everyone but m-sport waited to see if the investment was worth.

M-Sport paves the way from Europe to the world!

3 x Fiesta Rally3 drives for ‘21 ERC3J Champ.
    6 x Fiesta Rally3 drives if they win in a Fiesta Rally4.

For the 2021 @FIAERC Junior Champion?

A FULLY FUNDED year in the 2022 @FIAJuniorWRC Championship

https://www.m-sport.co.uk/single-pos...he-world-stage

12. Likes: Mirek (18th December 2020),RS (20th December 2020),Sulland (18th December 2020)
    https://www.fiaerc.com/next-generati...c-prize-drive/

Incentive planned for young drivers in Rally2 cars
    Drivers under the age of 28 on January 1, 2021, planning to contest the 2021 FIA European Rally Championship in a Rally2 car will be eligible for a package of incentives designed to lower their own financial outlay and increase exposure. Full details will be announced in due course.

14. Likes: m-ast (18th December 2020),RS (20th December 2020),TWRC (21st December 2020)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    M-Sport paves the way from Europe to the world!

For the 2021 @FIAERC Junior Champion?

A FULLY FUNDED year in the 2022 @FIAJuniorWRC Championship

https://www.m-sport.co.uk/single-pos...he-world-stage
    so that must mean that 2022 JWRC car is Fiesta Rally3 otherwise ERCJ champion is going from 4wd back to 2wd.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

16. Likes: m-ast (18th December 2020),Sulland (18th December 2020)
    After see the prizes i reinforce my opinion. Great move by all, FIA, ERC and M-Sport.

18. Likes: Sulland (18th December 2020)