Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    I disagree. It's a nice, narrow track that punishes mistakes.
    I agree, a fast flowing old school track. It deserves a place on the F1 calendar. If Monaco can have a place on the F1 calendar,. so can Imola, l think.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 2nd November 2020 at 16:31.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

2. Likes: N. Jones (3rd November 2020)
    Liked 311 Times in 168 Posts
    Interesting to me that when we go to an old style track we also get old style retirement rates! Coincidence??

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Racing Point's call for Perez to come into the pits for tire change just a few laps before the end of race was so unfortunate. I am not saying that Perez deserved a podium in this race, but he was certainly the driver who deserved the most to benefit from Verstappen's unfortunate with exploding tire. This was so stupid. Do you all recall a race in Monaco a few years back when the Mercedes crew called in Hamilton, the race leader, into pits for tire change under safety car only a few laps before the end of race? Hamilton was almost crying on the radio when he realized that this cost him a win at Monaco.

5. Likes: N. Jones (3rd November 2020)
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    Racing Point's call for Perez to come into the pits for tire change just a few laps before the end of race was so unfortunate. I am not saying that Perez deserved a podium in this race, but he was certainly the driver who deserved the most to benefit from Verstappen's unfortunate with exploding tire. This was so stupid. Do you all recall a race in Monaco a few years back when the Mercedes crew called in Hamilton, the race leader, into pits for tire change under safety car only a few laps before the end of race? Hamilton was almost crying on the radio when he realized that this cost him a win at Monaco.
    Well this Racing Point strategist make the dumb Mercedes strategist look like a math professor. At least Mercedes won that race, just the wrong guy won. While the racing Point strategist has dropped the team from third place in the constructors championship and put Perez further out of contention for 4th in the drivers championship. It was such a costly mistake.

When you consider that Racing Point lost 15 points from copycat-gate, they would not like to lose points in the bag unnecessarily like this.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 3rd November 2020 at 20:49.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare