Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tragedy during races. Spectators flooded with burning fuel

One person is in critical condition and 11 were seriously injured after one of the race cars splashed the audience with burning fuel. The incident occurred during drag racing in the Australian town of Alice Springs.

Fans of Red CentreNATS will long remember the Sunday competition. Fenced off only with a metal net, the spectators were filming how one of the drivers "spins doughnuts" on the asphalt. Then the tragedy happened. The car splashed burning fuel on the viewers.

After the accident the event was cancelled. The emergency services and organizers took care of helping the injured. The organizer said that the total number of victims was 12. One of them is in critical condition, the others have suffered serious injuries, but their condition is stable.

Source: Northern Territory Major Events Company

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ProSpec View Post
    Twelve people were burned when the car at the Red CentreNATS event on Sunday sent the lit fuel flying during the burnout with vision showing flames being thrown out over fans.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Tragedy during races: a dark day remembered, Indy 1964. And I remember it, I was 19:
    https://racer.com/2014/05/20/a-dark-...red-indy-1964/
    U.S. Navy Veteran 1965-1969 ⚓️ R.I.P. Eddie Sachs May 30, 1964