Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Motorsport Merchandise

Hi All,

Looking for some advice on a business venture i have been thinking of for a while.

Have worked in motorsport many years ago and always have loved the merchandise you can buy with the different teams, i have collected a few rare items over the years.

I am looking into starting up a company selling merchandise for various teams, t shirts, caps, bags, posters, model cars etc.......

Are there companys out there selling wholesale items (not copys) i can purchase in bulk or do i have to contact each team and ask if i can purchase their items to sell?

Any advice would be great

Many thanks

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Interesting business idea. I'd say that you'd have to contact each team and establish some sort of licensing agreement. An already licensed clothing or merchandise manufacturer *might* offer some sort of bulk sales, as happens with Speedgear. But it would be difficult to compete with larger merchandisers on price, I would say. If you're talking about team gear (worn at the track, for instance), Ebay is the avenue that many people seem to go. Ex-team members will often sell items that they acquired while working with various teams. Years ago, I bought many authentic items (mostly CART and some IMSA) this way. But as with all things on Ebay, you have to get to know the sellers, so that you're not dealing with knock-offs and counterfeits.

Sorry. That probably wasn't much help. But I wish you the best of luck in this endeavor. Which series do you plan to focus on?
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think that you'd have to contact each team. Also, if you want to sell these products online, it would be a great prospect to create a website for your store and start promoting it. I personally did so. From the very beginning of this journey until today, I have been helped by an SEO company SEOTwix https://seotwix.com/ with the work of which I am completely satisfied in the promotion of my website. They helped me make the site interesting for our audience and raised its position in search results with the help of special SEO services.
    I hope this advice will be useful for you