Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Liked 244 Times in 100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom K View Post
    According to DirtFish WRC Promoter will takeover ERC. Let's hope it wil be only change of brand. If they are gonna to replace people - for example from media team - it will be great loss.
    but to be honest ERC needs a restart....it must be under professional hands, if you look at the calendar, WRC has already 4 races and ERC didn´t even start the season, due to that, many teams already switch from original plan to do ERC into WRC2/3
    Juha Kankkunen: "The speed was o.K., but the corner was to tight"
    Marcus Grönholm: "... tell corrado .... three gears are enough..! "

2. Likes: AndyRAC (14th May 2021)
    Liked 307 Times in 148 Posts
    I would not judge that way. Last year ERC had two events (Rome in July and Liepaja in August) after lockdown and WRC restarted in September. WRC run 7 out of 13 rounds and ERC 5/8... You have to remember that WRC has Monte and Sweden/Arctic in winter and during last few years ERC always started later. I just like very friendly, almost family atmosphere in ERC, without this "stiffness" present in WRC

4. Likes: AndyRAC (14th May 2021),Eli (9th August 2021),RS (15th May 2021),steve.mandzij (14th May 2021)
    Liked 1,243 Times in 675 Posts
    This could actually work of they get it right. And the dreaded 'rotation' system for the WRC, could potentially return - except the year your event isn't in the WRC, it becomes an ERC round. But, I don't expect them do to that.

Rallying needs more than 1 viable international series - other disciplines manage it.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

6. Likes: Eli (9th August 2021),HKSjbg (14th May 2021),Jarek Z (18th May 2021),steve.mandzij (14th May 2021)
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    This would be the end of an era going right back to the IRC of Eurosport running the second tier international rally championship. My initial thought is that I don’t like it, competition is generally a good thing and Eurosport have brought some good innovations over the years but let’s see what RB come up with. If they can secure some better broadcast deals and maybe even give us a televised power stage then it could be a good thing.

Liked 1,521 Times in 654 Posts
    The biggest theoretical advantage that could come from this would be if NEP starts producing an 'All Live' level of professional live coverage. It could even still be broadcast on Eurosport, returning to the peak IRC level of coverage. But that's a big if. Would Red Bull be willing to fund that until the value of the ERC is lifted enough for events/nations to want to pay the promoter enough to cover those costs with their inclusion on the calendar? I don't know, maybe with WRC rotation. I think there's a way that can work, but I don't think it's a sure fire money maker...

Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    You guys always mention IRC but My question would be... does the erc need to be bigger?
    I mean... its an european championship for basically privateers only. In the spanish round, there lots of drivers from the spanish rally champioship.. in the italian round, theres lots of italian drivers from the national championship... That seems to work but I could be wrong, since im not from europe. I see erc as a "lets see who is the best R5 driver from the national championships in europe (irish, uk, italy, czech, spain, deutschland...) plus those full time entries that cant afford a full wrc carrer, like Lukyanuk, Kopecky, Kajetan... Does it need to be bigger than that? I mean.. the whole rally niche already KNOWS about erc, so its not like a "new world championship" trying to get recognized, like extreme-e or pure-etcr or eskootr

10. Likes: Jarek Z (18th May 2021)
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    ERC as it is now is fine in many things. It has a good competitive level, a reasonable selection of events and a large number of young talents. IMHO it found its role in the sport and fulfills it. The change from Eurosport to RB is probably more about the desired creation of the direct talent ladder which IMHO is a good thing to do for both championships since ERC proved itself in the last couple of years as an excelent platform for young drivers and a good fundament for one's WRC career.

Let's be also honest, Eurosport didn't care that much about ERC lately. It makes little sense to bring back their effort from IRC times because at that time it was all about exploiting the sorry state of the WRC and creating a well welcomed competition which ultimately lead to WRC getting into better shape again. A large part of that success was the stubborn stance of the ACM which went to IRC together with money to pay the first modern all-live event. The other and even more important one was the will of some manufacturers to engage in a competitive series to WRC. Those days are long gone. Nowadays ERC is about privateers and IMHO that's perfectly fine.

Of course I'll be happy if they add some stages from ERC to the All-live broadcast but I see it as a rather difficult challenge for the reason that there is no fixed entry field. Basically anyone can come and win which is good but it makes live of a broadcasting director very difficult.
    Last edited by Mirek; 15th May 2021 at 18:21.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

12. Likes: Jarek Z (18th May 2021),lmmjvss (15th May 2021),pantealex (16th May 2021),Sulland (17th May 2021),the sniper (16th May 2021),WRC1 (16th May 2021)
    Liked 298 Times in 114 Posts

Enviado desde mi WAS-LX1A mediante Tapatalk

Liked 5,499 Times in 2,280 Posts
    Yates

15. Likes: YerayEcoBoost (16th May 2021)
    Liked 1,472 Times in 572 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    Yates
    It's with a french team (TM Competition) so I would think it will be a French driver as well.