Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts

HAAS Looking for 2 New Drivers for 2021

So, with the news that Haas will be going with two new drivers next year - who do you think will be in?
    I'm guessing Perez & Mick.

Liked 41 Times in 26 Posts
    Interesting.

Maybe Perez and Hulk. Hulk because he's The Hulk and Perez will ring its neck and not put it into a wall.

Good pairing i feel.

Liked 177 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Whyzars View Post
    Interesting.

Maybe Perez and Hulk. Hulk because he's The Hulk and Perez will ring its neck and not put it into a wall.

Good pairing i feel.
    One car is granted for Mazepin - since his father is financing the team next year (and probably buiying it out the year after)
    I read also that they were reluctant in getting too good of a 2nd driver, in fear that the son would look bad - so a second rookie (Mick ?)

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djip View Post
    One car is granted for Mazepin - since his father is financing the team next year (and probably buiying it out the year after)
    I read also that they were reluctant in getting too good of a 2nd driver, in fear that the son would look bad - so a second rookie (Mick ?)
    I think yours is a safe bet. Although I really hope that Hulkenberg finds a ride somewhere, the fact that he doesn't bring a budget hurts his cause with Haas. I'm guessing that Perez will land at either Williams or (longshot) Red Bull.

As for Grosjean and Magnussen, I'm not sorry to see them go - especially Grosjean. His past due date has been stinking up the refrigerator for awhile.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Haas may run one rookie and one experienced driver to help develop the car. My guess is Hulkenburg or Perez and [possibly] Mazepin. Running two rookies is working for Williams at the back of the grid, but is not the idea situation if Haas seriously want to be competitive and in the midfield. I would go with Perez and Schumacher personally.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 25th October 2020 at 04:57.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Haas may run one rookie and one experienced driver to help develop the car. My guess is Hulkenburg or Perez and [possibly] Mazepin. Running two rookies is working for Williams at the back of the grid, but is not the idea situation if Haas seriously want to be competitive and in the midfield. I would go with Perez and Schumacher personally.
    I wish you were right and indeed the Hulk really deserves a seat (do does Perez but if I would be him given he has sponsors, i would not go to Haas). Ufortunately money talks (and it always has in F1)...

Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    As for Grosjean and Magnussen, I'm not sorry to see them go - especially Grosjean. His past due date has been stinking up the refrigerator for awhile.
    Yes Grosjean seems to have lost his mojo lately. However, more than the blunders he has delivered in the past few years, one should remember how promising he was before joining Haas. He was seriously tipped as a winner in waiting - I never really understood his decision to go to a beginner team in Haas - I hope he made good money at least because in the end it killed his carreer. There is life after F1, though, so hopefully he can still succeed somewhere.

As for Magnussen, aside from his "take-no-prisoners" approach which I really enjoy, i have a hard time rating him. He has definitely been better than Grosjean at Haas, but what does that means ?