Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Liked 1,068 Times in 599 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    He didn't have wing damage when he was leading the race by 10 seconds. So it must have happened after he went unto the inters. Hence it could have happened at some point when he was on inters. I don't buy the talk about the wing being the reason why he faded backwards. It is more like the wing got damaged due the the tyres losing grip
    So nice you had to post it twice?
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    So nice you had to post it twice?
    Not sure how that happened. But it defo made me laugh that it did. If l could get rid of one of them, l would have. Well, my Lance bashing is done.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 25th November 2020 at 10:56.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

3. Likes: N. Jones (19th November 2020)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    It started pretty early , somewhere around 17 laps in , as that was when he started complaining about grip .
    And , nobody could see any issue from the appearance of the top of the wing , so all and sundry were baffled about why Lance was all of a sudden going backwards .

Then folks started laughing about him being baffled about it , saying he just simply cooked the tires .
    Then , they said the wing got damaged somehow by the tires being cooked .

The guy can't win , at least not with a busted front wing .
    That is very possibly the case as Perez reduced the 6 second gap from Lance by the time he was called into the pits. It is possible that he hit debris from the Grosjean-Latifi crash. Or damaged it on the curbs. You would think the Racing Point would have sensors to monitor downforce loads on the wings. Hence, they should have seen something in their telemetry before he was called into the pits.

Whichever way you look at it, it was still driver error of some sort.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    That is very possibly the case as Perez reduced the 6 second gap from Lance by the time he was called into the pits. It is possible that he hit debris from the Grosjean-Latifi crash. Or damaged it on the curbs. You would think the Racing Point would have sensors to monitor downforce loads on the wings. Hence, they should have seen something in their telemetry before he was called into the pits.

Whichever way you look at it, it was still driver error of some sort.
    I thought you wrote that your Lance bashing was done .

You said it was possible he hit debris , but then said that whichever way you look at it , he screwed up .

That sounds like a bit of a bash , doesn't it ?

The useless Lance took pole and was driving away from them all , and , at 17 laps in , went suddenly backwards to ninth because he's so useless .
    Now , that's a bash .

6. Likes: gm99 (19th November 2020)
    I thought you wrote that your Lance bashing was done .

You said it was possible he hit debris , but then said that whichever way you look at it , he screwed up .

That sounds like a bit of a bash , doesn't it ?

The useless Lance took pole and was driving away from them all , and , at 17 laps in , went suddenly backwards to ninth because he's so useless .
    Now , that's a bash .
    Now you are being dramatic. You and I know Lance Stroll is not useless. Even so, the fact remains that he damaged the front wing. As we all know the front wing would not damage itself. How the damage occured may well have been outside his control, we may never know that for sure. But as these things go, he did not convert a very clear advantage into what would have been a highly impressive win. Which would have done wonders for his status among other drivers and fans alike.
    It is not bashing to state the fact. I am just disappointed that he did not do it. I am still very much in his corner as you would find from all my previous posts.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    Now you are being dramatic. You and I know Lance Stroll is not useless. Even so, the fact remains that he damaged the front wing. As we all know the front wing would not damage itself. How the damage occured may well have been outside his control, we may never know that for sure. But as these things go, he did not convert a very clear advantage into what would have been a highly impressive win. Which would have done wonders for his status among other drivers and fans alike.
    It is not bashing to state the fact. I am just disappointed that he did not do it. I am still very much in his corner as you would find from all my previous posts.
    My point there would be that neither the team nor Lance knew until after the race that the wing had been damaged , implying that neither saw a reason to suspect it was .
    That says he likely didn't bust it on the curbs , but rather hit some debris .
    It explains his bewilderment at why he could no longer drive the thing .

Don't be disappointed , be impressed .

My point there would be that neither the team nor Lance knew until after the race that the wing had been damaged , implying that neither saw a reason to suspect it was .
    That says he likely didn't bust it on the curbs , but rather hit some debris .
    It explains his bewilderment at why he could no longer drive the thing .

Don't be disappointed , be impressed .
    C'est la vie mon amis!
    William Shakespeare

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Looks like a front wing setup mess up by Max's RB pit crew may have also contributed to his poor performance in Turkey... 7 degree angle difference between both sides.. Doh!

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Looks like a front wing setup mess up by Max's RB pit crew may have also contributed to his poor performance in Turkey... 7 degree angle difference between both sides.. Doh!
    Somebody has messed up. Redbull has not given their best service to Verstapenn this season. He should have been challenging for the title this season. Or at least be comfortably second.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Somebody has messed up. Redbull has not given their best service to Verstapenn this season. He should have been challenging for the title this season. Or at least be comfortably second.
    NO

Mercedes is so much quicker car.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"